Old characters questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old characters questions...

I have come back from being away from the game for over 10 years. It has been so long that I have forgotten a lot of details. Using skills seems to be different, I seem to recall them being a hotkey bar thing before where you slotted them and used them independently and if one required another skill first it would only be able to be activated after using the skill and then it's hotkey could be used to activate it. Now it looks like I have to put all my skills into this one use thing that I find a little strange. So I find myself almost never using skills compared to what I remember of a much more active skill use. Am I missing something in that regard?

Second, I have two old characters from back in those days. However their quest logs show almost no completed quests in them despite being almost level 40 and having knowingly completed as much content as I have with the new character I created to familiarize myself with the game again. Either there really was hardly and quests back then or something is wrong and the quest dialog is missing a whole lot of content it should have. With that said if need be or if I wanted to is it possible for me to make the characters all over again transferring their gear and what not to the new character to be used by them upon reaching their current levels?

Lastly whatever changes took place over time the characters have been stat and skill reset which is a good thing probably, except that I don't remember the builds. What I do remember is on my assist I had two weapon sets one for support and one for solo if I recall correctly and there was some sort of ratio for the stats. I don't remember if it was like 2:1:1 or 3:2:1 for the STR/DEX: STR/DEX : STA. And I think INT : DEX : STA or something like that for the magician.

Other than that I can't think of anything offhand that I needed to ask however if there is anything else ya'll think I should know please feel free to reply with that too. Thanks.

i have guild channel in discord with some build and gears guides, add me if you are interested: MothSyndrome#7942

Comment

I have discovered why very little appears in the quest dialog. I started playing the game back at launch. I don't recall if I participated in beta or anything like that prior to launch. And it would appear that some point by 2008 they revamped all but the "office quests" to a completely new set of quests. With that said I really do wonder if I'll have to reroll my old characters as any quest that has a complete x quest requirement won't be fulfilled I would think since other than the office quests everything these characters did doesn't exists aside from the monsters fought. And this has me curious the changes that have taken place over the history of the game.

Comment

One BIG change, made rather recently, is that you cannot delete characters. Just in case that's what you meant by "With that said I really do wonder if I'll have to reroll my old characters...".

Comment

With how the game was made quests aren’t really that important so most people don’t do them.
          IGN: JagerKnight Guild: Natural Server: Lykan

Comment

Originally posted by Len45 View Post
            One BIG change, made rather recently, is that you cannot delete characters. Just in case that's what you meant by "With that said I really do wonder if I'll have to reroll my old characters...".
            Basically yes that was what i meant, delete the character and start over from level one but otherwise keep the character the same as it looks and is named. If you can't delete characters what are we supposed to do if we decide we don't want one and make a different one in it's place?

Comment

• Jammey
              Jammey commented
              Editing a comment
              Make a new account then
          Working...
          X