No announcement yet.

Server merge update discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its been like one and half month for u announced merge. Theres still no any precise date. And u r keep sayin, like in 2016, its 'testing'. When i talk about merge or ask to people about it, most of people dont believe and keep sayin merge never gonna happen. Are these developers lazys ?. Im still thinkin they do not care us. We just wanna merge as soon as possible. It seems goin slowly to me idk what other people thinks.
    Last edited by Whenmerge; 03-02-19, 09:55 PM.

Comment

"testing since 2016"

let's hope that it'll be over before 2024

Comment

They are probably %90 lazy %10 dont care. Says 'testing' doesnt sound good to me like in 2016. People losin faith.
        Last edited by Whenmerge; 03-02-19, 09:57 PM.

Comment

i would be cool with it all, if i knew they were 'actually' testing and preparing the merge, even if it takes 'a little' longer.
          Unfortunately, when GMs say anything like 'testing' - as experience has shown - it could very well just be a lie. People already quitting and not spending anymore cause they lose faith in actual merge happening

Comment

Hello,

We know you waited for so long already and you guys are very excited to see the merge happen. Believe me when I say that we want this merge very badly as well (Less servers to take care of is a pretty cool thing for us, too ;D ).

But please understand that it is a huge process. Tons of data needs to get merged properly and it is a very difficult task to do with databases that old and loaded like the FlyFF ones.
            We want the merge to happen fast, too. But we rather prefer it to be done properly, which might take it's time. There's a reason why we didn't announce a fixed date for phase 1 so far. We don't want to pressure the database team at Gala with a fixed deadline, neither we don't want to make promises we maybe can't hold.

We - or rather Gala - scheduled phase 1 for "early 2019". It's just February, so I think we're still okay. We will make official announcements as soon as we get new information from Gala about the progress.

Greetings~

Comment

• Whenmerge
              Whenmerge commented
              Editing a comment
              I think pressure on the database team at gala is a good thing. Cuz There was promises in 2016 too. And Theres 6 phases as u know .
              Last edited by Whenmerge; 04-02-19, 01:16 PM.

• (MOD)Amenofus
              (MOD)Amenofus commented
              Editing a comment
              Hello Whenmerge,

I think causing pressure and pushing them to finish the process even faster increases the risk of making mistakes. I work in the IT myself and know tight deadlines and what negative effects can be the result.

There're 6 phases, that's right. But I think the first one will be the hardest. When they successfully manage the first one, the other 5 will be probably more easy as it is basically the same process like phase 1.

Greetings~

2024 then?

Comment

Cmonnn its just 2024

Comment

YAY!!! Prices will now start to go down and people will stop charging 10B for freaking Lusaka weapons!!! This has been a massive issue over on Lykan due to a dying server. No one was playing and everyone quit with the weapons that were in game making the ones left rise in prices so high you were stuck either buying the damn things or leveling with Something like Golden weapons. It's about time this happened. I am starting fresh because I have never been one that had a hard time making Perin. I cant wait!! So excited to play with more then just the same 5 people every day!!

PS. My join date for this account is 2016 and its saying 2017. Hmmm....
                Last edited by BlinxyBoy; 06-02-19, 04:39 AM.

Comment

• Len45
                  Len45 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think the "Join Date" is the date you joined the forum, not when you created the account.

Originally posted by Whenmerge View Post
                Cmonnn its just 2024

Comment

Anything news about merge?. Did u guys askin it to gala database team ? How is it goin?

Comment

Hello whenmerge,

We are currently testing the merge so what we do is create characters using as many features as possible, we move them to an other server and we check if things went all right. If something goes wrong we ask GALA for a fix and then we do it again until things go well, so it requires a bit of back an forth with GALA.

As long as there are unsolved issues we won't give any detail about merge date, because we are unable to predict how long it is going to take for GALA to solve those issues.

Comment

So exciting to come back at the time of a potential merge.. really happy to hear. it's been needed for a few years now. I've played since like, 2004? seen it grow so much for such a long time, and sadly die for so many years. Really hope this brings life back to this game, because it still has so much potential after so many years.

Comment

signs are showing good hope for the 5th of march for the first merge this is not confirmed but is a logical date due to the new topic telling people what they need to do to get ready remember this is just the first of many merges so it does not effect everyone right away but the thread tells who it effects and what they need to do to prepare

Comment

Working...
                        X