Webzen forum feedback thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Webzen forum feedback thread

Now that we've had a bit of time to get used to the new forums, what are your thoughts?

-What works well?
    -What could be improved?
    -Overall, how are the new forums?

Any feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Gale - BowHarlequin - Demian || Gale - Jester | Fermi - Billposter - Tanuki

Subscribe doesn't work.

Comment

• TweenyNu
      TweenyNu commented
      Editing a comment
      If I recall correctly, this was a problem with the old forums, as well; lul.

Overall to me I think the forums are mediocre I don't see anything particularly special than any other forums

Comment

I'll list a couple of things I've found that could be improved:
      - Messages in your inbox should be automatically marked as 'read' once you click on them; clicking on them to go to a thread, and then have to manually delete them is quite a chore.
      - A 'view your posts' function would be greatly appreciated.
      - The flag function seems to only apply to rule-breaking threads, when it'd be nice to be able to report threads simply to be moved.
      - The 'posts per day' field in your profile takes your original join date into account, not the date of the portal merge (resulting in 0.01 posts per day counts)
      - (minor) At the top of topics with more than one page, you can only use a 'next' button or enter a number manually, when at the bottom of the page, it's easier to navigate to the last page.

Comment

Originally posted by Isis View Post
        I'll list a couple of things I've found that could be improved:
        - Messages in your inbox should be automatically marked as 'read' once you click on them; clicking on them to go to a thread, and then have to manually delete them is quite a chore.
        - A 'view your posts' function would be greatly appreciated.
        If I click on a PM to read it, it is flagged as read for me. Unless you mean something else? You can see your posts if you go to your profile (by clicking on your name or avatar for example). But I suppose you want an additional feature somewhere else for that?

~Magitook

Comment

• Groose
          Groose commented
          Editing a comment
          He means when someone replies to you on a thread, that notification doesn't go away even when you click on it (unlike reading a PM).

The 'Notification Preview'.

• Nerve
          Nerve commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, that's what I meant.

Also, back on the old forums, you could easily click 'View your posts' and see which topic had new posts in it since the last time you looked at it. I know I can see my own forum posts, but I'm easily losing track of which topic has been updated since I saw it, and having to go through them all one by one is kind of a pain.

Forum. I want to see Who is Online.
        So many options . I didn't check Everything.
        How can I see my message center
        ?
        I don't see this option When I log in.
        "Next to your forum name at the top right": Message

http://forum.webzen.com/privatemessage/index

Comment

A few things I've noticed that, in my opinion, could use some attention:
          • The option to view other people's signatures is hidden until you get 15 posts and is disabled by default - meaning that I couldn't see anyone's signature while logged in prior to reaching the said post count and specifically enabling the setting; (NB: this setting is probably incorrectly lumped together with the setting to set your signature, which is why it follows the same rules)
          • IMG tags (probably other tags, too, I haven't checked them all) don't seem to be parsed in comments to posts when you're logged out;
          • Advanced editor, preview function and WYSIWYG functionality isn't available for comments;
          • Strikethrough tag isn't available;
          • The syntax highlighting only works with the PHP and HTML tags and it doesn't feel right to type C code and mark it as PHP, for example, just to get that benefit;
          • The cyan background for the FlyFF forum feels somewhat bothersome to me; I'll certainly survive, but I'd prefer something that feels less like some neon light;
          • Our avatars are only sized at about 64 px width/height (excluding borders), even though the original image is loaded anyway (just right-click, select 'view image' [depending on your browser] and observe how it's the original image); also, borders (which will mess up the effect of avatars that try to employ transparency near the borders);
          • Signatures are always placed below the 'posts' counter in a post, leading to wasted space in short posts; see image:
          • [not exactly forum related, but what the heck] The Help section is currently in German for me, regardless of which language I select; some sites out there seem to incorrectly resolve my IP address as a German address, if that means anything; also, this wasn't a problem when the new portal first became operational.
          I do like the WYSIWYG approach to posts, plus the ability to copy and paste a fair amount of formatting. Also, no more dark ugly background, hooray to that.

Comment

I wished the forum would tell you when a post has been made before you, and stops you from posting it until you confirm it. Sometimes it's bothersome when someone answers a few mins beforehand and then it gets repeated by a few people. Same with off topic games, it sucks having to reload to see if someone posted and to see if it needs editing.

Comment

Originally posted by CerealOrMilk View Post
            I wished the forum would tell you when a post has been made before you, and stops you from posting it until you confirm it. Sometimes it's bothersome when someone answers a few mins beforehand and then it gets repeated by a few people. Same with off topic games, it sucks having to reload to see if someone posted and to see if it needs editing.
            This. I've had several occasions where my posts became obsolete, simply because I wasn't aware someone had posted the same thing a few minutes before me.

Comment

Hmm think looks oke but join date sucks made in 2008 and not shows huehue ...
              I hate the stars because I look at the same ones as you do, without you

Comment

I think it would be great to be able to upvote (like facebook ''likes'')

Comment

Originally posted by TheSpecialOne View Post
                  I think it would be great to be able to upvote (like facebook ''likes'')
                  Well the forums has reputation system, but it's disabled.
                  In our company, the customer is never right.
                  I'm done here, goodbye

Comment

Not only did it take them over a month to answer my ticket about the account i can't access, but even after providing them in that ticket, everything in the world they could ever need, names, addresses, paypal accounts, possible emails, etc etc following what they say they want to have in the ticket for an account recovery, The answer my ticket with " please send a ticket with all the information you have already provided here so that we can help you" not in those words they just told me to send a ticket with all the same information that i had already provided, so wtf webzen are you autoreplying tickets or what. If you had read what was said on my ticket you would have clearly seen all the information was provided.. i hate you webzen this is a major degrade from flyff's support

Comment

• Magitook
                      Magitook commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'm sorry to hear that you had such a negative experience with our support team, Dontbeg. Yet, this thread is about suggestions and feedback about the forum, so please don't post support issues here (especially since you created a new topic about this as well).

• MissPasaway
                      MissPasaway commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I sent them ticket for my pins and in my surprised, it only took 2 days to recover them After Gala lost their care for their players, I never get a good response from Flyff. And I honestly find the new CM very active in replying and providing answers for their players. But I agreed that they asked too much information but you can't blame them as many people could claim an account that they are not theirs.

It's probably the minorest of minor issues but I noticed that when I write a comment (not a reply per say) and use the < sign (smaller than/less than), e.g. to make a heart symbol ( <3) , it will not only not post the sign, but also cut off any characters after the symbol

(Sorry if this has already been pointed out somewhere )

Comment

• Err0neous
                      Err0neous commented
                      Editing a comment
                      It's due to a crude attempt at html parsing. A < with characters immediately following is interpreted as an attempt at typing HTML, which it immediately tries to translate into BBCode, even if it's not valid HTML.

Why is it so difficult to make a dedicated forum for trading/selling/buying?

Comment

Working...
                    X