X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aphonia
    started a topic Unique Suggestion

Unique Suggestion

I was thinking about how most of the 63 uniques had useless options such as "summon x when hit". Imo, uniques should be better than master grade weapons in terms of power, but have drawbacks that overall balance the item. Here are some ideas that I thought about:

Longsword (Blademaster only):
    Weapon attack: A bit better than Rentus p-rare
    No base stats
    +5% accuracy
    +5% evasion
    On successful block with target guard, 50% chance to gain 50% crit damage buff for 4 seconds
    On successful block with target guard, 30% chance to gain 15% physical attack for 4 seconds
    On failed bock with target guard, 50% chance to lose 15% physical/magical defense for 4 seconds

Dagger (Shadows/assassins)
    +90 Str
    -50 Hth
    +3% attack speed
    +3% accuracy
    On successful hit with Skyfall kick/Deceptive cutter, decrease enemy physical defense by 1000 (applied on first hit only, lasts until end of round, stackable)
    On use of Skyfall kick/Deceptive cutter, decrease physical attack by 15% for 4 seconds

Bow (Rangers)
    +120 str
    +15% crit chance
    -5% accuracy
    All bow skills lose 15% damage, but ignores combo decay (damage reduction on replay shot is still applied)

Think they are all pretty balanced, each with its strong points and drawbacks.

On a side note, I wish webzen made a system that lets us upgrade the stats(and buff/debuffs) of 43, 50 uniques to be similar to the 57 uniques. There are so much variety in the 43/50 uniques such as poison ivy, viper executioner, mallet, blue destiny, etc that cannot be used at max level pvp due to their low attack. Maybe let the upgrading require pvp tokens as well as pve tokens (that are bound) to get more people into arena?

• Frank22
    commented on 's reply
    D: seeing mtao and mystic on yt turns me off from pvp and now it's even worst with V set and 63 uniques..

• [VLT]ChaoticBlue
    commented on 's reply
    I know that 63 scythe is bad and its like this for nearly all classes also im not some random so im aware of how ever unique is in c9 both in pvp and pve. Webzen devs have simply 0 idea of how uniques should be and they clearly show us it with their stats design because lets put it bluntly Curse Blade for witchblade is broken as fak and any lvl 63 unique look silly compared to it.
    Same is with both pvp and pve class balance our devs show here how smart they are.

• Frank22
    commented on 's reply
    You probably didn't check the actual weapon. It's weaker than 63 rare scythe (even 42, 50 and 57 unique) and it applies an insane DOT on yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-fHsixODtc

• [VLT]ChaoticBlue
    replied
    Originally posted by Aphonia View Post
    I was thinking about how most of the 63 uniques had useless options such as "summon x when hit". Imo, uniques should be better than master grade weapons in terms of power, but have drawbacks that overall balance the item. Here are some ideas that I thought about:

No base stats
    +5% accuracy
    +5% evasion
    On successful block with target guard, 50% chance to gain 50% crit damage buff for 4 seconds
    On successful block with target guard, 30% chance to gain 15% physical attack for 4 seconds
    On failed bock with target guard, 50% chance to lose 15% physical/magical defense for 4 seconds

Dagger (Shadows/assassins)
    +90 Str
    -50 Hth
    +3% attack speed
    +3% accuracy
    On successful hit with Skyfall kick/Deceptive cutter, decrease enemy physical defense by 1000 (applied on first hit only, lasts until end of round, stackable)
    On use of Skyfall kick/Deceptive cutter, decrease physical attack by 15% for 4 seconds

Bow (Rangers)
    +120 str
    +15% crit chance
    -5% accuracy
    All bow skills lose 15% damage, but ignores combo decay (damage reduction on replay shot is still applied)

Think they are all pretty balanced, each with its strong points and drawbacks.

On a side note, I wish webzen made a system that lets us upgrade the stats(and buff/debuffs) of 43, 50 uniques to be similar to the 57 uniques. There are so much variety in the 43/50 uniques such as poison ivy, viper executioner, mallet, blue destiny, etc that cannot be used at max level pvp due to their low attack. Maybe let the upgrading require pvp tokens as well as pve tokens (that are bound) to get more people into arena?
    -On failed bock with target guard, 50% chance to lose 15% physical/magical defense for 4 seconds
    This option would be hard to apply and tbh it isnt really useful from opponents point of view so it can be simply removed from this sword.
    Both Zeno and Hellflare are way better anyway.

Dagger (Shadows/assassins):
    -Dragontooth, DoD, AWL all 3 of them got definitely higher dmg then this one even if you proc 1k def down its still worse also it give -50 hth so a big No.

Bow (Rangers):
    -This one is absolutely broken and its pretty much same retarded as curse blade (which is ridiculously broken) if not more

As for token system it isnt bad idea but you did chose wrong approach because if we let people upgrade uniques with tokens it will make OP geared players (like me) even more alienated from pvp community and only depress other players even more (p.s we dont use most of 42/50 uniques only because they are bad in their unique effects not because of low atk).
    But those tokens could be used to buy 7/15/30 days uniques, 7/14/30 days 34 int/hth 8.4 pres rings/bracelets.
    Next good approach would be to make uniques for tokens (as above) and player resist accessories permanent but only usable on arena so everyone can get those items from arena shop manager making arena pvp more fun?/ less frustrating? for them.

Leave a comment:

• [VLT]ChaoticBlue
    commented on 's reply

• [VLT]ChaoticBlue
    commented on 's reply
    DoD is way better.

• [VLT]ChaoticBlue
    commented on 's reply
    Your idea sounds interesting but it would make arena too complicated and people who got money (like me) will have best options in weapon while "normal players" will be left behind even more because such stones would end up being really expensive.

• Frank22
    replied
    Blood Scythe of the Queen
    Weapon Atk: A bit better than raebin p-rare scythe
    Str: 150-175
    The reaping lvl 1
    Cooldowns: -3%
    Physical Attack ^20%
    Attack speed 10%
    INT: -200

Leave a comment:

• Seraphiel
    replied
    And you might not get what you want because you will still have to find it/buy it from other players. I would actually suggest to re-define unique weapons to something different.

-Unique weapons can be acquired by anyone but they should initially act as a vessel (no stats; only inflict base damage)
    -Have a fixed number of slots e.g 5-10-15 slots for stats (varies according to the level of unique weapon vessel), spellstones and elemental gems.
    -You can fill those slots with unique spellstones that can be acquired from dungeons, pvp, you name it.
    -Unique spellstones have random in-game stats and they are unbound (the reason would be because you might get a unique spellstone for a class that you don't have; and no, they are not useable for non-unique weapons)
    -The drop rate of those unique spellstones should be somehow similar to the drop rate of epic equipment because they have random stats (over +1000 options)
    -Extracting unique spellstones safely will require using cash, otherwise, you'll risk your unique weapon to be broken. But you can replace any spellstone attached to the unique weapons.

(I know this sounds more like a legendary weapon from description, but I'd really love to see a fully customizeable weapon)

Leave a comment:

• BomberScout
    replied
    Dagger (Str Scout)
    Weapon Attack: Same as p-rare lvl 65 dagger
    +100 str
    - 50 hth/int
    +1 lvl blast ring
    +2 lvls Bursting touch
    5% Chance to get additional 100 bleeding from physical attacks
    +2% Movement Speed

Webzen headquarters be like:
    "But wait... Taking these suggestions into consideration takes too much effort and time." "Lets just make a new platinum chest!"
    "Absolutely fantastic idea!"

Leave a comment:

Working...
X