[Suggestion] Class Selection within one Class Base

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suggestion] Class Selection within one Class Base

I'd like to start this suggestion by reposting part of Juvia's post which you can find it HERE

Originally posted by Juvia View Post

Quote: "One particular feature that we really like about these types of games is that players are not required to select one specific character for each subsequent game session. At the start of each battle, the gamer can select the class that best suits the battle or simply because they like a certain class. In Skyforge we have kept this feature – players will have constant access to all classes, without the need to progress each class individually!"
    I believe Webzen can work on a major revamp in class selection system which I think it will be welcomed by many. At this moment, we have 22 classes in addition to classes that can be acquired by choosing different builds such as that of Taoist and Elementalist. I think it will be better to make class selection within one class base without the need of using Class Changer or leveling up a new character from scratch. For example, if I have to decide to make Ranger and Assassin, I won't have to level up 2 hunter classes seperately because they basically use the same equipment. The same goes for Witchblade classes even between Slayer and Warden. There are weapons which can be shared by both of them. Curse Blade and Self Harming Dagger are unique weapons for witchblade that were introduced to the game recently and they work on Slayer as well as Warden. Bladedancer can use the Curse Blade too, so it's a win-win feature.

Class Changer is only exlusive to people who can charge Wcoin. Even if Webzen decide to make it tradeable in the future, players would prefer to use the conventional method of acquiring a diffierent class which is levelling up a new one. But there are people who don't actually feel like getting a new class because that will again consume a lot of their time and energy since they will have to go through tedious farming of materials and equipment once again.

Regarding skill builds, it's possible to manage different skill builds in the same way as you are controllling multipule characters in different slots. This way, Skill Reset Scroll won't lose its significance in the cash shop.

Both character and warehouse inventory have to be expanded and be expandable in order to meet the need of keeping class-based items such as skill books and equipment. Players will even buy more expansions from the Cash Shop because they know that they are spending money on multiple classes rather one, which may get deleted once they don't find it fun enough.

For people who already got items that cannot be unbound, players can be prompted to move items to their preferred character one time. For bound items that can be unbound, it will be mandatory for people to use Magic Seal Scroll.

All in all, I believe the new Class Selection system will achieve higher retenion of playerbase and reduce frustration level in the community. This suggestion will reflect positively on Webzen income and it will also results in increased customer satisfaction.

╔═..══════╗
    Game Guide
    ╚══════..═╝

Continue to dream. Not gonna happen

Comment

Originally posted by JarlBorg View Post
      Not gonna happen
      I expected to get this answer as the first response. It could be true but I'm part C9 community who really cared about this game. Yet, I know that I won't find myself here in the coming few months. It happens to every gamer; this period is a transition for me until I find a better game and service that deserve more attention. I know Webzen never cared about improving the game, but piling up more issues and leaving them unfixed. I said it before that this game won't survive longer if Webzen keep recycling money milking events.

I won't say good bye to this game like what some other players who claimed to have quit but came back out of the blue just to complain again and again. I still have some love for C9 because I shared many wonderful moments with my friends here.

╔═..══════╗
      Game Guide
      ╚══════..═╝

Comment

I'm not entirely sure about this...this idea seems kind of messy to me. Moreover, I am not sure that this is a good idea for a character with such low stamina. One of the major reasons why we get limited stamina is to encourage us to create more characters to extend our gaming time.

HOWEVER

I would like to suggest a few tweaks to your suggestion, if I may:

Create a 2 build system. Since PvP and PvE are both huge parts of c9, some people may feel weak in either faculty because of their build, so why not set 2 builds for each character, and you can choose which build to use (like click K and there should be an option that lets you check and uncheck the build you want) according to the thing you wanna play. Skill resets should let you reset both builds or one if webzen still wanna make more money....

Also, a revamp in the binding system should be done imo. Equipment should only be bound to account, nothing bound to character (unless they're event rewards). That way, you can simply put the equipment that you can use on more than 1 character on your warehouse, and the target other character can use that equipment without having to buy 2 of the same equipment. That way encourages others to actually lvl their alts to higher lvls because you basically have like 90% of the equipment ready.

Comment

• Seraphiel
          Seraphiel commented
          Editing a comment
          Your suggestion looks more doable than what I suggested besides the stamina issue that we currently have. The things that I wanted to emphasize on my suggestion are reducing grinding part when deciding to get a new class, ability to reuse equipment with cannot unbind description and reduce the number of characters based on the number classes in one account.

At the very least, let us jump to lv20 instantly once we completed the lv1-20 area with a base class once. There's no need to make us do that again as the same class basically.
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        "Quote." -Person

+15 battle maiden tower F1-F40 speedrun:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2N9IM7pgnI

Comment

• Seraphiel
          Seraphiel commented
          Editing a comment
          The problem is you'll still not be sure whether that class you are trying to level up to a certain level e.g. level 63 where you can test if you can solo Sarad Dimensional Fissure Bosses or maybe just to try out Skill Books you gathered before and then you find out that their effect is not as good as you thought. People have different reasons to level up their classes to higher level but it becomes too tedious to even if you start from level 20. And we basically go through the same walkthrough; there's no real significance to start either from level 1 or level 20. Hence, I prefer to enable switching classes freely within the same basic class and increase daily maximum stamina to something like 300.

• AntiGravity
          AntiGravity commented
          Editing a comment
          I was trying to pass a suggestion that Webzen could actually agree to.

Originally posted by AntiGravity View Post
        At the very least, let us jump to lv20 instantly once we completed the lv1-20 area with a base class once. There's no need to make us do that again as the same class basically.
        This. Using the same base class more than once in the lvl 1-20 range is truly repetitive and not in a good way.

Comment

yea.. remove the lv 1 - 20 boring as hell phase.. do that only on new accounts cuz u dont want to lvl 1-20 again evrytime u want another char,. that way many will be encouraged to make new chars., thus many possibilities of income to webzen.
          because lv1 -20 is supposed to be a tutorial, but if ur already expirienced player u know the know hows and u want to lvl up ur char faster., its so tedious to lvlup a character that is not on the advanced class..
          just do the lv1 - 20 on new accounts. or accounts that doesnt have atleast 1 lv60+ char.

Comment

Working...
          X