Questions about wands

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about wands

So I'm thinking about making a fancy crit psy but need a bit of a refresher course on wands.

1. Do crits still cause knock back in pvp?
    2. Are they affected by ICD? (I believe people used to say they were affected by target's ICD but I never saw any confirmation on that)
    3. If they are not affected by ICD bonuses what is their base crit damage?
    4. Do elements affect the damage of wand bolts? (If I remember correctly elementing lowers the damage of skills but what about normal attacks)
    5. Are wand attacks affected by HIt and/or Block rates?

Originally posted by Sylphyd View Post
    So I'm thinking about making a fancy crit psy but need a bit of a refresher course on wands.

1. Do crits still cause knock back in pvp?

A: Yes, they do

2. Are they affected by ICD? (I believe people used to say they were affected by target's ICD but I never saw any confirmation on that)

A: Back in the days, critical hits caused by wand attacks were based on your opponents ICD stat.

They are now based on your own ICD value. I dont know when they changed that, but tested it years ago and recently,

so I can confirm both of them.

3. If they are not affected by ICD bonuses what is their base crit damage?

A: See above

4. Do elements affect the damage of wand bolts? (If I remember correctly elementing lowers the damage of skills

but what about normal attacks)

A: Yes, but not in the way other weapons are. It seems that you only get a fixed damage increase much

like magic based elemental skills.

5. Are wand attacks affected by HIt and/or Block rates?

A: Wand attacks are not affected by your own Hitrate (%) your opponents Evasion Rate (%) and Block Rate (%).

But missed attacks still occour. Based on my own tests, it seems as if this depends on the distance between yourself and the monster.

If the monster is too far away, all hits miss, the moment the distance is short enough everything hits.

Example: You can attack monsters up to 4 distance units away from you with your wand.

If the monster is within 0 - 3 distance units, everything hits. If it is between 3 - 4 everything misses.

Could be wrong on that and just a result of lag and position data not matching up between the client <-> server,

but these were my experiences from 10h of grinding

Last edited by Shaymin; 30-06-18, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Sylphyd
      Sylphyd commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks very much. Exactly what I was looking for. ;D
Working...
X