Suggestion > to Reduce Gold Bots/Spammers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion > to Reduce Gold Bots/Spammers

We know that gold bots have great impact on overall performance of the game as well as prices inflation. Besides, they also waste moderators time as they have to deal with a great number of bots instead of directing their attention to the game itself . Free to Play games always suffer from this issue, and the solution for this is to limit gold bots access in order to reduce/eliminate them.

My suggestion may not be welcomed by many, but taking the advantages into consideration, I believe it will make a noticeable improvement in the game from limiting the number of gold bots (That's pretty long introduction). I believe the game should go from Free to Play to Buy to Play with no trial. The reason why I think this can help limiting/eliminating gold bots is because they will have to pay to access the game and that will deter them from doing so.

However, I wouldn't like to have this game go to Buy to Play model unless there is some sort of reward for buying the game. Anyone who creates an account has to buy the game but also has to get a Starter Package that is somehow equal to the price of this game. The rewards should be bound to account/character.

An example of Starter Package content could be:
    • Eye of Storm Soul Set
    • Costume
    • Skill Reset Scroll
    But I'd also recommend making different packages and values; the higher the value, the better the content. The cost of buying this game should be between 20$-40$. Again, the cost should reflect the content of the starter package.

I mentioned something about no trial version. The reason why I think it should not be added is because there is a high chance that gold sellers will create infinite number of accounts and make use of them before the trial version is over. But we could at least allow players to try the game in a separate server made only for trial and with very less features e.g. instant lvl 40 char (cannot be leveled up beyond that); no gold drop; the server is only made to test the game with one character only; no trade or trading office. All in all, it will be only made to test the gameplay before a player decides to play the original game.

I know there are many people who would disagree with me but I'd like to hear better ideas/suggestions that can help controlling gold bots/spammers.

u know your idea will not be successful., even if they implement it., it will surely decrease or remove all bots, and also will cut down about 70% of players most of it are new to game or doesnt have much wealth in it.,
    and the only mainstayers will become rich people in game and irl. so im sure webzen wont do anything that will cause the game to shut down because of lack of users..

maybe the fastest and effective way is,., have a GM or VL walk around and find bots, [they ussually at vimp ch3 or waterford., take a screen shot/ or list down names of the bot he suspect/. theyre names dont make sense[u can ussually tell if that is abot or not]
    then have them ban the characters and trace their account.. then if all characters in that account have the same format of names[bot-ish name] then ban the account or delete it.,
    i think it will be 50% effective, till bots change their namestyle.

another is email verification, if im correct u can play the game even if u dont verify ur email.? well if im wrong then its good.

slowing them down:
    put captcha on character creation, account creation and on log in of characters - it wont stop bots, but it will slow them down.. and this wont have much effect on real players cuz it will shouldnt take a minute or two, and it is only the start of game.,
    maybe this have many holes in it., but a good start..

Comment

• Mikhail
      Mikhail commented
      Editing a comment
      Just want to tell you that the game should be Buy to Play (1 time payment; no monthly subscription - Similar to Guild Wars 2 which also gives a Starter Package for purchasing the game), and this will not affect the existing community; only new players will have to buy the game. Also I mentioned that we need to re-direct moderators attention to improve the game rather than being bothered by removing bots every second.

Many ppl wouldn't buy c9 due to the incoming mmorpgs in this year.. many of them will be f2p too. If webzen make it to b2p then new players will go for new mmorpgs- means: webzen will loose not only new players, but prbl new paying players too.
    . . .

Comment

Yeah. It's actually too late for webzen to adopt this idea as a measure to prevent gold bots. The reason is just what Henol mentioned earlier. It would somehow work if Webzen did that long before C9 was first launched. For now, they'll have to deal with this issue manually for the rest of C9 lifespan. Although I suggested to disable player to player trade, and make in-game items with fixed prices, it would still take the fun of freedom to trade goods and gold.

╔═..══════╗
      Game Guide
      ╚══════..═╝

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhail View Post
        We know that gold bots have great impact on overall performance of the game as well as prices inflation. Besides, they also waste moderators time as they have to deal with a great number of bots instead of directing their attention to the game itself . Free to Play games always suffer from this issue, and the solution for this is to limit gold bots access in order to reduce/eliminate them.

My suggestion may not be welcomed by many, but taking the advantages into consideration, I believe it will make a noticeable improvement in the game from limiting the number of gold bots (That's pretty long introduction). I believe the game should go from Free to Play to Buy to Play with no trial. The reason why I think this can help limiting/eliminating gold bots is because they will have to pay to access the game and that will deter them from doing so.

However, I wouldn't like to have this game go to Buy to Play model unless there is some sort of reward for buying the game. Anyone who creates an account has to buy the game but also has to get a Starter Package that is somehow equal to the price of this game. The rewards should be bound to account/character.

An example of Starter Package content could be:
        • Eye of Storm Soul Set
        • Costume
        • Skill Reset Scroll
        But I'd also recommend making different packages and values; the higher the value, the better the content. The cost of buying this game should be between 20$-40$. Again, the cost should reflect the content of the starter package.

I mentioned something about no trial version. The reason why I think it should not be added is because there is a high chance that gold sellers will create infinite number of accounts and make use of them before the trial version is over. But we could at least allow players to try the game in a separate server made only for trial and with very less features e.g. instant lvl 40 char (cannot be leveled up beyond that); no gold drop; the server is only made to test the game with one character only; no trade or trading office. All in all, it will be only made to test the gameplay before a player decides to play the original game.

I know there are many people who would disagree with me but I'd like to hear better ideas/suggestions that can help controlling gold bots/spammers.
        i guess you must be new and haven't played this game long or haven't been active ive been playing this game for 3-4years now and what your suggesting would affect all persons who already spent money on w coins and have invested in their characters as previous persons have said i'll re-enforce and tell you it cant work no matter how you slice that idea however the effective way of killing bots would be Ip bans i don't believe people running the bots would pay enough attention to mirror off of ip's so that's the best most effective way

Comment

Gold farmers have as many ip's as they need for their business, you will ban half of the world and they will still be there.
          Though there is a quite simple solution that could if not solve, but at least help the situation. We all know that bots can only farm the first 3 continents for a quite obvious reason, this is why all the top-level bots (around lv57) can be seen in Runnersville, not in Vimpeli because they cannot go to Okapia. The solution itself would suggest creating new quests that occasionally block characters from advancing through stages until completed or adding such condition to already existing EPIC quests. They should not be many, at most 2-3 per continent. The best would be to add new quests that involve doing such things as activating triggers like talking some npcs inside stages or even mini-games, with minimum killing, because we know that the only thing those bots are good at is killing and looting stuff, they cannot do quests, and those quests should be easy to complete manually and very hard to be automated (for example go try to automate Pit of pain solo quest). This will take too much time and effort to do all quests by hand to let bots farm further and to be banned by GMs a couple days later.
          Feel free to discuss.

Comment

It is a good idea, but it wont happen, i beleive there are better ways to do this, it can still be free to play( maybe a credit card validation could help so you cna only register if you own a credit card) but since the game is +12 most of the kids dont own a credit card and that would make the game less accessable, even more if its pay to play, then the game is just dead, istantly, C9 is not the only game that has the gold bot problems, but nearly every other free to play online game has it, we are trying to fight them off in other ways, GM's are coming up with bot detectors that detect the bots and prevent them from accessing the dungeons and later permanently blocks them, i personally hunt the bots in game ( spamming bots and farming ones) and the GM's do the blocking, but it seems as they are having infinite access to infinite IP's and they have enough resources to create more and more, tho we do make an serious impact on the gold selling sites to keep things in balance, hopefully we will eventually finda permanent solotion to this issue.

in meanwhile enjoy C9 and have a nice day !
            ~[VLT]WolfBow

Comment

• Terasu
              Terasu commented
              Editing a comment
              And in the meanwhile nothing has ever been done to address the demand side of the equation aka reducing the incentive to buy gold in the first place. Had the Bot Detector been added before the big bot explosion (before Raebin came out and no one who had characters logged out in Waterford could log in) things might not have been so bad. Now, however the game's accessibility threshold for new players is high to the point of having a credit card to either buy gold or buy wcoin is becoming compulsory unless you have a great deal of time on your hands or generous guildmates willing to help. It's a shame because C9 still has the best combat system out there for the time being.

Originally posted by Sequestor View Post
            Gold farmers have as many ip's as they need for their business, you will ban half of the world and they will still be there.
            Though there is a quite simple solution that could if not solve, but at least help the situation. We all know that bots can only farm the first 3 continents for a quite obvious reason, this is why all the top-level bots (around lv57) can be seen in Runnersville, not in Vimpeli because they cannot go to Okapia. The solution itself would suggest creating new quests that occasionally block characters from advancing through stages until completed or adding such condition to already existing EPIC quests. They should not be many, at most 2-3 per continent. The best would be to add new quests that involve doing such things as activating triggers like talking some npcs inside stages or even mini-games, with minimum killing, because we know that the only thing those bots are good at is killing and looting stuff, they cannot do quests, and those quests should be easy to complete manually and very hard to be automated (for example go try to automate Pit of pain solo quest). This will take too much time and effort to do all quests by hand to let bots farm further and to be banned by GMs a couple days later.
            Feel free to discuss.

This is actually a nice idea. Reworking dungeons to have random elements that players should trigger them in order to proceed could somehow reduce bots growth. But it will require from Webzen to do that on every dungeon. Gold bots tend to choose one dungeon that is easy for them, so multiple random triggers and puzzles need to be added in every dungeon.

Comment

Originally posted by Henol View Post
              Many ppl wouldn't buy c9 due to the incoming mmorpgs in this year.. many of them will be f2p too. If webzen make it to b2p then new players will go for new mmorpgs- means: webzen will loose not only new players, but prbl new paying players too.

You are right about this. Webzen actually failed to market this game, no many people started to leave for other games like many of my friends did. Webzen expect to do this job for it and that will surely won't do it any good.

Comment

Working...
              X