X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wcoin FAQ (Update 08/26/2014)

Hello everyone,

Now that the 3 portals have merged into the new WEBZEN, we’d like to start answering your questions about Wcoin, payment methods, and “oh my, what’s happened to the potatoes?’
    • What does Wcoin mean?
    Wcoin is, and has always been, the name of the Webzen.com premium currency. It stands for “Webzen Coin.”
    • What is the value of 1 Wcoin?
    The value of 1 Wcoin depends on the currency used to purchase the Wcoin. Currently we only support USD ($) and EUR (€) and their respective value is as follows:
    1 USD = 100 Wcoin
    1 EUR = 130 Wcoin
    • But I’m seeing weird numbers on the top-up page?
    Good point. For payments made from most European countries, we are legally obliged to add 23% Irish VAT (Our European office is in Dublin, Ireland).
    For these countries the ratio will be:
    1.23 USD = 100 Wcoin
    1.23 EUR = 130 Wcoin (0.95 EUR = 100 Wcoin)
    • What about my purchasing power, then?
    For the majority of players, and because we have reviewed our conversion rates without changing prices in game, you will have a similar - or higher - purchasing power (value for your money) as before.

The one case we have identified where your value for money may decrease is if you are an EU player playing on the former Webzen.com or gPotato.com service (instead of the gPotato.eu service). The reason is that those players didn’t pay VAT on those services before – which technically was a legal issue that we had to solve.

We are keeping a close eye on the pricing of both currency and items, and will consider changes if we feel they’re needed.
    • I’m a former gPotato player. How did my gPotato get converted into the new Wcoin?
    For gPotato.com players, your balance of gPotato points has been converted 1 : 1, meaning 100 gP = 100 Wcoin.
    For gPotato.eu players, your balance of gPotato points has been converted 1 : 1.3, meaning 100 gP = 130 Wcoin.
    • Why can’t I choose the payment currency I want?
    Currently, our payment options are only available either in USD ($) or in EUR (€), with the exception of Paypal, which offers both.
    We are working with developers and our payment partners to offer the choice between the two currencies, but it will likely take a few weeks before it’s fully set up. We also plan to add more currencies in the future, but it is too early to give you a reliable ETA on this.
    • Why isn’t my preferred payment method available anymore?
    Our goal is to provide a wide range of payment options to all players. At the moment, some popular payment methods like mobile or phone payments, as well as sponsored offers and some country-specific options are not available. We’re sorry for that, we know it’s a problem. The truth is that we’ve had to rebuild many systems, and some of them are still being tested internally. It may take a few weeks before everything is ready. We will update you once we have more accurate visibility.

While we are now focusing all our efforts on making sure that all players can access and play the games, we are committed to improve the payment options for you guys as soon as possible.

UPDATE 06/24/2014:
    • Euro payment for Paysafecard has now been activated (Euro should be the default currency now, but can be changed to USD)
    • 100 Euro / 100 USD thresholds added (topping up 100 Euro / 100 USD yields a 10% bonus)
    UPDATE 08/26/2014:
    • Mobile payment option Allopass has been activated again
    Meanwhile, if you face any issue with your payment, please contact us at http://cs.webzen.com/FAQ/List

Again, thank you for your support.

The WEBZEN team

thanks for this info mr.Magitook
    sniper 150H Kingpin of Attitude

Comment

yea cheers bruz i was gonna commit suicide not knowing the conversion rates but now thats cleared up

Comment

thanks for the info

Comment

What if my money got stolen by Global Collect BV when i "Payed" with paysafecard.....i entered my pin got me to an error message and then i checked that the money was stolen and i didn't receive any Wcoins...Will i receive my Wcoins??

Comment

WCOINS bought 3 veses today by phone and have not received any of veses please help me

Comment

• TweenyNu
              TweenyNu commented
              Editing a comment
              I advise against posting your login credentials like that; if you must, use the ticket system and do it privately.
              Consider editing that part out of your post.

Thanks for the info. I was interested to learn more about Wcoins.

"You have enemies? Good. That means you fought for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Comment

yeaa i payed for 24,60 on wcoins the money did get off my bank account still no wcoins...and that was wednesday

Comment

Hello all,

we are aware that there are still a few issues in regards to payments. We are working on resolving them and hopefully you all receive the Wcoins you paid for.

~Magitook

Comment

I bought coins w 2331 and 1000 by the cell bank, so only arrived in 1000? I want to receive the 2331 please help me if you know anything

Comment

I have a question about wcoins limit per day/month. Before the merge gpotato limit was 100 usd per day and 800 usd per
                    month, but now after getting wcoins i noticed that theres no day limit. I went up until i reached 85k wcoins a day, so my question is there a monthly limit for wcoin? If so please post it down
                    Tanuki - DeathPenalty

Comment

Originally posted by Sanderley View Post
                      I bought coins w 2331 and 1000 by the cell bank, so only arrived in 1000? I want to receive the 2331 please help me if you know anything

Try waiting if you got the first bit and you could always send a ticket to support to make sure you get help.

Comment

well it let me *fillup* the webpennies.. however when I went to SPEND them I wasn't able to... any suggestions?? I am unable to choose a character however I CAN choose a server.....

Comment

Originally posted by Lommies View Post
                          well it let me *fillup* the webpennies.. however when I went to SPEND them I wasn't able to... any suggestions?? I am unable to choose a character however I CAN choose a server.....
                          If you're using the forum one, try the in-game one and vice-vesa. Other than that, don't know any other work arounds. Maybe try asking people who spend a lot of wcoin.

Comment

No sht I paid and I didnt get my stuff. I want my wcoins I dont work my ass off to get money and then get stolen by u guys and u never reply on tickets like they dont exist.

Comment

Working...
                            X