Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just some thoughts on C9

C9 is not immersive enough...

I tend to skip most of the game cutscenes. I don't even bother about following the story because of lack of voice acting and interactive scenes. It's somehow more like reading children colored book rather than i.e. watching an epic movie or playing an interactive game where a player can make different decisions that have some impact on the game. I'm not sure if there are side quests that say more about the original story.The game mostly focuses on beating mobs rather than exploring the plot. It's also funny that we witness Fortz, John and Pico death several times as we try out different classes. The game has many elements of repetition that bore their players. Unfortunately, this is the case with many MMORPGs and not only in C9...

╔═..══════╗
    Game Guide
    ╚══════..═╝

The community is already immersive enough.

Comment

• Seraphiel
      Seraphiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, I'm generally pointing to how the story is told to the community. The community surely make the game immersive but on a different level.

Story is the last issue to worry about. Who needs story when game needs a tons of improvements... And the second thing: this is mmo game. Show me mmo with great amount of videos with story line.

Comment

Originally posted by Seraphiel View Post
      C9 is not immersive enough...

I tend to skip most of the game cutscenes. I don't even bother about following the story because of lack of voice acting and interactive scenes. It's somehow more like reading children colored book rather than i.e. watching an epic movie or playing an interactive game where a player can make different decisions that have some impact on the game. I'm not sure if there are side quests that say more about the original story.The game mostly focuses on beating mobs rather than exploring the plot. It's also funny that we witness Fortz, John and Pico death several times as we try out different classes. The game has many elements of repetition that bore their players. Unfortunately, this is the case with many MMORPGs and not only in C9...
      Welcome to the world of Asian MMORPGs...

JarlBorg, not really. Todays MMOs are not sentimental because they are NOT MMORPG, but MMOSG (Massive Multiplayer Online Solo Grinder). So they are more like a single player game for zombie, that require internet connection to play. Game should revolve around the story, background of the world, playing the role of the character you created and its interactivity. If you cannot play your role in-game then I think that you are missing the whole point of MMORPG genre - which is the fault of developers, of course!
      Of course bugs are an issue here, but I think that fixing them won't solve anything, tbh.

And about your question: Blade & Soul.

Comment

When I add some feedback and suggestions, it's not about ignoring other issues. I already made feedback on several issues before and this one is an addition to the previous ones. I like C9, and I want it to be a perfect game that can stand out in a crowd. Even if an interactive feature is unusual in MMO, it's still implementable. The concept of immersion should evolve instead of reusing the same elements as in other MMO games. MMORPGs is not necessarily about killing mobs or PVPing as I mentioned earlier, it's like you immerse yourself in the game as if you are in a real world. This is just my opinion and I know others have different opinions than mine.

╔═..══════╗
        Game Guide
        ╚══════..═╝

Comment

• ToePick
          ToePick commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm always looking for something like that when choosing, playing or testing games.. something that will move your feelings and feels like you are in the game it self.. this MMO thing is just a term.. for me, should be more on RPG concept.. role playing game.. as the words itself.. you are playing a role in a game and should be having fun with it =)

Actually, I remember getting involved in the story.. in the earlier part .. where you got this quest to change class.. there's a guy that died protecting you (forgot the name)... then .. after that.. I got lost in the story.. not so interesting anymore I guess..

Story should have something interesting.. like a love interest.. or deep friendship .. like in old games like FF series and chrono series.. there wil be part where you either need to help a friend or you will be rescued by friends when you really need the most... dem I missed those PS games =)

Comment

• Seraphiel
          Seraphiel commented
          Editing a comment
          The story usually centers around Nefer and his allies more than the player. Apparently the player is the one who is expected to make the change, and without him/her, those people we meet through the game and assist them have little to no significance. For this reason, the game should make the the player is the protagonist and not a complement or an addition to the game to make the story more immersive. (That guy who died for protecting you was Fortz).

[edited] Double post :P

Comment

Being a great PvP game is much cheaper though, the content is created by the players each game.
          I do miss voice acting a bit though, it doesn't feel nearly as interactive. (and I don't mean having NPCs in town shout their 2-3 phrases when you talk to them)
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          "Quote." -Person

+15 battle maiden tower F1-F40 speedrun:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2N9IM7pgnI

Comment

Working...
          X