(Suggestion) Talent tree

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Suggestion) Talent tree

Do you want to be different ? Are you tired of seeing people with the same class as you walking around the town ? Do you want to play your class in your own way ? Well I have a suggestion to your problem and hopefully webzen will have a glance at this post. TALENT TREE.

Talent tree is a system that will makes your sub-class skill stronger passively and actively in different ways. Each sub-class will have 3 talent trees and you can add 75 talent points at maximum. For each 25 points you invest in a specific tree, you will receive a distinctive skill from that tree. In other words, you will receive 3 active skills if you invest all the point in that tree. Some talent skill is for PVE- only to maintain balance in pvp.

For example, elementalist will have 3 talent trees: Lightning, Fire, Water. At lvl 25, you will have a skill called Inferno Flame if you invest in Fire tree. Each Fire skill will create an orb near the target, If you manage to get 3 orbs on them, they will explode and deal 5% TARGET MAX HP in 5 seconds. You can build talent tree anyway that you want. You can mix the trees together or go only to one tree only. That way, each sub- class maybe the same, but the way they work is distinctive.

Other talent tree that I can think of, please join me if you have any other ideas:
    + Valkyire: LANCE ( makes the skill using lance of valkyrie stronger), GUN, AUTO ( makes device shoot more useful)
    + Illusionist: Shuriken, Flame, Utility
    + Guardian: Eternal Defense ( Improve tankiness), Gladiator ( Improve attack power), Paladin ( improve charging skill)
    + Gunner: SNIPER ( improve sniping skill like deep snipe, glacial shot....), COMBAT ( give gunner grab skill, which they lack), AGILITY ( improve valiance, move speed, evasion)
    + Erta: RANGE ( improve range skill), MELEE, COMBAT ( give erta grab skill)
    + Slayer: VAMPIRE ( turn survivability to damage, the more you get hurt, the more damage you have), BLOOD ( makes rout point more useful),.... I don't know, this class need a nerf haha. Let's move on
    + Nightstalker : HEALER ( can have healing skill for per and ally), DESTROY ( Give you more destructive skill), LEADER ( your pets will be stronger depends on your stats).

Moreover, Webzen also gets benefit from this talent tree, as they can sell palladium more effectively, Talent preset scroll, reset scroll, etc .... So what is your idea ?

i think this is actually a good idea, and not hard to implement unlike the new engined for mass pvp, anyway i will give some ideas about some classes later

Comment

i liked your idea. it remind me what they have in WOW (World Of Warcraft) which makes same classes to be different.

Comment

You need to standardize the talent trees so that they are the same for each class. This make it easy to maintain balance when said talent tree is implemented. Instead of three trees, I suggest changing to 2 trees, but with ability to add additional trees in pair. This is to be in accord with the principle of opposites, where the distinction is established by the direct opposite element, C9 does not have the trinity concept of healer, tanker and damage dealer in the classes, so some of the difference of the talent tree for each class in WOW does not apply here. Example of standardize talent tree that is applicable for C9 are:

1. Defense, Damage (DPS/DPH) - Defence/Damage point direct increase based defense/damage by a certain percentage
        2. AOE, Single Target - AOE point increase range of AOE skills, Single Target point increase damage of single target skill by a certain percentage.
        3, Number of multi-hits (DPS) and Damage per hit (DPH) - Number of multi-hit point increase the number of hit of all multi-hit skills, Damage per hit point increase the damage per hit of all skills.
        4. Crown Control (grap, knock down) and Run Speed - CC point increase the duration of all CC skills, Run Speed point increase the run speed by a certain percentage.
        5. Range and Melee - Range point increases range of all skills including melee skills, Melee point increases melee damage.
        6. Any possible abilities and its opposites but should be applicable to all classes in C9.

Example, the 5x trees can be implemented at once, in that case, all classes should also have 5x talent trees with 75 points each or 375 points in total. In future update, more tree/s can also be added and the talent points should be increase accordingly.

Last edited by Jodhi; 30-10-17, 07:14 PM.

Comment

It's a brilliant idea actually but there are things you need to bear in mind with increased number of skills as it also means more skill books will be needed, and our current RNG is insanely retarded. Considering all the above, a deeper revamp to skills (properly fixed), skill trees and skill book system will be necessary, and this idea could be part of 3rd class advancement update e.g Illusionist (single tree) > Cipher (single tree + UFS) > Phantasmist (single tree + 3 talent trees + UFS [Transformation]).

Also, all skills from the new skill trees must be accessible all at the same time at least e.g. once reaching a certain level. This idea needs to be assessed very carefully for any limitation that might hinder its purpose which is creating a class with variant playstyles that can adapt to different situations.

However, some classes share similar combat background like Shadow and Assassin, Warrior and Guardian, and so on, creating more redundancy, which tells me that this would have been more viable if we had less classes and if it was part of the game development in its earliest stages.

P.S. The way I explained talent here is to have extensions to some skills e.g. Fireball > Firebolt > Firestorm. In order to cast Firestorm, you will need to start casting Fireball, then press RMB to activate Firebolt and then again RMB to acivate Firestorm creating a combo from a single skill. The same goes for Flare > Flame Burst > Volcanic Shards. Lightining and Water have their own separate trees too. These are just examples of my concept of talent tree.

It doesn't have to be an offensive skill extension, it could also be passive ones like the ones you mentioned.
          Last edited by Seraphiel; 31-10-17, 09:30 AM.

╔═..══════╗
          Game Guide
          ╚══════..═╝

Comment

Uhh I have to admit that this is actually a brilliant idea Thumbs up for it pal ^.^
            ≡﴾Nyssa≡Al≡Ghul﴿≡ :BladeDancer Lv.75
            Rahkdan
            Guild (SOD)SnailsOfDoom

Comment

The only drawback here, is that the classes do not fulfill any specific role at least as being tank, ranged atack, physical or magical dps damage and without forgetting that there are no healers.

For example, in Asta online, I had the talent tree, in that game once a class reached level 10, it accessed the talent tree and you could choose which one you would specialize in, as with a warrior, you could choose one of the 2 Specialized branches, one to convert into dps and the other in tank, deducting in the role sought to play.

.I'm not sure, that this idea helps so much, but it would be good to study it, also look for other options and please do not take it badly, I do not want this game to be transformed into another copy of Wow.

Comment

LOL. i can see dota 2 in here. nice suggestion though. c9 adapting what dota2 is like.lel

Comment

I agree with Kanuu.
                  The idea itself is great, however, like mentioned before, c9 has never been a game where you needed a party to complete a certain quest, to kill a boss or whatever. In c9 everything is do-able solo. Ok, maybe in Bardiel you’d need a tank if you wanna clear the “non cheat” way. No need for healers because with pets and free pots that’s just useless. I’d love to see a healer class in c9 but I think this isn’t a game where something like this would work out well. Now with the new armor enhance system, any class can be semi-tank, adding a healing pet and palladiums... just proves that you can play the whole game solo.

Comment

Originally posted by IcyStorm View Post
                    I agree with Kanuu.
                    The idea itself is great, however, like mentioned before, c9 has never been a game where you needed a party to complete a certain quest, to kill a boss or whatever. In c9 everything is do-able solo. Ok, maybe in Bardiel you’d need a tank if you wanna clear the “non cheat” way. No need for healers because with pets and free pots that’s just useless. I’d love to see a healer class in c9 but I think this isn’t a game where something like this would work out well. Now with the new armor enhance system, any class can be semi-tank, adding a healing pet and palladiums... just proves that you can play the whole game solo.
                    Do not underestimate the power of healer/supporter especially if it's not limited to restoring HP/MP but also providing buffs like increasing damage and damage resistance to the whole party. Something that works the same way when you pick a buff in a dungeon like Aura of Serenity. This role will make healer/supporter indispensable even for players who can solo just to add more safety measures and ease battle difficulty.

╔═..══════╗
                    Game Guide
                    ╚══════..═╝

Comment

The game obviously needs more gameplay systems to provide to players, which they can develop and upgrade. Currently the only system the game has is skill books, maybe awakening too, but it's rather weak and very passive in terms of improvement. Players leave, because there is literally nothing to make them busy with. And that awful shadow dungeon thing needs to provide better rewards, like components to craft and upgrade good wings and souls. The only exclusive items in the cash shop should be cosmetics and maybe some optional uniques, everything else should be obtainable via farming.

Comment

Originally posted by Sequestor View Post
                        The game obviously needs more gameplay systems to provide to players, which they can develop and upgrade. Currently the only system the game has is skill books, maybe awakening too, but it's rather weak and very passive in terms of improvement. Players leave, because there is literally nothing to make them busy with. And that awful shadow dungeon thing needs to provide better rewards, like components to craft and upgrade good wings and souls. The only exclusive items in the cash shop should be cosmetics and maybe some optional uniques, everything else should be obtainable via farming.
                        Totally agree with this. But I always wanted the skill book system to be changed to class related quest where we grind to unlock skill uprades gradually from common to magic to rare to perfect without relying on the stupid RNG we currently have. Something similar to Black Desert which is called Awakening. We have to totally rely on luck; even with cash, it doesn't guarantee us getting the desired book excluding the P2W way; Wcoin Attack reward.

Aside from that, having multiple characters have become of less use overtime. Their only purpose is to level them up to a certain level just to get event quest items like Dimensional Fissure tickets and maybe if you have enough cash to gear them up, you can use them in Ancient Arena to have better chances to win and collect rewards yet I don't find it to have great impact on one's account. Even I suggested to implement tag team system just to make use of extra characters we level and gear up. But knowing that the devs have less capability at implementing this or even creating a better game engine, I don't expect from them to make drastic changes to overall gameplay.

WEBZEN fails to introduce cosmetics because they prefer to use the easy way to grab cash by adding icons with little effort to design and then add some digits that represent stats upgrade like what you see in unique accessories, Souls, Palladium, etc and now this Halloween Rocker armor set that they were too lazy to create one with a unique look. Look at Blade and Soul. Many people play that game just to collect costumes in which you can find a very large selection.

╔═..══════╗
                        Game Guide
                        ╚══════..═╝

Comment

Originally posted by Seraphiel View Post

Do not underestimate the power of healer/supporter especially if it's not limited to restoring HP/MP but also providing buffs like increasing damage and damage resistance to the whole party. Something that works the same way when you pick a buff in a dungeon like Aura of Serenity. This role will make healer/supporter indispensable even for players who can solo just to add more safety measures and ease battle difficulty.
                          I would not give much credit to the classes of healer / support, it is true in many MMOs, they are indespensables, but not in this game for example in other games 4/22, 5/10, depending on the MMO, they are healers / support class, but in that type of game the parties are bigger than in C9. The healers / support give buff, recover health / mana, but are totally defensive, as for the buff, this type of class is not the only one that comes from this type of benefits, in online the archer class can provide the speed of movement and attack to the party, with this I want to suggest that for example Gunslinger, can give lightning enchant to his party mates or increase the attack with the warrior buff.

Although the Halloween rocker armor, is a complete joke, for not being anything original and fence that if you are lazy in creating a new design, with respect to the gears, webzen and devs if they fail in this aspect, having a great variety of styles and not they take advantage of it, being able to sell the old costumes / cosmetics, in all its variety of colors in a permanent way, just go to the cash shop, and see how they put a color of each gear, Greek mythology 1/3, Sports 1/3 , Immortal medics 1/6 to name a few, the B & S cosmetics look amazing and colorful, but often they are too repetitive for their classes and races and they hardly vary a bit, although C9 is a little older, their cosmetics are more original and each class has its own design, which distinguishes it from other MMOs,

Comment

Working...
                          X