Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flyff Server Merge FAQ and Possible Date!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flyff Server Merge FAQ and Possible Date!

Dear Players,

Thank you for the incredible energy and contagious enthusiasm demonstrated while playing the new expansion. Turning Point Part 1 has been a huge success so far, and we are sure it will stay as such until the next major content update. On our side we will do our best to make sure updates will continue to be delivered on a constant basis.

As you know we also announced another big change together with the new expansion: Server Merges. Find below all you need to know about them in our preliminary FAQs. Please keep in mind that we might update this list, since testing is still in progress these points are subject to changes.

Q: When this is going to happen?
    A: As mentioned above, the final testing hasn’t been performed yet, but we are aiming to have it applied in 2016!

Q: What servers are merging?
    A: US servers Kargo and Yetti will merge into Lykan; unlike previous server merges, Lykan will keep its name. German server Hydros will be also merged into Murano; just like for US, also Murano will keep its name.

Q: I only have 3 character slots and more than 3 characters among these servers. How can I access all of them?
    A: Character slots will be expanded to host more of them, so you won’t lose any of your characters.

Q: What if 2 or more characters share the same name?
    A: The oldest character will keep the name. The Character Name Change UI window will pop up for all other characters with the same name.

Q: What if 2 or more guilds share the same name?
    A: Same process as for above. In case the Guild Master has been inactive for more than 1 month, Kingpins will be enabled to rename the guild.

Q: What happens with Guild Wars requests?
    A: Guild War requests won’t be transferred to the new server. You can contact the Customer Support to receive a reimbursement.

Q: Are you going to deactivate some of the features of the game before the merge?
    A: One week before the Server merge we are going to deactivate the following features:
    • Lord system
    • Medium Guild House
    Note: Medium Guild House system will be reset; however, all guild house owners will receive a compensation after the merge.

Q: What features will stay the same after the Server Merge?
    A: Anything not listed above will stay the same, including:

Character
    • Messenger Friends List
    • In-game mails
    • Mentor & Pupil system
    • Mentor & Pupil Level and EXP
    • Couple relationship
    • Couple Level & EXP
    • Achievements
    Items
    • Items, Bags, Bank
    • Soulbound / Level restrictions
    • Awakening
    • Upgrade, Elemental upgrade, Piercing
    • Time limited items, buffs (including Beads)
    • Room furniture already in use
    Guilds
    • Items and Penya in Guild storage
    Other
    • Hall of Fame & Ranking
    • Items in private shops
    • Buff pet names
    Kind Regards,
    Your Flyff Team

Hello Nazgul

US servers Kargo and Yetti (PK server) will merge into Lykan.
    Q. Do we have a PK channel in Lykan after the server merge ?

Comment

• Nazgul
      Nazgul commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello Pabo,

We cannot yet confirm this as a decision hasn't been made. I'll be sure to let you know as soon as I can though.

Regards,
      Nazgul

Hey, will perm-banned characters stay banned after the merge?

Comment

• PimpYetti
      PimpYetti commented
      Editing a comment
      ofcourse they will stay banned

How can I check if my name is the oldest? I don't want a name change for a character I've been playing since 2007, only to lose it to an inactive account from V3 that just happened to have it on a different server :')

Comment

Originally posted by HellzWaltz View Post
      How can I check if my name is the oldest? I don't want a name change for a character I've been playing since 2007, only to lose it to an inactive account from V3 that just happened to have it on a different server :')

Exactly this, I don't want to lose all of my names because the other servers existed before mine and those chars have been inactive since pre v7.
      Why not make it so that the first of the 2 that logs in gets to keep the name, and everyone after that has te rename?

Comment

• Scrooge
        Scrooge commented
        Editing a comment
        or at least be able to filter out the inactive like they say there going to do on renaming guilds and let kingpins rename if Guild Lead is inactive 1 month. in other words if a name has been inactive a real long time make them change there name. by making a similar rule that if a char has been inactive for say a year or so let the 1st 1 logged get the name.

also curious about my perm Guild furniture and if that's related to the compensation part it was talking about

Comment

keep a pk channel , but get rid of all the penalties and lvl range and absurd rules of it , make it so that you can just click on a person to attack just like how you attack any mob. I would love to fly around madrigal as my crackshooter and drop down and PK people.

Comment

• StormyMoon
          StormyMoon commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah let's remove the one thing that keeps people from getting killed because someone feels like hopping on their capped char and let them have zero repercussion for doing so. /s

• PimpYetti
          PimpYetti commented
          Editing a comment
          @StormyMoon
          If you have any experience on a pk server you can easily PK 100s and 100s of people with little to none set backs

• StormyMoon
          StormyMoon commented
          Editing a comment
          @Pimp Late reply cause I didn't check this, also was being sarcastic as I clearly made it obvious.

Also of course I have experience on Demian because that's been my main server since 2009/2010 or so

I hope that merging Yetti with non-PK servers will not cause any headaches like the attempt at universal PK did. Maybe go back to having one PK channel in each server like the good old days.

Comment

When you guys do the merge I would suggest to put to 1 or 2pk channels, but keep it 2x exp and maybe add a drop rate bonus possibly.
          This way players will have an incentive to go to the pk channels, to lvl up/ loot up. So they can risk getting PK'd but this way it will make it fun for
          players who originally restarted on Yetti(Damien) for the PK shenanigans, when PK was originally removed in the other channels.

Comment

Why are achievements listed as a bullet point?
            When has anyone in the past 2 years said to themselves, "I can't wait to do all the FlyFF achievements!"

Comment

• Tense
              Tense commented
              Editing a comment
              Achievements have been going on for along time.. They mean like the titles you have acquired i.e "Jump Master, Mammoth Hunter, Lollipop addict" etc

• XgamerXgodX
              XgamerXgodX commented
              Editing a comment
              Maybe I play too much games, but maybe the achievements system needs to be renamed to something like Titles, you know something more straightforward and understandable.

• Tense
              Tense commented
              Editing a comment
              Yes I can see the confusion. But before when you unlocked the titles, you would receive and achievement, in turn that would unlock you some Pchips, which you could spend for nice ingame items via the achievement shop that still hasn't been brought back since webzen took over flyff.

Originally posted by Tense View Post
            When you guys do the merge I would suggest to put to 1 or 2pk channels, but keep it 2x exp and maybe add a drop rate bonus possibly.
            This way players will have an incentive to go to the pk channels, to lvl up/ loot up. So they can risk getting PK'd but this way it will make it fun for
            players who originally restarted on Yetti(Damien) for the PK shenanigans, when PK was originally removed in the other channels.
            yeah thats right , give them incentive to play there , i forgot about that. Even though i never played in pk channel i think it could be cool to have , it would probably be like a massive arena , would be very interesting to see people and guilds fighting over lvling spots for the 2x exp

Comment

Errr,

Am I the only one who thinks that PK is a crap? :\ I mean, I see so many people talking here regarding the PK servers but yet no one really does PK lmao. I always play/farm in S3 on Clockworks - which is a PK server aswell, but I only do it because is the most empty server of all, I think I saw like 2 or 3 people that actually did PK and had their name red.
              Yeah this is about the US servers, but seriously guys, there are MUCH MORE IMPORTANT things than a damn PK server on US servers; think about it...

Flavi, Kargo.

Comment

• PimpYetti
                PimpYetti commented
                Editing a comment
                If they make all channels PK after merge ill be sure to come back to pk lots of people :^)

• Moribito
                Moribito commented
                Editing a comment
                No, I think its crap too, I mean PK doesn't do anything for either sides and its just a way to harass other players by keeping them from farming or leveling and the only people that can get any fun out of that must suck at pvp so bad in the game that they gotta find lower levels or less equipped players in order to get any victory sense for pvp. Don't get me wrong I think PK is a nice feature for games but in this game its just crap.

• Flyff432
                Flyff432 commented
                Editing a comment
                Personally, i think PK is ptless cuz it all comes down to who spent the most to get the best gears. U could b the best PK, given all players have the same chance at all equipment excluding CS items, yet still lose easily cuz someone jst has higher statted equips they paid for. A true respectable PK setup would have everyone play on lvl fields, which is pretty much impossible to do since the company needs to make money by selling CS items and providing custom awakes to pay for the cost of electricity, equipment, and salaries.

I doubt they will make all channels a pk besides you guys do realize what the term merge is right. they told us that Kargo and Yetti will merge into Lykan. that generally would mean that Lykan doesn't change and we simply get added to that channel. though they could tweak that if they wanted.

about the last channel being pk if they did do that. you guys are all talking about the hundreds you would be killing there. I was here before they split the pk off onto it's own separate channel and simply put there was no one on the pk channel or last server (the last server was like a ghost town) before the split. though as some of you are saying is to make it 2x on that pk channel or last channel but I to be honest I don't see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrooge View Post
                I doubt they will make all channels a pk besides you guys do realize what the term merge is right. they told us that Kargo and Yetti will merge into Lykan. that generally would mean that Lykan doesn't change and we simply get added to that channel. though they could tweak that if they wanted.

about the last channel being pk if they did do that. you guys are all talking about the hundreds you would be killing there. I was here before they split the pk off onto it's own separate channel and simply put there was no one on the pk channel or last server (the last server was like a ghost town) before the split. though as some of you are saying is to make it 2x on that pk channel or last channel but I to be honest I don't see that happening.

Honestly my suggestion is probably the best. Why would they remove PK, when its such a fun part of the game? And PK was never a ghost town before.. People would go around PKing pre v9 before when it was one channel in the server.
                The old PK system with the jail (and seperate PK channel), people would PK like crazy and people would hunt the PKers for the
                "Good karma"(your name would change to green/lightblue, and youd get a better drop rate). When they implemented the v9 PK system thats when everyone was complaining because it was a cross channel PK system.(And most people liked the old karma system better, when you would get rewarded for hunting PK players). Im sure a ton of players would be upset if there was no PK system at all. Seeing how a ton of people restarted on Yetti from Mia, Mushpoi etc.. It would really upset some players and would result in losing most of Yetti server players. I know personally I would really be bummed if I can't have fun PKing people/Body gaurding noobs.

Comment

• Scrooge
                  Scrooge commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Kargo and Yetti being merged into Lykan with Lykan not changing its name to me means
                  that Lykan is staying the same with us being moved there simple as that

as far as the the 4th channel being a ghost town you could be correct I wasn't thinking that I was only on the Mia cluster and there the 4th channel never had anyone there as far as other clusters they could of had people.

as far as the jail island I frankly hated to see that go away that was a cool feature the color names were awesome

as far as your suggestion I think its a good idea to have 4th channel be a pk channel and have 2x on it but gl in trying to convince WEBZEN of that lol

as far as having all channels pk I think that would be a little unfair to Kargo and Lykan who chose not to play on a pk cluster
                  you know I play on Yetti too and liked it but I think we need to face the fact that having them all changed to a pk cluster probably isn't gonna happen. I think the best we can hope for is seeing if they can go back to having 1 channel be a pk channel again.

No Demian+Tanuki FeelsBadMan
                Gale - BowHarlequin - Demian || Gale - Jester | Fermi - Billposter - Tanuki

Comment

Working...
                X