X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meanysword
    started a topic is Knockback needed anymore

is Knockback needed anymore

in my opinion flyff no longer needs the knock back mechanic. reasons i think this is most if not all players just heal the damage and dont rely on preventing it all together second it doesnt work on bosses so its only really good for training but maybe it should be jester specific ability?

anyways my point was that it should be removed or disabled on blades billposters and rangers
    reasons i do not like it:
    1. it bugs out drops from monsters especially in dungeons or on hills so that they are ungettable sometimes.
    2. it slows down kill speed of most 1v1 because your character takes the extra time after knocking a monster back to run again to it.
    3. well i just dont like the mechanic its annoying and useless in the over all perspective of how the game flows and creates an unnessesary dissadvantage to 1v1 critical hit based characters.

any posts for or against why this mechanic should be removed disabled or kept please post below

• Meanysword
    commented on 's reply
    your comment made me laugh thank you

• Prololz
    replied
    wouldnt be a problem if knockback wasnt followed by MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS HIT

Leave a comment:

• ScourgePallium
    replied
    Originally posted by UchihaRay View Post
    Meanysword I understand your PoV but if you think about it for a sec..:

1. Most of times jumping and using the command to pick up works (even when CS Pets cant reach out!) so, I am sorry, but you aren't really being reasonable here..

2. You are talking about like some seconds per hour of farm..it would take days of farming non-stop for the "time lost" to become enough to worry about at all. you are overreacting.

3. Are you insane? For all classes that can use that, Jester, Ranger, Blade, BP, and even Knights (1v1), that is awesome because increases the damage they can do without getting hit, of course the ranged ones benefit more (Jester has Crit based on Class so obviously a better reward on that) but still it's useful and helps out the sustain during lvls (it's only useless if you are using so many powerups or powerful equips that your char wouldn't get hurt anyway by the mobs you are hunting, which obviously isn't everyone's situation!)

4. Not really the point here but just so you know, a really bigger problem around Flyff nowadays is how BP 1v1 isn't worth unless you are so strong you can kill without a single chance of the stun (from stonehand) to end, because there is this stupid bug that when the mob comes out of the stun he hits for all the time he was stunned (which means he hits like 3-4 times in 1 sec) so if you are not tanky enough (1v1 BP shouldn't be...) you will just die in a sec. And obviously that doesn't make sense at all. The idea of stunning is keeping the mob inactive but you shouldn't get punished for not being able to kill the mob before he gets out of the stun..see? real problems exist! <3

So my tip for you is: THINK BEFORE YOU TALK, TALK TO PEOPLE BEFORE COMPLAINING AT FORUM, AND THINK AGAIN BEFORE POSTING HERE!

Forum is already filled with nonsense complains. don't be one more, please!! <3
    First off, why accuse him of complaining when hes clearly just stating his opinion? No need to be abrasive and condescending, especially when you seem to show more sympathy for that psychopath (I was going to jump in sooner, but he turned this thread into a shitshow).

Now, with that out of the way, you both make compelling arguments.

1) The jumping shouldn't be necessary. Neither should monsters be going through walls. The physics system here clearly needs to be improved to prevent both of these incidents.

2) The time running to it is minuscule, but there is a second problemosition lag. This can add more seconds than just running to the monster.

3) This is just your opinion. Personally, I like it myself. It adds charm to the game and is a rather unique feature.

I'd, ultimately, say that the knockback isn't the issue, the other problems with the physics system (e.g floating drops and half-solid walls) are.

Leave a comment:

• BlueLight
    commented on 's reply
    Indeed the knockback is very handy for players without soul leeching pets, or good gear… to start farming on a BJ, to build up any other main they have.
    We are still alive in this one, and to be honest… flyff wise we got a lot of good changes the past year… even merge is really gonna happen...
    So i take those things a bit for what it is, annoying… but still so many improvements where they are investing time in listening to players.

• Meanysword
    commented on 's reply
    thanks everyone and i really do appritiate the responses

• Jammey
    commented on 's reply
    I wish other people on meteo where like him, we quite for a little while so I changed servers.

• UchihaRay
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, Thanks Vexius! We never know what is on people's mind, I just hope he gets over his problems before he gets into serious problems, in real life..

Meanysword I just saw the comment you made on the other post about the merge, I am sorry, I didn't mean everyone on Meteo is a Duper, I mean, who knows, but anyways, I am glad we didn't fight over that, because you seem really nice ^^ I hope the other people on Meteo are like you

• Meanysword
    commented on 's reply
    thanks Vexius it doesnt bother me at all all that matters to me is people stating their opinions on my topic as i play on meteo server there are not that many people to discuss with and this is the best way to bring awareness of an issue i have no problem ignoring people who dont contribute to the discussion but do as you please :P

• Vexius
    commented on 's reply
    Yikes thats some next level insults. Sadly as a mu legend mod i can't really interfere but i made a report to the Flyff staff/mods to hopefully delete these insane insults quickly. UchihaRay Jammey Meanysword

• Jammey
    commented on 's reply
    Who do you hate devil so much?

• UchihaRay
    commented on 's reply
    I wonder what's the deal with this guy..I mean me and Meanysword ashly discussed through and found a new PoV about it, maybe knockback should be just a knockup..and fix drops to hit the ground..still Trony flames all the way again haha (as I said in my first answer to his flaming posts he deleted his first one, so looks like he is man enough to insult people around but not to stand for his words uh?!)..I just wish you grow up sometime and realize how stupid you look right now (although in your twisted mind you seem to think you look great when you do this kinda shit haha) ^^ Peace and love dude, we are just talking about stuff, in-game stuff, no need to get crazy and insult people, if you don't like me...well, I am sorry, I am pretty sure I don't care haha! <3

• Meanysword
    commented on 's reply
    also the point of my post was there is basically a whole bunch of problems that need to be solved and you can half fix them all by disabling one mechanic instead of changing multiple things like pathing of pets and the fact drops are flung into the air to unreachable areas when you get a kill during a knockback crit. but if you think it will be easier to fix all these individual problems that stem from the fact the monster isn't in the same place at the end of the kill as where it started(and you have no control over where it ends up without stopping your kill and taking extra hits to readjust your position toward the monster).

• Meanysword
    commented on 's reply
    i guess this is true but to truely fix the drop mechanic, drops would have to fall to the ground i'm not sure the proper terms but they also have to make objects such as rocks you might not be able to pass through would need to be made passable by the pick up pets or their pathing needs to be changed somehow

ps if you go into the new flaris dungeon you will find that you will probably end up dying because you hit a mob behind a rock, your character will run at it trying to attack and your screen will flip out trying to auto adjust the camera... and you will get agrod by multiple mobs that wouldnt have aggrod you if you never knock'd back the monster you were attacking in the first place so knockback although yes it may prevent damage when taking on a few agro'd monsters at once it also has the reverse effect where it draws way way more agro monsters to you.
    just my experience

• UchihaRay
    replied
    I see what you mean..but if that's the deal wouldn't it be easier to just clean out the dungeons from those mountains and hills instead of getting rid of a system that's been there forever? I mean, yeah I know you generally can heal, but who never killed a mob just cause of a critical hit that knocked it back, specially when aggros come group hitting you and managed to stay alive because of that knockback that kept you from getting 2 hits at the same time?

Yeah the drop part can be boring but that is more of a specific reaction bug (why can't the drops stay in the ground? Would it be that hard to program a code for that?) And the cause is the terrain not the critical..the terrain is bugged xD

Still pretty sure no one that could really do something about it will care anyway..it will stay together with stunned mob bug+ giant system + historic/angel/legendary golden wraps + all the other systems and things that they killed while not managing the game properly..but we'll at least we are alive!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X