Newbie And Need Help ! :c i need advice on build HELP PLZ T__T

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie And Need Help ! :c i need advice on build HELP PLZ T__T

So... im new to flyff, i created a character, im currently a lvl 16 mercenary, my goal is to go for a knight and then a templar..
    but im confused.. i have no idea where i should put my stats, i want to hit enemies 1 by 1 and not AoE, since i guess its more expensive? but yeah, so what should i wield? sword and a shield? also.. about the stats, i gave most the points to stamina, and a little bit to str and dex... but MOSTLY stamina, is this wrong? if so, how should i distribute my stats? please explain by saying for example " every lvl you give 1 to str and 1 to dex" or so. because i could not understand the guides i found online.. >< (i still have the stat reset scroll they give you as a noob)

Thanks so much and i hope you can help

So first of all, do you plan on using swords or axes as a knight?

Comment

If your planning to build 1v1 than the only way for you is a big sword , you should upgrade yourself mostly on sta and str since you are still a knight that needs HP so you need sta , but since your 1v1 put str aswell. Put the points however you like , if you prefer more hp over dmg or if you prefer more dmg over hp. THERE IS NO SPECIAL WAY , every knight/other class puts his points however he likes , but if your going 1v1 i would recommend you STA and STR.

Comment

For example you stabilize your STA and STR evenly after each lvl. 2 to STA and 2 to STR , but if you prefer more dmg over hp you put 3 to STR and only 1 into STA , if you prefer hp over dmg than put 3 to STA and 1 to STR. Hope i helped :3

Comment

• Flyff92
          Flyff92 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks a lot ThePhoenix you where really helpful! i will go for a 2h sword then and 3 STA 1 STR thanks a lot!!!

Thanks a lot ThePhoenix you where really helpful! i will go for a 2h sword then and 3 STA 1 STR thanks a lot!!!

Comment

umm I don't understand why anyone would go more stam than Str as a 1v1 Knight and their weps have a slow hit rate and accuracy will be a big issue!! If your going 1v1 Knight you want more Dex than anything and Str and very little Stam 40 I'd say is enough if you have some RM with max heap up that give you 80 stam. *note* 1v1 Knights are not very good unless you spend a lot of funds to make them good and even then the ones that spend the same amount of funds as you did but used a different 1v1 type class would do better. Also to do aoe isn't expensive at all at lease I don't think it is.

Comment

• Flyff92
            Flyff92 commented
            Editing a comment
            ok then, i guess i should go AoE so... for AoE is it good? 3 sta 1 str??

also im guessing aoe means ill be using skills that do damage to a big number of monsters right?(so i shouldnt focus on single target skills on my mercenary or knight or templar) (im a noob)

• Moribito
            Moribito commented
            Editing a comment
            You can go aoe or 1v1 the choice is yours I just didn't want you to be miss informed that aoe is more costly than 1v1 really.

Actually, knight is more or less the best 1v1 class after blade in terms of normal attack dps. It's also much cheaper than blade, but starts dropping in effectiveness at higher levels. Do note in this game aoe builds are generally cheaper than 1v1 builds. Assuming you're unfunded: For 1v1 use big sword and go str/ dex. You also don't use skills outside of the buffs as skills can't critical. Check the wiki for the amount of dex needed for attack speed breaks. Use that as a reference for your build. I can come back later with a more specific build if you want. Alternatively you can go for a high sta build to try running wilds for money. I hear you need about 10k hp to tank the boss. For aoe you build sta/str for a tanky build. Use big axe. I believe the usual build is 120 sta/xxx str but you probably won't need it all right away. You could go 1 sta/ 1 str until about 40 then add all sta after that. That should give you about 105 sta by the time you actually start aoeing at lv 65; which is probably more than enough at that level. Once there you can add str/ sta as you see fit; likely capping sta at 120.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylphyd View Post
            Actually, knight is more or less the best 1v1 class after blade in terms of normal attack dps.
            I don't agree a BP can do better 1v1 than a Knight can, granted if Knights still had the Sword Cross debuff then I'd say they would be better but since that nerf they not as good 1v1 anymore. Slow attack speed (and low accuracy if you do't have +10 set or a lot of Dex which in turn lowers your DPS since lower pts spend on Str.) is really what hurts them even with 100% attack speed their attack animation is slower than what other 1v1 classes do at 100% Its like how Rangers/BJs attack speed looks so fast yet their dmg don't register til the arrows travel to their target.

Comment

That might've been the case back in the day when knights had no good 1v1 weapons. Nowadays it's the other way around. It takes more funding to make a good 1v1 BP than a 1v1 knight. Although upon further checking it does look like a BP has a slightly higher dps cap thanks to rodey set. Also before 3rd job, a knight will have higher critical rate and hit rate. The only time hit rate is an issue for a knight is if they carelessly use rage.

Tl;Dr : Similar funds= knight has higher dps than bp. With a good rodey bp edges out knight.

Comment

Working...
              X