[Suggestion] Scout Class rebalance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suggestion] Scout Class rebalance

As the topic stated, my suggestion is to rebalance the Scout class.
    The reason for it is scout class is being suppressed.
    As you can see in the 3 servers pvp rank, the scouts rank in top 100 in US(3) and EU(1) server is less than 4 and in SEA server the highest is ranked 138 for a scout.
    Based on the statistic, it is way too off balance so my suggestion is to somehow let scout class not being suppressed and labeled as a noob or lame class.
    Maybe some additional effects on traps or something.
    Just my suggestion.

Actually if you play scouts right, they can be extremely deadly. I know many Korean Scouts, who although don't ranked pvp, are absolutely good (SEA). And the burst damage for scouts is already high.

Comment

Originally posted by User1 View Post
      As the topic stated, my suggestion is to rebalance the Scout class.
      The reason for it is scout class is being suppressed.
      As you can see in the 3 servers pvp rank, the scouts rank in top 100 in US(3) and EU(1) server is less than 4 and in SEA server the highest is ranked 138 for a scout.
      Based on the statistic, it is way too off balance so my suggestion is to somehow let scout class not being suppressed and labeled as a noob or lame class.
      Maybe some additional effects on traps or something.
      Just my suggestion.
      I agree, Scout is inferior to all other classes in terms of pvp.
      No stuns, no charges / dashes , Only one lame SA skill, no guard break.

Let's look on NS:
      Much stronger summons (more hp, more defense, more damage)
      Lots of dashes and charges, Stuns and SA skills.
      Even guard break skills.

Making Scout without any kind of mobility skills encourage them to go camping and having insane mana consumption isn't realy helping.

Comment

Originally posted by Muramasa View Post
        I agree, Scout is inferior to all other classes in terms of pvp. No stuns, no charges / dashes , Only one lame SA skill, no guard break. Let's look on NS: Much stronger summons (more hp, more defense, more damage) Lots of dashes and charges, Stuns and SA skills. Even guard break skills. Making Scout without any kind of mobility skills encourage them to go camping and having insane mana consumption isn't realy helping.
        I agree .... to encourage and restore a bit of balance for scout... they should be rebalance. Hate it when ppl say scout is a noob class in pvp when they don't know how to dodge trap.... scout is too inferior as a hunter class. Since warden got a fairly nice rebalance. . . So should scout.... fire dmg, burning and stuff or cd or trap rebalance maybe? Not only NS... mystic is kinda overpower with many iframe, super armor and air mobility

Comment

scout is indeed hard class to go pvp with especially if ur facing a ranged attacker, against close range attackers they cant do much ^^

Comment

As we know, scout has a strength and wisdom part but both parts has big flaws in a way too if you take a look at taoist... their magical skills and physical skills are equally strong and not to their super armor and dmg output.....no need to mention strong combo for magical scout...and limited skills option for strength scout... Scout's trap are easily dodge and making camping not effective plus the lack of mana.... I strongly support rebalance for scout.....

Comment

• [VLT]WolfBow
              [VLT]WolfBow commented
              Editing a comment
              Thats a good point!

"Against close range attackers they can't do much" I seriously doubt that you have played against a really good melee class. Lets take Pervy for example, he is probably the only melee class who can perfect me and i don't stand a chance. Why, because he knows how to play this game. Of course he does mistakes sometimes and then i strike but usually not...

Back to the topic. Yeah i definitely agree that scout needs some kind of balance. I think there are many ways.
            1. Give more range to multi shot/quick shot/bomber shot by 20% (but if a scout equips bulls eye then the 20% disappears and then it's going to be the normal 50% given by the bow)
            2. Give some kind of gap closing skill like shadow dash
            3. Give another passive which gives movement speed and str+wisdom. Lvl 1, 1% movement speed and 5 str/wisdom, Lvl 2, 2% movement speed and 10 str/wisdom and so on to lvl 5. Scout needs a lot of movement speed because it doesn't have any intimidating gap closing skill.
            4. Shadow decoy would be a pretty good idea also since if crouch lags for example blademasters gets to hit shining cutter to tachyon...

What i have noticed tho. Scout technically doesn't need any buff if you are a rich mofo. Get bulls eye, all the movement speed spellstones, player resistance, sabrinas and you are good to go! Sadly i don't have any of them (except 7% of player resistance) Q_Q
            About player skills as a scout. Can scout do well in pvp? Hell yeah IF you know how to play like china server pros for example. Flawless i framing, grab timing and knowing when to use evasive maneuver.. Kind of like really good rangers play in melee. One mistake with a scout can lead to a combo for the enemy which can lead to death.

This is just my opinion.
            I know i have a lot of ways to go as a scout
            If you don't know who i am i suggest you go watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ovwRD4RU4M

Comment

guess i',m the only one who wants a slight skill rebalance for scout...
              compared to his fellow class, scouts really could use a small boost...
              let's make it a reality....
              hope GM will read it

Comment

• [VLT]WolfBow
                [VLT]WolfBow commented
                Editing a comment
                il see to it that atleast one ofthem will, because this seems important.

Originally posted by BomberScout View Post
              "Against close range attackers they can't do much" I seriously doubt that you have played against a really good melee class. Lets take Pervy for example, he is probably the only melee class who can perfect me and i don't stand a chance. Why, because he knows how to play this game. Of course he does mistakes sometimes and then i strike but usually not...

Back to the topic. Yeah i definitely agree that scout needs some kind of balance. I think there are many ways.
              1. Give more range to multi shot/quick shot/bomber shot by 20% (but if a scout equips bulls eye then the 20% disappears and then it's going to be the normal 50% given by the bow)
              3. Give another passive which gives movement speed and str+wisdom. Lvl 1, 1% movement speed and 5 str/wisdom, Lvl 2, 2% movement speed and 10 str/wisdom and so on to lvl 5. Scout needs a lot of movement speed because it doesn't have any intimidating gap closing skill.
              4. Shadow decoy would be a pretty good idea also since if crouch lags for example blademasters gets to hit shining cutter to tachyon...

What i have noticed tho. Scout technically doesn't need any buff if you are a rich mofo. Get bulls eye, all the movement speed spellstones, player resistance, sabrinas and you are good to go! Sadly i don't have any of them (except 7% of player resistance) Q_Q
              About player skills as a scout. Can scout do well in pvp? Hell yeah IF you know how to play like china server pros for example. Flawless i framing, grab timing and knowing when to use evasive maneuver.. Kind of like really good rangers play in melee. One mistake with a scout can lead to a combo for the enemy which can lead death.

This is just my opinion.
              If you don't know who i am i suggest you go watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ovwRD4RU4M

you're a str scout rite?
              i know str scout has infinite combo too if u practice it well but str skills are kinda less... i agree with ur suggestion too in a way...Xd
              wis scout also need a boost for them....

like you said... unless u;re super duper rich.. if not.... how are scouts gonna get all the stat he needs to compensate his flaws....
              that's why i support rebalance.... compare to other classes... let's just take hunter classes,,, they still can excel with decent but not super rich stuff

Comment

Originally posted by BomberScout View Post

About player skills as a scout. Can scout do well in pvp? Hell yeah IF you know how to play like china server pros for example. Flawless i framing, grab timing and knowing when to use evasive maneuver.. Kind of like really good rangers play in melee. One mistake with a scout can lead to a combo for the enemy which can lead death.

This is just my opinion.

i like the shadow decoy/ shadow dash idea ... do it somewhat like assassin one is nice... shadow decoy/dash then leave a trap

one additional guard breaker would be cool too....

Comment

We clearly see how unpopular the Scout is right now. All unpopular classes are always unpopular for a reason. And here the reason is obvious. Scout is simply a weak class. At the moment the only place, where Scout (at least Wis one) is anyhow good is survival mode. Anywhere else he is either just fine/average (dungs, hells, group PvP) or inferior (1vs1 PvP). Now if we talk about PvP, this is what have recently come to my mind:

- Find Weaknesses. At least one of the following effects should be added: Guard Break, Iframe, Vacuum Effect.
                  - Groundhouse Kick. Speed up the animation so we could use Eagle Kick or at least Pumpkin Bomber after this. Right now this skill is almost useless (works only as a good damager for Str Scout)
                  - Bursting Touch. At least one of the following effects should be added: Guard Break, Short iframe on bomb planting (even when missed).
                  - HP/Def of traps. Right now, on endgame PvP, every single trap of Scout gets easily 1-shot by every class. On each level traps only get slightly more HP but their defence stays the same, while the damage of players keep increasing along with their levels and gears. I am not saying traps should be as endurable as Nightstalker's pets, but right now people are not afraid of simply rushing at traps while they can kill them in just one skill. Something should be done about it.
                  - Damage reduction caused by combo count. Either remove this reduction in PvP or make all traps just like other skills in terms of combo counting in PvE.

The problem of Scout in 1vs1 PvP is that he is quite easy to learn, but the final potential of this class is very low. It may seem that this is a counter-class to all melee classes and all ranged classes are counter-classes to Scout, but the truth is quite different. Once you figure out how to avoid traps with your class, most of the time you will surely beat a Scout. In other words, when 2 players meet in PvP, they both have equal levels, gears and they both are equally skilled, in most cases the one playing a Scout will lose.

Comment

One more thing is that traps should also triggers hp regen bonus of necklace + 3 above. . . . I mean except turret and mist... the bombs should trigger that

Comment

If you say like that I think illusionist also need some boost for pvp too.For pve its great especially if you have skill books but at pvp every class can beat you easly she is so slow and you cant do anything without using your stun and its not that easy to catch people when all classes got lightning speed or very good range.The most interesting thing is almost none of the classes got nerfed for pvp but illusionist got nerfed so many times it took 2 years to nerf freking soul burn but they nerfed vivic 2 times and now its damage is lower then a fireball plus every chainsaw of her got nerfed at pvp.This is cool but why should they nerf a skill like limited shot its too easy to catch people with that and it only kills with 1 shot nothing is wrong with that skill right ?

Comment

Scouts who can bend time and space with their traps are the real OP scouts.

Comment

I do agree scout needs some buff but adding him Decoy/Shadow Dash would be too op

Comment

Working...
                          X