No announcement yet.

Server merge update discussion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I have one question since there will be merge in EU too (CW and Meteo) how will you guys differ the insane amount of dupe items in Meteo? We all know that's why the server died almost faster as it got alive, so when you merge, how will you avoid that all market gets crazy because of many duped items?

I mean is there gonna be a proccess about it, a cleaning on Meteo before the merge, something like that? Cause on CW we got a lot of people now, and it's active and everything, and we obviously don't want the server to have more issues since nowadays Dupe is almost inexistent there..or at least it's well hidden I don't know..

Comment

Originally posted by UchihaRay View Post
      So I have one question since there will be merge in EU too (CW and Meteo) how will you guys differ the insane amount of dupe items in Meteo? We all know that's why the server died almost faster as it got alive, so when you merge, how will you avoid that all market gets crazy because of many duped items?

I mean is there gonna be a proccess about it, a cleaning on Meteo before the merge, something like that? Cause on CW we got a lot of people now, and it's active and everything, and we obviously don't want the server to have more issues since nowadays Dupe is almost inexistent there..or at least it's well hidden I don't know..
      That's a good one.

Comment

• UchihaRay
        UchihaRay commented
        Editing a comment
        Maerchsar if you're not gonna help improving the discussion don't say anything.

First of all, if you stop to look at it, every server had dupe obviously, some more, some less, but that Meteo had more than any other is a fact, and what has been done about it is a mistery (as far as I know, people just left the server, but doesn't mean Dupers did..they didn't really need the server to be active anyway right?) so, if a merge is coming, the Dupe problem, that right now is dead because the server (Meteo) is dead, will turn back alive because CW is alive, and even though it had dupe problems too (as I said before..which server didn't?) right now it is a lot less common, and people are really looking out for the community there.

By the way, you obviously don't play on CW, so don't comment on what you don't know exactly, otherwise it will be just a nonsense out of date comment. As I said focus on improving the discussion, not flaming, thanks ^^
        Last edited by UchihaRay; 20-12-18, 11:46 AM.

• Maerchsar
        Maerchsar commented
        Editing a comment
        I played on CW from its opening to last December when they killed it with the opening of Meteo. I cant speak for certain on the number of dupes on Meteo, but as for CW the duping was insane, there is an ungodly amount of +20 jewelry sets out there from duping, I believe they even did 1 or 2 wipes of duped items but they didnt get even close to them all. CW was a disaster for duping, Im not trying to insult you or call you wrong, but the duping problem on CW got way out of control and the merge with Meteo will have zero effect because of that. You may wish to believe different because it is your server of choice, but it is the truth.

• UchihaRay
        UchihaRay commented
        Editing a comment
        so you saying the number of people selling +20 jewelry sets on Xmas Event raised up because of Dupers, and not cause people might have saved and worked on tons of that Magic Sticks (that you may not know, are the same every year) and just exchanged a lot of them and got a lot of sets? lol. that's not Dupe. Dupe is when the guy gets exactly the same awakenings, same fusions, same everything, in more than 1 item, like blade with 2 Lusaka 1h Axe with both STR+50/ICD+30% exactly. that's Dupe obviously. Jewelry+20 during Xmas event isn't Dupe, it's Donors making good use of the Event. haha

I am pretty sure meteo supe is worse I didn’t really buy or trade stuff with players because I could have been duped.

Comment

Dupe is for sure a problem, yet it doesnt kill any servers, nor is it the reason why some servers are dead/less populated. The most active server, moco, has some considerable amount of dupe, as does every server. Hidden or not. Not too long ago, moco was dead and 1 guild sieged against themselves. There is no downside to having more people play together, its called MMO. I recommend merging as many servers together as possible. If it possible, even merge EU/US together, as both are english-speaking. I dont think people should oppose a merge because of the fear of getting outgeared. Yes some people with better gear will come. Then again some people with worse gear will come. I dont see any reason that makes sense, that would imply to leave any server unmerged. Especially for players, that dont siege, it would be really bad, if they still cant find partys to level, still cant find partners to farm, still have noone that buy low-level dropped items and so on.

I agree with the idea of raising the amount of guilds that can participate in siege. Especially regarding this, I'd like to see the fake-guild applications for gold chips only fixed, after a merge, cant afford to have many non-participating guilds apply for siege.

Comment

• Hyaton
          Hyaton commented
          Editing a comment
          UchihaRay my post was not directed towards you, in fact, I havent even read your previous posts. Idk what makes you think that my post was directed at you.
          But now since you answered, here's my take on things:

Why would a merge destroy economies or whatsoever? what does merge have to do with dupe? all the points you mentioned are certainly big problems for flyff, yet merging or not leaves them unaffected. As many other people already mentioned, the "dupe" issues arent server-bound. Dupers can and will and have duped on all servers and they will continue to do so unless they fix it.
          A merge will increase the number of people playing together, and yes it wont fix any other problems like dupe or what not, but it also wont make them worse. So there is no reason not to merge IMO.

• UchihaRay
          UchihaRay commented
          Editing a comment
          Hyaton lol. so I am the one to bring "Dupe subject" to the discussion, and you answer it without reading..lol..kinda makes me doubt your sense of judgement since you don't seem to know what you are doing here anyway haha

Ok lemme draw it to you since it looks like you can't read and understand at the same time:

Players in CW? = Some, not the best quantity you would wish for but still more than many servers, maybe even more than Moco.
          Players in Meteo? = Wouldn't say more than 20 active, besides most are alts of the same people since the server died.

EXPLANATION - MERGING METEO TO CW ISN'T GONNA RAISE THE PLAYER BASE OF THE SERVER CW BECAUSE METEO HAS ALMOST NOONE IN THERE, AND, AS WE ALL AGREED, IT WOULD INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF DUPED ITEMS IN AN ACTIVE SERVER WHICH IS NONSENSE AND MAKES MERGING NOT A GOOD CHOICE! IT WOULD BE BETTER TO JUST DELETE METEO IF THEY WANT TO LEAVE ONLY 1 SERVER IN EU. CW IS ALREADY ALIVE AND OK, WE DO NOT NEED +20 PLAYERS + HUNDREDS OF DUPED ITEMS THAT WEBZEN/GALA/WHATEVER DIDN'T FIX. --'

now stop using that excuse. I understand that for many servers that makes a lot of sense but for CW's Market would be a suicidal statement and that would obviously take away a lot (or all) new players that would try again after the merge since they won't be able to do shit in the server literally without spending a lot of money. It's already hard, we don't need to make it worse just because Meteo exists and some dupers preffer to play there than in another server. Just kill it and leave CW as main server without bringing in the problems from Meteo that rest unsolved and let it be.

• Meanysword
          Meanysword commented
          Editing a comment
          dam i play in meteo and your just gonna throw me to the wind i see how it is way to be an asshole UchihaRay

edit... also jewlery is the most heavily duped item in cw just so you know the majority of +20 sets are dupped and very few actual players can afford to make sets +20 when it costs 100-200 euro just to make a set in the first place(without upgrading)
          Last edited by Meanysword; 31-12-18, 09:28 AM.

Don't get too excited just yet, early 2019 for them means late may early june , and gala doesnt have what it takes to prove me wrong

Comment

Originally posted by Hyaton View Post
          Dupe is for sure a problem, yet it doesnt kill any servers, nor is it the reason why some servers are dead/less populated. The most active server, moco, has some considerable amount of dupe, as does every server. Hidden or not. Not too long ago, moco was dead and 1 guild sieged against themselves. There is no downside to having more people play together, its called MMO. I recommend merging as many servers together as possible. If it possible, even merge EU/US together, as both are english-speaking. I dont think people should oppose a merge because of the fear of getting outgeared. Yes some people with better gear will come. Then again some people with worse gear will come. I dont see any reason that makes sense, that would imply to leave any server unmerged. Especially for players, that dont siege, it would be really bad, if they still cant find partys to level, still cant find partners to farm, still have noone that buy low-level dropped items and so on.

I agree with the idea of raising the amount of guilds that can participate in siege. Especially regarding this, I'd like to see the fake-guild applications for gold chips only fixed, after a merge, cant afford to have many non-participating guilds apply for siege.
          Merging Clockworks and Meteonyker and other server is for maximizing resources.... it doesn't concern on dupe items... hopefully they will fixed issues regarding dupe items once and for all...

Comment

it was christmas, we all whished for that

Comment

Character deletion should be enabled before merge. I first created my desired IGN's in Mocomochi but decided to continue my adventures in Tanuki. I don't want to throw away my IGN so please, allow us to delete characters before merge.

Comment

I really like this thread as people can put their view on problems that might occur so many good stuff i read here....

An option for guild siege…

As someone mentioned due to merge some servers will have more guilds wanting to do siege….

It might be an idea to have semi finals (same time ofcourse so one can't play alts)

Scenario can be 9 teams.. in case of 9 teams however the previous week finalist should not be able to play against eachother… this to be sure a final is on a good level..

So an ex finalist plays against 2 daring teams... Always … and depending on the outcome the first of every semi final goes to the final

In case of 6 teams....numbers 1's of the semi go to the final and the best number 2....

Some small rewards for guilds who play semi finals…
                This system might encourage people to test out pvp…. which is good for the competition… also for economy, as pvp players use boosters and they will buy them

Anyway just a thought

Comment

And let's start this.

It is 2019, can we get the date of the first merge?

And also I agree that siege is gonna be laggy due to high population, I believe the number of participant teams shall be increased to 20 and also siege arena shall be reworked to become bigger and less buggy (as the current one bugs people for years but nobody solved the problem).

Comment

Working...
                  X