No announcement yet.

Server merge update discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so i understand the first merge is for the most part completed with very few bugs is there an update like it went as smoothly as expected or some kind of update so we know if we can expect the merges to continue at a steady pace or not for the rest of us that still have yet to get a merge a small update would be nice or something like expect an announcement in the next few weeks. just sayin

Comment

• XSlyth
      XSlyth commented
      Editing a comment
      Yea completely agree with that.

We need to get an update from the game masters how the first merge went. I believe that it went smoothly and the server seems to handle the population very well. I can walk in flaris without any laggs actually and I believe that when all servers get into 1 , people will also move back to darkon to reduce laggs, which would be good.

But an update from the game masters and expected date of the next US merge would really be appreciated.

What is going to happen with the Skeleton Devil's Cloaks from Meteonyker after the merge?
    When Meteo launched all new characters got one, so (almost) everybody has one.
    Are they going to be deleted?
    It wouldn't be fair for the people on Clockworks (that worked hard or paid a lot of penya for them) if they stay in game.
    Please do not give everybody from Clockworks that cloak too, because the special meaning of it will get lost.
    Just delete the Meteo cloaks people got from the start....

Comment

• Klaig
      Klaig commented
      Editing a comment
      It was not really a gift but more of a server rule/advantage

• Meanysword
      Meanysword commented
      Editing a comment
      then wtf did we spend all those blessings on for it should have been stated clearly on server creation that the cloaks would be deleted from the game some day if you gave out Q amps at the start of a new sever would you take away peoples xp they gained from those q amps if it merged with another. im a little frustrated that you do not care at the fact that your basically throwing a few players with no economy into a server full of players with a hyperinflated econemy and thinking they will be able to buy 3-6 cloaks for their characters that need it. you need a more creative solution then excuses trash company for spitting in the face of the minority players

additional idea: since everyone is freaked out that people are hoarding cloaks on accounts and it will ruin the economy how about deleting cloaks exceeding 1 on each account so that each account can only have one cloak on it that way people who made hundreds of dummy accounts and traded them all to one to keep incase this happend would be stuck with only 1 cloak and the people who still play get their "server advantage" still that is the reason they moved to that server. not for some bs excuse to screw em over one day
      Last edited by Meanysword; 13-03-19, 04:01 PM. Reason: additional idea because webzen cant think of their own

• Meanysword
      Meanysword commented
      Editing a comment
      http://en.flyff.webzen.com/Community...000000000/4146 link to official opening of server

im agree to Meanysword why CW character scared about Meteo SDC issues how about the others buy of your Wcoinz pay for the good goddess scroll we are your customer who paid and buy your premium wcoinz think about our side and beside click the link Meany post clearly there read it guys i hope webzen think of it.

Comment

I don't play on CW, nore Meteo, but I feel like you guys need to stop giving so many arguments without thinking before saying..

First of all, Klaig didn't say the cloaks are gonna be removed...He said they are thinking about an option which you guys should be helping right now instead of flaming each other for not thinking the same way..

Second, in this situation, as it is, one of the servers, either CW or Meteo will go as loser, as if they don't manage the Meteo cloaks CW's market will be affected drastically (not the whole market though..but still), but if they delete all cloaks people who didn't use them clean as they came, and used Bless of Godess on it will have their time/money gone, not only the free cloak, which makes it wrong..but something has to be done.

In my opinion I see 2 ways to solve it properly:
      1 - All cloaks that received Bless of Goddess effect on Meteo will be spared, the rest gets deleted - that way noone that ashly spent something on the cloak will be losing, and the benefit of getting a cloak for free while many people couldn't before knowing about the merge won't exist..and, as always, a coupon to redeem a reward, for both CW and Meteo, so both stop complaining and let the merge go on.

That way the market won't get affect, at least I don't believe that Meteo has so many people actively playing with blessed cloaks, and people who didn't do anything about their cloaks will lose the right to use them since the server won't be existing anymore, the merge will become a new server.

2 - Another solution would be just give everyone on CW the cloak too, that way both servers get the reward and noone loses, and the CW players that bought the cloak for wcoins get refunded so they don't have their money lost.

Just reminding, trades made ingame don't have anything to do with this, so people who paid penya for the cloak won't have to complain since they will get it for free anyways, no money lost there.

Any of the solutions would work, probably the first one would be harder to do, since it would require checking people around, so, I believe more in the second option, and, before someone cries about market, we are talking specifically about cloaks, it's 1 item in the whole set, that you can or not use. so what if everyone got a good cloak?! donors can't complain, since theirs will be way better anyway with Bless of Goddess and all the other CS that they manage to have, while most players will only have the clean cloak..Besides, all the rest of the market will be working properly, and I don't believe the cloak market in CW is that important for the server economy (shouldn't be for any server..)
      Last edited by DragonFish; 14-03-19, 11:34 PM.

Comment

• Meanysword
        Meanysword commented
        Editing a comment
        although yes you are right in some aspects klaig stating that the cloaks were more of a server perk implies that they are leaning toward getting rid of them this is why we are frustrated, because we were granted the cloak in the original post does not imply a server perk but a given item. also i think you missed the point where i gave many valid suggestions and he has not responded in a positive aspect on behalf of the company he works for...a neutral response that would have been acceptable would have been something along the lines of "we are considering all of our options at this time still" not his blatant disregard of the previous comments of suggestions that he has failed to address or the fact that he has taken the approach to in fact respond in a way that makes it seem like the company does not care about the opinions of the few people who pay. also remember this is not going to be cw's economy anymore even tho we are adopting the principle structure of cw because of the vast difference in players the economy of the server merge does not belong to them and by no right do they deserve to have their economy preserved over the destruction of another economy.

also just so you know skeleton devil cloaks were removed from bonuses for creating new accounts many many months ago so there wouldnt be an influx of cloaks into the large player base. my belief was that this was because a merge was incoming long before it was announced and well i was right. if they were just going to delete cloaks what was the point of discontinuing the free cloak for the server if it was as klaig stated "a server perk."

one final note would be nice if the webzen team actually communicated and reviewed posts made by mods this is the second mod to post something without thinking about what they are posting within the last month another mod told someone to break the law to spend wcoins which if i was in charge of community managment would never of let either post be published.

• DragonFish
        DragonFish commented
        Editing a comment
        I do not intend to flame anyone, just giving your answer a "feedback" I guess..

"not his blatant disregard of the previous comments of suggestions that he has failed to address or the fact that he has taken the approach to in fact respond in a way that makes it seem like the company does not care about the opinions of the few people who pay. "

I think you missed the point where people in CW paid for the very same cloak you got for free and wouldn't really be fair to have plenty people walking around with the very same cloak without the need to spend wcoin or penya for it, besides, I think there are "people who pay" in both servers and in both situations, so your argument isn't exactly correct, although it isn't neither CW's nore Meteo's players fault, it's all on how they decided to give stuff up for free knowing a merge would be coming and not having a plan to work this out, resuming, again, showing the lack of planning behind everything they do with the game (like this was new..)...plus you didn't have to call his comments anything, if you don't agree you just say you don't agree, like I am saying right now what I think without insulting you or your argument..

"also just so you know skeleton devil cloaks were removed from bonuses for creating new accounts many many months ago so there wouldnt be an influx of cloaks into the large player base. my belief was that this was because a merge was incoming long before it was announced and well i was right. if they were just going to delete cloaks what was the point of discontinuing the free cloak for the server if it was as klaig stated "a server perk." "

Ok. Valid argument, and well pointed out.

"one final note would be nice if the webzen team actually communicated and reviewed posts made by mods this is the second mod to post something without thinking about what they are posting within the last month another mod told someone to break the law to spend wcoins which if i was in charge of community managment would never of let either post be published."

Not sure if it's right to point the finger up to a mod just because of 1 "wrong" (in your opinion) answer..I mean well:
        1 - you're not his/her boss..
        2 - you could get punished if you start flaming since that is usually the start for flaming..
        3 - you really won't get many answers from any mod when you start talking like someone you aren't..

In my opinion the first thing to do is behave like what we are, players, and help with what we can, but understand and remember, the choice isn't on our hands, we aren't the boss, although we make the game alive, they are the ones that control it, like it or not, and even if you say "I will quit if you do this" they will either probably already had that reaction predicted and know what will happen later (like how many players will follow your example and how many won't) or they will just ignore as they kinda did to the whole bunch of players that quitted during the years since flyff was really high on population and now after all the mistakes they did and all the time they took to finally realize something had to be done..

Just a phrase that I always like to remind myself before speaking - "You lose your right to say when you lose your reason of mind."

Peace out and let the merge come..some might be happy, some might be mad, but the game gotta move forwards..life is what it is, and if one cloak, that was given for free but you can obviously get again since you're a "long-time player", will make you leave the game, I don't see why you would be discussing this here at all.
        Last edited by DragonFish; 19-03-19, 11:32 PM.

• Meanysword
        Meanysword commented
        Editing a comment
        expressing my frustration is imo the main way to address the fact that they are dissapointing many players, yes, maybe i myself can get 1-2 cloaks at a hyperinflated cost if they remove them from our accounts then the price of cloaks on cw will skyrocket to a price that not even most of us can afford but i know for a fact that most of the people in my guild will not be able to and if you think that the reason they dont want us to keep cloaks is because we didnt work for it. sadly i doubt that is an actual reason because there are very few people actually complaining compared to the server itself that we have cloaks. my ideal first thought was that if they get rid of cloaks on meteo not only will a few players lose a few hundred dollars from blessings that are straight up deleted but then everyone who farms cloaks in cw will have the value of the cloak trippled at least because of the fact that the few people in meteo who play still will all want cloaks again because thats why they quit their other servers... (to get a free best in slot cloak) yes i know not everyone quit an old server but the majority of people did.

second is we quit our other servers this was the payment we made. we did not just spend penya we spent accounts to restart with this cloak and yes although most of us server swapped to get a good start the rates were always atrocious until the server only had maybe 15-20 people that played on it.

the issue atm is, is the cloak de valued by the fact that more are comming into a server that will get only slightly larger, penya wise yes it is devalued by panic sellers if it is allowed to be kept by the community of meteo, but, the stats value will stay the same no matter what so the cloak will be just as useful weather we have it or not so taking it away does not take away the fact that other people who have it on cw will not lose any value toward their kill speed and ability to fight high level bosses because the cloak itself wont change so the value in terms of this use is statute.

side note: if the people of cw are worried there are gonna be to many cloaks in the game what do they think of all the other +10 sets and things that will come into the server... that might make some if not most of their gear worth less... should we just be delteing the meteo server in their opinion all together? not in mine just a food for thought question.

the real issue is everyone who made accounts and quit meteo have cloaks that they are not using currently and those players would not have to buy cloaks anymore except for the low low price of 1 unbind.... which can only be bought in the cash shop

also if you buy a devils cloak thinking that you are going to gain value on the price of the cloak just from the fact you bought it then your sadly mistaken as 1 unbind makes about 1/7th of the price up. the value you gain from it is litterally the kill speed/bonuses it gives. losing penya on the cloak over the course of a year or whatever the value will always go down so a penya value of cloak is not what should be looked at even tho it is the main argument as far as i can tell.

and yes this does not address everything you posted, yes my other posts have kinda been more along the lines of rants, and yes i may seem like i'm not thinking things through. but this is because i believe their is a blatant disregaurd of the perspective of the people who play on meteo still and the fact that the people of cw are most likely going to get what they want just because they complained. if no one had ever said whats going to happen to devil cloaks on meteo after the merge and cried about the fact we had cloaks and then they got rid of them that would have been a decision by the company but atm to me it feels like very few people are looking at this issue from the perspective of people who have been playing on meteo, and only the people asking about whats going on with cloaks with the sole purpose of them putting the idea of them being deleted are the ones getting responded to.

communication is key and there is only one side of the argument receiving very bland communication yet they are the ones who get a response and not a confirmation that no decisions have been made or anything to the side being taken away from. i mean its even possible i think a solution possibility would be give cw accs the option to claim a reward code for maybe 5 q amps or R amps and let us keep our cloak could be a cw thing only unless it somehow gets screwed up none of these suggestions have been responded to at all.

it would be nice if webzen put out a further statement that suggests they are either reviewing both sides here or that posts here will not effect their decisions as a company. all im asking for is some communication in a way that doesnt make you look like your responding to a company issue with your own private opinions that may or may not be shared but blatantly have a meeting and address the issue and then put out a statement none of these half ass few word responses to only one side of the argument.

i will state here i am happy with the solution created by webzen even tho most of my fellow guilmates do not play enough to even get close to 150 anytime soon it gives the chance for people who really want to keep cloak to put forth the effort to keep it. well done webzen

Comment

will cloaks won from seige coins also be deleted? or what about drops of them that were gotten legitimatly the same way players of cw get theirs? what happens to those types of skeleton devil cloaks?

Comment

• Meanysword
          Meanysword commented
          Editing a comment
          i think klaig a better question is if you gave Q amps at server start instead of R amps would you take away all the xp players gained from the Q amps because of a server merge?

• Meanysword
          Meanysword commented
          Editing a comment
          also klaig to answer your question i would be perfectly fine with everyone keeping their baruna wep+20 if they got to the level requiered to use it (145 because of reduction A) i would also not be opposed to letting 130+ accounts keep them for being somewhat close even tho they would never have been able to use them in the first place on the server the whole time they played. if this is the result of merging markets that baruna +20 weapons become cheaper then thats the cost of merging a server not throwing out one economy and taking a key piece of equipment from people just because a few people stand to not be able to make as much money from farming that item.

side note: if meteo had 500 active users and cw had 15 active users would you still be delteing the cloak off accs on meteo just because a few people didn't get to start with one? most likely not despite the fact you can say yes you would and we will never know
          Last edited by Meanysword; 25-03-19, 06:21 PM. Reason: sidenote

• Meanysword
          Meanysword commented
          Editing a comment
          incase anyone is wondering and thinking i just dont want to put forth the effort or something btw i have at this moment in time spent 15Q amps 5 R amps and around 50 es amps playing a total of 55+ hours this weekend during the double xp i have managed to get my slayer from 154-156 my templar from 133-148 and my full support seraph cant level on its own from 133-149 also.
          keep in mind its double xp i have decent gear for slayer but absolutly terrible gear for templar and seraph(which makes leveling more dangerous and costly and less efficient) take that as a note because not everyone can just play that much on a whim on the weekend and i am still trucking along trying to get to 150 on both my characters with only es amps left at my disposal after spending money on Q amps i really cant afford more especially just for 2 levels but someone who cant afford even 1 set of q amps wont ever be able to get 150 by the end of the month even from 130H which is where alot of people stopped leveling keep in mind without q amps or a 2x xp event this would take at least 550 hours to get from 133-148 without getting boosted and paying for a service which is not available on our server from any currently active players.(550 hours is not doable in a month even webzen employees dont work that much(40hrs a weekX4 weeks)) just incase you were wondering on the math behind why i think its unreasonable

Eherm.. Klaig, did you just miss every single thing i wrote? Sure seemed like it cause you sure didnt comment on my suggestion/s well idk and again if you read the thing someone linked to way back it was a gift, like the cw gift cloak, not a perk but yaya potato-tomato and such...Have fun

Comment

• Meanysword
          Meanysword commented
          Editing a comment
          Frozenpichu no his bloodlust is entirely targeting me he just doesnt like me for some reason because maybe he is a devil cloak farmer 1/5 who actually farm cloaks for money and im in a way attempting to ruin that way of him making penya in game for a few months by the fact that i would like more of my guildmates to be able to keep their cloak then just me. and the fact that i am trying to get info for the sole fact of being able to explain to the rest of my guild why they will be losing their cloaks at the 23rd of april btw they really will never get the cloak again because most of them can only play a few hours on their days off so i see them maybe 3-4 hours online a week even tho they've played for months most of them are not hero yet even. but yah the jist of the story is this dude hates me for some reason

• DragonFish
          DragonFish commented
          Editing a comment
          Frozenpichu don't worry mate you ain't doing anything wrong

Meanysword could you please read my post again and tell me exactly where I "flamed" you? All I did is try to show you how persistant your posts were and how you flooded the thread with all your complaints. If you wanna think you done well and I am "flaming" you, go ahead, I can't take your hands out of your face if you want to keep them there shutting your eyes and faking you're blind.

But don't try to make this look like I am insulting you, I did not insult you in any sentence I wrote till here, all I did is point out how you lost reason and how useless all that was since, at the end, the cloaks will get deleted!

Oh, just so you know, I play in NA ^^ good argument there saying I'm farming cloaks on CW mate, if you put more effort in reading instead of writing you may see I said, at my first comment in this thread, that I don't even play in EU!

But you ain't all wrong at your last post, I mean, I don't like you (how could I, I don't even know you lol) but still that's not the thing that's pushing me over here to write another post so you maybe can understand..will be my last try anyways, so please, read carefully and try not to answer before reading the whole thing ok?

I don't like the way you act. This thread was created with the main focus of players discussing and getting answers from Mods about the server merge update and how things will go, ask questions, make suggestions, show opinions..nothing wrong there..but you used this very same thread to attack not once but some times a Mod, insulting him or his actions (I also would like to say Klaig you are a very calm person, good job) and flooding with complaints over and over about how you thought it was wrong and how you thought it was unfair. The thing is, you could do the same thing without looking like a child that just ate half package of candy and had his parents take it away before he could eat the rest because it will soon be dinner time. I mean, your opinion is not the problem, the problem is how tiring it was to see and read all your posts over and over and over about the same things. And in the end, guess what? You were wrong, and the cloaks will be deleted, as any person with sense of judgement would see it's the right thing to do, in the short call.

Just concluding, you said "the conversation was over" so please stop trying to make something that doesn't exist here. You tried, you failed, move on.

Conversation is over
          Last edited by DragonFish; 27-03-19, 05:02 PM.

• Meanysword
          Meanysword commented
          Editing a comment
          Frozenpichu see you fine dw m8

Any news on the merge? of CW and Meteo

Comment

• Klaig
          Klaig commented
          Editing a comment
          We will post the FAQ this week.
      Working...
      X