This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magitook
    started a topic Wcoin FAQ (Update 08/26/2014)

Wcoin FAQ (Update 08/26/2014)

Hello everyone,

Now that the 3 portals have merged into the new WEBZEN, we’d like to start answering your questions about Wcoin, payment methods, and “oh my, what’s happened to the potatoes?’
    • What does Wcoin mean?
    Wcoin is, and has always been, the name of the Webzen.com premium currency. It stands for “Webzen Coin.”
    • What is the value of 1 Wcoin?
    The value of 1 Wcoin depends on the currency used to purchase the Wcoin. Currently we only support USD ($) and EUR (€) and their respective value is as follows:
    1 USD = 100 Wcoin
    1 EUR = 130 Wcoin
    • But I’m seeing weird numbers on the top-up page?
    Good point. For payments made from most European countries, we are legally obliged to add 23% Irish VAT (Our European office is in Dublin, Ireland).
    For these countries the ratio will be:
    1.23 USD = 100 Wcoin
    1.23 EUR = 130 Wcoin (0.95 EUR = 100 Wcoin)
    • What about my purchasing power, then?
    For the majority of players, and because we have reviewed our conversion rates without changing prices in game, you will have a similar - or higher - purchasing power (value for your money) as before.

The one case we have identified where your value for money may decrease is if you are an EU player playing on the former Webzen.com or gPotato.com service (instead of the gPotato.eu service). The reason is that those players didn’t pay VAT on those services before – which technically was a legal issue that we had to solve.

We are keeping a close eye on the pricing of both currency and items, and will consider changes if we feel they’re needed.
    • I’m a former gPotato player. How did my gPotato get converted into the new Wcoin?
    For gPotato.com players, your balance of gPotato points has been converted 1 : 1, meaning 100 gP = 100 Wcoin.
    For gPotato.eu players, your balance of gPotato points has been converted 1 : 1.3, meaning 100 gP = 130 Wcoin.
    • Why can’t I choose the payment currency I want?
    Currently, our payment options are only available either in USD ($) or in EUR (€), with the exception of Paypal, which offers both.
    We are working with developers and our payment partners to offer the choice between the two currencies, but it will likely take a few weeks before it’s fully set up. We also plan to add more currencies in the future, but it is too early to give you a reliable ETA on this.
    • Why isn’t my preferred payment method available anymore?
    Our goal is to provide a wide range of payment options to all players. At the moment, some popular payment methods like mobile or phone payments, as well as sponsored offers and some country-specific options are not available. We’re sorry for that, we know it’s a problem. The truth is that we’ve had to rebuild many systems, and some of them are still being tested internally. It may take a few weeks before everything is ready. We will update you once we have more accurate visibility.

While we are now focusing all our efforts on making sure that all players can access and play the games, we are committed to improve the payment options for you guys as soon as possible.

UPDATE 06/24/2014:
    • Euro payment for Paysafecard has now been activated (Euro should be the default currency now, but can be changed to USD)
    • 100 Euro / 100 USD thresholds added (topping up 100 Euro / 100 USD yields a 10% bonus)
    UPDATE 08/26/2014:
    • Mobile payment option Allopass has been activated again
    Meanwhile, if you face any issue with your payment, please contact us at http://cs.webzen.com/FAQ/List

Again, thank you for your support.

The WEBZEN team

• Nimuee
    replied
    Originally posted by TowerGardian1 View Post
    Is there anyway i can pay U.S. dollers to get something on the EU server. AND do my WCOINS become available on both servers if needed or transfer?
    Bought WCoins are available for all Webzen games and servers.
    But for the Flyff EU server you can only use the ingame shop.
    Menu -> premium items -> flyff shop

Leave a comment:

• TowerGardian1
    replied
    Is there anyway i can pay U.S. dollers to get something on the EU server. AND do my WCOINS become available on both servers if needed or transfer?

Leave a comment:

• Koviko
    replied
    Why do Wcoins expire?

Leave a comment:

• (MOD)NyKo
    replied
    Hey Partyboyy, you can submit a ticket here about paysafe payments: http://cs.webzen.com/FAQ/Read/192/875/542?SearchVal=

Leave a comment:

• Partyboyy
    replied
    Originally posted by DevilUchihah View Post
    What if my money got stolen by Global Collect BV when i "Payed" with paysafecard.....i entered my pin got me to an error message and then i checked that the money was stolen and i didn't receive any Wcoins...Will i receive my Wcoins??

i got the same problem -_-

Leave a comment:

• TuenGaming
    commented on 's reply
    Looks like I can re-fill now. It's just a daily wcoin limit then. Still kinda sucks. Because now I didn't get the 30% off like I was planning to. I definitely wont top-up yet then. :-/
    Too bad.
    I didn't have this limit on my main account. Do you think a ticket to the customer support could solve this?

• TuenGaming
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks for the answer Cheriesaurus.
    Well, I've bought some wcoins on my main account. But this I bought for the first time on my New Elementor Account. But it seems like I have a limit still. Altso, this is on the New Clockworks Server.

• Cheriesaurus
    commented on 's reply
    I thought the wcoin limit was removed after the merge, as it was 100usd a day and 800usd a month or something. Have you purchased more wcoins this month? Maybe the monthly limit was not removed only the day limit.. I will see if I can find out.

• TuenGaming
    replied
    I get an error saying that I my top-up limitation has been reached and that I can not top-up before the 15th next month. What is this? It seems like the limit is set to 100 Euros.

Please help! I NEED TO TOP UP WHILE ITS 30% OFF.

Leave a comment:

• RogerioD
    replied
    Alguem SABE me Dizer se Compra de GP Pelo cartao da pra parcela?

Leave a comment:

• XZane2016
    replied
    I've been having issues buying wcoins with Karma Koin prepaid cards, any ideas why this isn't working?

Leave a comment:

• Duku
    commented on 's reply
    Did you figure out why this happened to you? It's been happening to me too. I need help.

• Bilenin1
    replied
    >> Oops, an error has occurred! << ​Because this goes out for me?

Leave a comment:

• Niacin
    replied
    The purchasing power has actually reduced significantly if you factor in that EU players playing on the US FlyFF had to pay taxes prior to this so that hasn't changed, but got a larger bonus on the cash shop currency. I used to pay $120 with VAT but got between 13000-15000 gPotato/Wcoin - which now with the newest rate of Irish VAT the payment has increased slightly but quantity decreased 20-30%. Now if I want the same amount of currency as before (even with the taxes I paid before) I'd have to purchase the largest Euro bundle, which is a 40% increase in cost of what I paid previously against the USD bundle that there was previously - and my currency the Pound Sterling has actually become stronger against the Euro and US Dollar in the past couple of years. So in theory it should cost me much less.

If you want more people to spend money on e-currency then I suggest you lower cash shop prices for an increase in demand.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X