[Suggestion] Companion System

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suggestion] Companion System

I got inspired by this idea when I was playing a game called Skyrim. It's not an MMO game but I liked the idea of having a companion that you can customize its options and give it some commands. It's not usual in MMO games but that would be an awesome addition to have in C9. This feature will encourage players to make use of their alts that will also be reflected positively as result of investing on them. And this will be helpful when trying to level up weak classes that perform poorly in PVE. Also, there are situations where players cannot find help and feel frustrated; hence, this suggestion can mitigate their experience in this game. Here's my thoughts on how this system can be implemented. Your ideas are also welcome.

1- The companion should be one of your characters in your account

2- It should be at the same level or higher than the one controlled by the player

3- It's AI controlled but the player can give simple commands that can be assigned on keyboard i.e.
    -Attack aggressively (the companion attack mobs without mercy; usually not defensive; useful for fast runs)
    -Attack with caution (balanced mode in which the companion attack, defend, dodge according the situation involved; useful in difficult dungeons)
    - Defensive (the companion tries to defend itself and dodge attacks without attacking back; useful when planning on executing a concentrated attack i.e. against Dimensional Fissure bosses)

4- The companion can also resurrect, buff and heal the player using shortcuts. Likewise, it can be resurrected and healed.

5- The companion cannot loot items but can use its pet to do so. (This will encourage players to buy pets for their alts as well)

6- Only one companion can be used in a party.

╔═..══════╗
    Game Guide
    ╚══════..═╝

Just look at AI pet of NS and you know that this is a bad idea. Imagine an erta being my companion, I may have to ressurect her more than I do to myself )

Comment

Compare aggressiveness of mobs in Goblin forest and Nightmare mode in Raebin. Devs can adjust AI of any NPCs in the game. And also the companion is not an alternative to party. Otherwise, I'd have suggested to use 3 companions rather than 1.

╔═..══════╗
      Game Guide
      ╚══════..═╝

Comment

I like the idea actually.. companion + pet == exciting and fun to run and will not feel alone all the time

But a certain restriction should be put in place like so will not be abused.
        - can only be used for limited time (have Stamina)
        - cannot use when intrududing
        - cannot use when in a party

Also, imagine a PVP arena that you can coop fight.. like 2x2, choosing freely a companion from your account to join in oh boy, that will awesome.. and chaotic I guess :P

Originally posted by Halo291092 View Post
        Just look at AI pet of NS and you know that this is a bad idea. Imagine an erta being my companion, I may have to resurrect her more than I do to myself )
        Simple solution to that.. ===> no resurection command needed.. a timer to resu when companion dies.. example.. will resu after a 60 sec

Comment

It's a good idea to have a companion, especially these days when parties are so hard to find and some classes are having more difficulties than others to PvE. However, here are some problems :
          1/ As Halo said "look at NS pet", their AI literally is short for Artificial Idiot, it is very unlikely that the current developers will look into creating the AI as complex as you suggested.
          2/ I think the game should encourage more partying, not soloing. And "The companion should be one of your characters in your account"? Yep, Forever alone legend earned.
          3/ It is obvious that if you are melee class, you will choose a high-dmg range class as your companion, as well as if you are a range class, it'd be certainly that guardian will be your choice. So technically your idea only motivate people to train a few more "necessary" OP chars to boost other chars at will.

Comment

Originally posted by Axorc View Post
            It's a good idea to have a companion, especially these days when parties are so hard to find and some classes are having more difficulties than others to PvE. However, here are some problems :
            1/ As Halo said "look at NS pet", their AI literally is short for Artificial Idiot, it is very unlikely that the current developers will look into creating the AI as complex as you suggested.
            2/ I think the game should encourage more partying, not soloing. And "The companion should be one of your characters in your account"? Yep, Forever alone legend earned.
            3/ It is obvious that if you are melee class, you will choose a high-dmg range class as your companion, as well as if you are a range class, it'd be certainly that guardian will be your choice. So technically your idea only motivate people to train a few more "necessary" OP chars to boost other chars at will.

1- That's true but the idea is to make use of other alts in case of i.e. you want a faster run. You won't rely mostly on your companion; due to its..well..AI. But I did mention that some actions like aggressiveness is adjustable, and that's more noticeable with mobs in difficult dungeons when you compare them to mobs in easy dungeons. Yet, that won't make your companion better than you because you'll still need to use your judgement and timing.

2- Even with that AI (Artificial Idiocy), I don't think you'll be able to duo the latest dungeons; hence, I suggested to allow adding a companion to a party, but only one companion per party. I'm not suggesting to make it as a replacement to party. I'm sure there are many people who have like 2-12 playable characters (not mules). Those players will feel that they have wasted their time leveling up those characters and that they can't find time to really play those classes. And yes, the companion has to gain EXP as well.

3- Again, companion is still an optional feature. You can use it whenever you like. It's up to you if you want to use guardian or other OP classes. After all, all you need to think about is to have more fun with that feature and that's the main reason for suggesting this idea.

╔═..══════╗
            Game Guide
            ╚══════..═╝

Comment

• Axorc
              Axorc commented
              Editing a comment
              I see. It does seem to be a good and fresh idea, if it works as expected, to make use of your chars. However, you might want to start with simpler suggestions, because the suggestion of this complexity would take forever (for the current devs) to apply successfully.
              Well, if this idea is taken, we'll probably have companions for C9 (as in the 9th continent). I, myself, am one of those who don't have enough time to play all the trained chars anyway :P
          Working...
          X