is Knockback needed anymore

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is Knockback needed anymore

in my opinion flyff no longer needs the knock back mechanic. reasons i think this is most if not all players just heal the damage and dont rely on preventing it all together second it doesnt work on bosses so its only really good for training but maybe it should be jester specific ability?

anyways my point was that it should be removed or disabled on blades billposters and rangers
    reasons i do not like it:
    1. it bugs out drops from monsters especially in dungeons or on hills so that they are ungettable sometimes.
    2. it slows down kill speed of most 1v1 because your character takes the extra time after knocking a monster back to run again to it.
    3. well i just dont like the mechanic its annoying and useless in the over all perspective of how the game flows and creates an unnessesary dissadvantage to 1v1 critical hit based characters.

any posts for or against why this mechanic should be removed disabled or kept please post below

Does it even matter? Gala lab won't fix it anyway.

Comment

Meanysword I understand your PoV but if you think about it for a sec..:

1. Most of times jumping and using the command to pick up works (even when CS Pets cant reach out!) so, I am sorry, but you aren't really being reasonable here..

2. You are talking about like some seconds per hour of farm..it would take days of farming non-stop for the "time lost" to become enough to worry about at all. you are overreacting.

3. Are you insane? For all classes that can use that, Jester, Ranger, Blade, BP, and even Knights (1v1), that is awesome because increases the damage they can do without getting hit, of course the ranged ones benefit more (Jester has Crit based on Class so obviously a better reward on that) but still it's useful and helps out the sustain during lvls (it's only useless if you are using so many powerups or powerful equips that your char wouldn't get hurt anyway by the mobs you are hunting, which obviously isn't everyone's situation!)

4. Not really the point here but just so you know, a really bigger problem around Flyff nowadays is how BP 1v1 isn't worth unless you are so strong you can kill without a single chance of the stun (from stonehand) to end, because there is this stupid bug that when the mob comes out of the stun he hits for all the time he was stunned (which means he hits like 3-4 times in 1 sec) so if you are not tanky enough (1v1 BP shouldn't be...) you will just die in a sec. And obviously that doesn't make sense at all. The idea of stunning is keeping the mob inactive but you shouldn't get punished for not being able to kill the mob before he gets out of the stun..see? real problems exist! <3

So my tip for you is: THINK BEFORE YOU TALK, TALK TO PEOPLE BEFORE COMPLAINING AT FORUM, AND THINK AGAIN BEFORE POSTING HERE!

Forum is already filled with nonsense complains. don't be one more, please!! <3

Comment

• Meanysword
        Meanysword commented
        Editing a comment
        thank you for your input. sorry you feel differently then me but training 150+ in the new dungeon because of knockbacks your pick up pet will only pick up 1/10 drops and yes i run full partys with drop buffs so there are 4+ drops per mob and with all the rocks everywhere its almost impossible to get loot without spending 50% or more of your time fixing where your pet is running to but idk maybe you havent had that problem beause you haven't tried leveling in forever or something idk your situation but most characters leveling at areas that are aplicable for their level (not to low to get damage reduction in a serious state) can at least tank one hit even without any stamina and a +3 set so its not like anyone cant out heal the mobs they are fighting.

ps. this is also a problem in azria with all the hills everywhere because you knock mobs back off the hill and then the drops are to high in the air for even your pet to get and you have to run jump off the hill with the grab item which takes alot of time out of training so its not just high levels i'm worried about here.

jester has a special knockback also with yoyo so they do not nessesarily need the crit knockback all other classes can survive by eating food if your training within reason of the leveling system.

tho more posts like yours will help balance both sides of the argument so keep up the work
        Last edited by Meanysword; 16-01-19, 01:23 AM. Reason: redundant points

• Jammey
        Jammey commented
        Editing a comment
        Who do you hate devil so much?

I see what you mean..but if that's the deal wouldn't it be easier to just clean out the dungeons from those mountains and hills instead of getting rid of a system that's been there forever? I mean, yeah I know you generally can heal, but who never killed a mob just cause of a critical hit that knocked it back, specially when aggros come group hitting you and managed to stay alive because of that knockback that kept you from getting 2 hits at the same time?

Yeah the drop part can be boring but that is more of a specific reaction bug (why can't the drops stay in the ground? Would it be that hard to program a code for that?) And the cause is the terrain not the critical..the terrain is bugged xD

Still pretty sure no one that could really do something about it will care anyway..it will stay together with stunned mob bug+ giant system + historic/angel/legendary golden wraps + all the other systems and things that they killed while not managing the game properly..but we'll at least we are alive!

Comment

• Jammey
        Jammey commented
        Editing a comment
        I wish other people on meteo where like him, we quite for a little while so I changed servers.

• Meanysword
        Meanysword commented
        Editing a comment
        thanks everyone and i really do appritiate the responses

• BlueLight
        BlueLight commented
        Editing a comment
        Indeed the knockback is very handy for players without soul leeching pets, or good gear… to start farming on a BJ, to build up any other main they have.
        We are still alive in this one, and to be honest… flyff wise we got a lot of good changes the past year… even merge is really gonna happen...
        So i take those things a bit for what it is, annoying… but still so many improvements where they are investing time in listening to players.

Originally posted by UchihaRay View Post
      Meanysword I understand your PoV but if you think about it for a sec..:

1. Most of times jumping and using the command to pick up works (even when CS Pets cant reach out!) so, I am sorry, but you aren't really being reasonable here..

2. You are talking about like some seconds per hour of farm..it would take days of farming non-stop for the "time lost" to become enough to worry about at all. you are overreacting.

3. Are you insane? For all classes that can use that, Jester, Ranger, Blade, BP, and even Knights (1v1), that is awesome because increases the damage they can do without getting hit, of course the ranged ones benefit more (Jester has Crit based on Class so obviously a better reward on that) but still it's useful and helps out the sustain during lvls (it's only useless if you are using so many powerups or powerful equips that your char wouldn't get hurt anyway by the mobs you are hunting, which obviously isn't everyone's situation!)

4. Not really the point here but just so you know, a really bigger problem around Flyff nowadays is how BP 1v1 isn't worth unless you are so strong you can kill without a single chance of the stun (from stonehand) to end, because there is this stupid bug that when the mob comes out of the stun he hits for all the time he was stunned (which means he hits like 3-4 times in 1 sec) so if you are not tanky enough (1v1 BP shouldn't be...) you will just die in a sec. And obviously that doesn't make sense at all. The idea of stunning is keeping the mob inactive but you shouldn't get punished for not being able to kill the mob before he gets out of the stun..see? real problems exist! <3

So my tip for you is: THINK BEFORE YOU TALK, TALK TO PEOPLE BEFORE COMPLAINING AT FORUM, AND THINK AGAIN BEFORE POSTING HERE!

Forum is already filled with nonsense complains. don't be one more, please!! <3
      First off, why accuse him of complaining when hes clearly just stating his opinion? No need to be abrasive and condescending, especially when you seem to show more sympathy for that psychopath (I was going to jump in sooner, but he turned this thread into a shitshow).

Now, with that out of the way, you both make compelling arguments.

1) The jumping shouldn't be necessary. Neither should monsters be going through walls. The physics system here clearly needs to be improved to prevent both of these incidents.

2) The time running to it is minuscule, but there is a second problemosition lag. This can add more seconds than just running to the monster.

3) This is just your opinion. Personally, I like it myself. It adds charm to the game and is a rather unique feature.

I'd, ultimately, say that the knockback isn't the issue, the other problems with the physics system (e.g floating drops and half-solid walls) are.

Comment

wouldnt be a problem if knockback wasnt followed by MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS MISS HIT

Comment

• Meanysword
          Meanysword commented
          Editing a comment
          your comment made me laugh thank you
      Working...
      X