Viking Feedback + bug list and suggestions for PvP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viking Feedback + bug list and suggestions for PvP

Alright guys, been playing Viking since release, and I have learned a decent amount of things about the class thus far. The class is pretty fun honestly, I enjoy it, but from what I can tell it has a few bugs and could use some slight changes to make it a more balanced class, as of right now I'd say it is a little weak. I won't speak about damage output as of right now, gear isn't good enough to decide that nor am I lvl 67 so my damage will change a lot in the future plus pres and stuff so Ill save that topic for a different time.

BUGS:
    It's a new class, so bugs are expected...things that I have came across so far,
    -Evasive dash used with "W" key, aka forward motion, leaves you stuck in one spot instead of dashing at all.
    -When using head cracker "SHIFT + E" you can't combo into press kick afterwards
    -Hit boxes on certain skills seem kinda derpy
    - A lot of skills that juggle opponent end up letting them get up attack in the middle of them, making it very hard to hold a combo on this class
    - Frost stigma does not apply to downed targets when using Frost Bash I, it only works on standing targets
    - Bash III does not freeze opponents in pvp while in frost stigma
    SUGGESTIONS FOR BALANCE:

-Tactical Retreat : This skill has the word retreat in its name and it doesn't have a frame? it's also somewhat slow motion and leaves you very open to be countered, I suggest giving this skill an iframe( not sa or ssa because the class has plenty and has very few and low reliablity frames) and also lower the cooldown to 15 seconds in pvp.

-Weapon Break: This skill is a great skill, BUT the cooldown for it is HUGE in PvP and it is a very necessary skill to have in order to make use of your dash Boreas. I suggest lowering the cooldown to 15 seconds in PvP and cutting the Debuff in half to balance it out some.

-Boreas: I would love to see a skill that you can cancel with mid boreas other than Weapon Break, my suggest is allowing a grab like shadow dash

- Charge Attack: Why is the only skill that u can combine while using charge attack, another skill that has a charge of it's own? I suggest giving this class a skill that you can use while charging with charge attack other than Deadly Strike

- Furious Shout: Increase the iframe duration on this skill

- Frost Skin: This skill needs to be disabled in PvP, good god will you guys listen to us? SA buffs and crap like that is NOT meant for the arena

- Fatal Swing: Remove locked camera please, so I can actually use fast and furious after this skill easier and more fluently

- Fake Motion(Q): When I back pedal block, it leaves me stuck in this skill, can't you make it like any other block?

That's all I have for now, feel free to let me know what you guys think, also I am not suggesting to implement ALL these ideas, just some of them to balance the class out and make it better in PvP

• Stonedpimp
    replied
    i fine with removing all stars from pvp they unfair anyhow. but why they @ it give viking more SA frames and make it so if i hit u in the face why ur trying to grab me 10 feet away u get hit instead of grabing threw the sword stuck in ur face.

Leave a comment:

• Stonedpimp
    replied
    ok found a major fail by trollzen all the epics do more damage than the master weapons
    the 43 does same daamage as 60 master.
    the 57 does more then 60 master.
    63 epic does more damage than the 65 master.
    if u look @ all other classes its not like this.

Leave a comment:

• KingNaSty
    replied
    Lol did you not read the comments or anything? It's obvious that super armor buffs need disabled in pvp for all classes, I'm assuming you're new, especially since you're taking up for this buff haha, anyways, I don't have too many problems with it in pve with bad gears, this topic is about pvp though...read some before posting please

Leave a comment:

• Crazyc9fan
    replied
    and have u tried PVE with viking.. this class really lacks damage in pve...... it needs some kind of booster.... or wait it has to be only pvp oriented? and can hrdly make through dungeons?

Leave a comment:

• Crazyc9fan
    replied
    FROST SKIN Disabled? u kiding me? in ARENA it lasts O N LY 10 seconds.... what about guardian super armor? so guadian reaper.. or whatevcer clases may eep their super armor booster skils.. and viking no? that part of ur sugesion is ribbish

Leave a comment:

• KingNaSty
    replied
    I found another bug while I was messing around with a guildie, I guess you can rising attack after you have been grabbed in Head Cracker lol, the amount of bugs on this class is crazy

Leave a comment:

• Stonedpimp
    replied
    u said all there is to say fix this handicapped class its funn but not funn being stuck in every AOE ability every class get cuzz u only have 1 eva

Leave a comment:

• KingNaSty
    replied
    So any more thoughts on the class? Curious to know what others think

Leave a comment:

• WilkyWay
    commented on 's reply
    Depending on the amount of gear of the enemy, it's just like any other fighter. If the guy has 25% pres and only p-rare stuff, it's doable, however, mp consumption is real.

Certain people are unkillable for me in a 4 minute match.

• BlackSwdMan
    commented on 's reply
    hmm seems like you didn't care to read my message, i mentioned same problem about head cracker chain to Deadly strike.
    @sky111 : yes they have the same problem but i don't think they gonna fix zerk. All they do is nerf zerk many times ever since released, not 1 single pvp buff except the pve counter attack buff for all classes.

• Sky111
    commented on 's reply
    If u say rising attack berserker have the same problem for combo since ever, so I hope they fix both

• KingNaSty
    replied
    So I just did a bunch of testing with a guildie for combo possibilities and it seems that a lot of combos that should work, end up letting your opponent use get up attack (for example, head cracker > deadly strike : the opponent can use get up attack) Hopefully if they do anything, they will atleast smooth the combos some, as of right now they are really bad

Leave a comment:

• [VLT]ChaoticBlue
    commented on 's reply
    Dont forget about Vice sword, silence , crossblitz and valkyria 2nd evasive.

• KingNaSty
    replied
    Any 65+ vikings seen what kinda damage output they have in high level pvp?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X