[Suggestion] Revamped Skillbook System v2.0

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suggestion] Revamped Skillbook System v2.0

In my previous suggestions to skill book system on the old forum, I mentioned something regarding adding an item that can be farmed in Hell mode like GC hell, and that item can be used to give 100% chance to get higher grade books. For example, let's call that item 'Sacred Ink Vial'. This Sacred Ink Vial can be used to upgrade items. Each grade will require a number of vials, e.g. upgrading from 'magic grade' to 'rare grade' will require 50 vials. Similarly, upgrading from 'rare grade' to 'perfect grade' will require 100 Sacred Ink Vials. The drop rare of this item is 100% but the amount ranges from 1-5 vials. This way, people will farm GC Hell more often and they will have more motives to grind to get lvl 54 hell set which many people don't do it as they only think of hitting level 60 to get that cheap perfect set which provides more boost to base stat. Webzen should think of improving the boring and unrewarding grinding system of this game not only by reducing the number of quests like they did during Rahkadan update, but also by adding items that are worthy to grind for.

╔═..══════╗
    Game Guide
    ╚══════..═╝

I don't like the idea this much because the combine system would be kind off useless or it could be I misunderstood. If you meant upgrading a book from from certain grade to next grade then it would be a bad idea, just farm book you want (magic) and upgrade to perfect. If you meant that the item is used in the combining proces to insure a random higher grade book then its good. As for the GC Hell farming part, it already gives more reason to farm it due to the 100% rare or p.rare skillbook drop. Other things that would need a change is the combining material used (there are already some suggestions regarding this) and maybe a increase to get a class specific book. The increase in class specific books can be done by using items like u suggest and it could become something like this: for each x items used in combine you get x% increase to get a selected class book. This item could be dropped from bosses at master difficulty, Hell mode, Extreme or even epic mobs.

Comment

Originally posted by BunnySlayer View Post
      I don't like the idea this much because the combine system would be kind off useless or it could be I misunderstood. If you meant upgrading a book from from certain grade to next grade then it would be a bad idea, just farm book you want (magic) and upgrade to perfect. If you meant that the item is used in the combining proces to insure a random higher grade book then its good. As for the GC Hell farming part, it already gives more reason to farm it due to the 100% rare or p.rare skillbook drop. Other things that would need a change is the combining material used (there are already some suggestions regarding this) and maybe a increase to get a class specific book. The increase in class specific books can be done by using items like u suggest and it could become something like this: for each x items used in combine you get x% increase to get a selected class book. This item could be dropped from bosses at master difficulty, Hell mode, Extreme or even epic mobs.

I know GC Hell drops rare and p rare books for lvl 50. What I meant is this is an additional feature that can be added to the existing combining skill book system. The current system doesn't allow to create a book of your choice. With the suggested upgrade system, it will reduce the time to get the grade of book that you want if you already have a book but with a low grade. Note that I mentioned upgrading from magic grade to higher is just an example. It could actually from common grade. Imagine that you are playing a class, say, Warden. and you have Cylius magic or rare grade; what is the chance of getting higher grade by combining system ONLY? We need something that upgrades books that are in our skillbook shelves. The current system make farming books too tedious even if Webzen decides to slightly increase the chance of getting higher grade skillbooks. Webzen doesn't seem to want to increase the chance to 100% for some reason. Maybe they don't want people to get higher grade books quickly that people will eventually find no reason to farm or play once they reach end game content. I agree on adding other items that can increase the odd of getting class specific books. Actually, it's better to add more features to the existing skill book system with the ideas presented here.

╔═..══════╗
      Game Guide
      ╚══════..═╝

Comment

• BunnySlayer
        BunnySlayer commented
        Editing a comment
        I know its hard to get rare of the skill you want getting p.rare is almost impossible without luck. But your suggestion would make it a bit to easy to get p.rare. But there is indeed a need for some increase chance item or something because with the new book set its gonna get even harder to get at least rare grade of the skillbook you want.
    Working...
    X