Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW TO BRING C9 BACK TO LIFE? (stuff that has to change)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old comments and yellings.

The classes are splitted into PVE group and PVP group. The PVP ones are strong in PVP and PVE ones are strong in PVE. It is normal in games. I still admit some classes are way too strong in both PVE and PVP (Guardian, Valkyrie, Gunslinger...)
    - Slayer used to be weak. She deserves a buff. And after the remaster, i found her a bit overpowered because of the new and renew skills (new Delpha Slasher and double Rout Point is powerful). But that all for PVP. The buffs for PVE are still not enough. She is a PVP oriented class after all.
    - Reaperess's damage used to be the best. But not anymore since Mystic came. Despite she can kill you in a few skills in PVP, but her skills make her vulnerable all the time. If you pay attention a little and train with her a little, you can beat her with ease. I used to cry out loud about her, but not anymore. I don't see her as a threat anymore.
    - Same with Blademaster, his Counterstrike is very easy to be detected. I never got problem with that. Their hit and run stragetry is very annoying somehow.
    - Nightstalker is easy to deal with. The annoying thing is the pets. Despite they can be killed with 2-3 skills, but they got shield. Classes can deal multiple hits or DoT can break the shield with ease. I hate the pets because they are very laggy. Same with Scout's traps, very laggy.
    - Gunslinger: i really hate his Limited Shot. Limited Shot can decrease DEF and very powerful at close range, short cooldown (18s only???). Can cast instantly. All Gunslingers do is break your guard or kick you to air and then Limted Shot => kill. If not, he will run like never run and repeat same stragetry. He got 2 skills can break guard and make you stagger. He is very strong in PVE too. I really want in the future they increase the cooldown of Limted Shot.

ABOUT ERTA, she is very poweful in PVP if you don't know. I fought an Erta before and i knew it. She is only level 53 and she can beat out anyone (level 65 - 67 with full gears) in deathmatch who tried to mess aroung with her. Erta is a very complicated class and hard to play. But she got many invicible skills. The player must be very good. Maybe you won't believe me but it is the truth.

FIRST SUGGESTION: Remove the old arena system. Make new one with balance gears (the system will auto-equip players with balance gears).

Comment

I quit C9 2 years ago but i still follow the updates & forums to check what's new. I've been playing an MMO recently launched (I don't want to advertise) and i now clearly see why we quit C9.

In this MMO, it takes 2 weeks of farming/pvping to collect the materials to upgrade your weapon&accessories. It's really slow, dead slow actually. Drop rates are really low. But in the end, you know that you can collect them if you work hard. It's not the same for C9. I mean, imagine skill books; there are at least 15 different classes, from 1 to 5, 5 different stars, from white to turquoise 4 different grade of books, from 3rd to 6th continent 3 different groups of books. So, to get the book you want, you have 1/ (15.5.4.3) chance.

Another reason is, in some point you have to use real money to advance in game. Magic Primers or anything related to upgrade your gear should be looted from dungeons. And i don't mean ''the impossible rates of Webzen'', no... You need to at least get 3 primers per run.

Finally, it has been 2 years now and i still see there's no big difference. They haven't even launched the second part of raebin. So, just give up guys.

Comment

I saw the Notes section today and im glad they are taking some of the advices into their plans to improve the in-game content

http://c9.webzen.com/news/webzennote...-update?page=1

Guild System Improvement
        Guild masters have been required to be online almost everyday to maintain the guild and have newcomers in. Newcomers have been having hard time looking for the right guild to join. But soon it will be resolved and all will get even better stuff!

Guild List / Join Request
        Any players without guild will be able to check the guild list and search for all guilds by pressing [U] button.
        Players can ask to join the desired guild and write a simple join request message. Also, players can cancel the join request to ask another guild to join before the guild master accept or refuse the request.
        Likewise, guild masters can add an introduction of the guild that is shown on the Guild List. Also, guild masters check the join requests and can accept or refuse the requests whenever online.

Guild Member Introduction Message
        Guild members can add a simple message that is shown on the member list. Just move the cursor to your guild mate’s name to check the message and to find more friends to enjoy the game with!

Guild House Improvement
        Guild Houses will be much more useful than in the past. Players will find new NPCs in the guild house who will be helping the members using convenient functions and selling special items. The higher the level, the better the features!

Guild House Level 1
        • An NPC selling useful items with reasonable prices
        Guild House Level 2
        • An NPC selling better items, some items with even better prices than Level 1
        • Repair equipment
        • Trading Office
        • Warehouse
        • Mailbox
        Guild House Level 3
        • An NPC selling better items, some items with even better prices than Level 2
        • Repair equipment
        • Trading Office
        • Elemental Enhancement, Mount Spellstones, Mount Growth Stones
        • Warehouse
        • Mailbox
        Guild House Level 4
        • An NPC selling better items, some items with even better prices than Level 3
        • Repair equipment
        • Trading Office
        • Elemental Enhancement, Mount Spellstones, Mount Growth Stones
        • Artisan Craft
        • Warehouse
        • Mailbox
        I'd like to remind my suggestion about increasing the guild storage and furniture slot spaces, I still find it difficult to make my Guildhouse look nice and being functional at same time :S I hope they add it sometime
        Guild Relic Bag Improvement
        Guild Relic Bag has been less useful to individuals, so many players have not bother themselves to enter stages with their guild mates. However, soon players will find useful potions in the Guild Relic Bags which give a strong buff.

More than that, increasing the rare craft drops or decreasing the requirements to craft master buffs... x100 rare drops? does even the entire server has that much? i haven't got one of those in years...
        Pico Quest Streamlining
        Learning Ultimate Fury Skill is fully rewarding yet the long quest chain to learn the skill is too demanding for many Glenheim adventurers. Soon you do not need to complete the full quests but would get the exact same rewards with shorter and easier missions.

Inventory Loot Effect
        We frequently get many different items by opening boxes, and sometimes it makes us confused. We need to check all system messages and inventory slots to check what we just got. But soon it will become far more convenient to check newly obtained items as it will shine on your inventory slots.

New Baits, New Fish and New Rewards
        As the season changes, ocean current is slowly changing in Waterford. We may find new baits and new fish, and new precious items swallowed by the fish you catch!

The rest of the ideas seem really good, but there is still a long way to go, hope these ideas get to work sooner so we can start dealing with the top tier problems of the game before a private server or another game takes the few ppl from the game
        Waiting for the game going back to their roots~

Comment

• Tr3ize
          Tr3ize commented
          Editing a comment
          it sucks, no last part of raebin

• Tr3ize
          Tr3ize commented
          Editing a comment
          what most players want now is last part of raebin

I haven't been much of a forum poster person in the past, but this one did catch my attention, so I wanted to comment on certain things. There are several things pointed here that certainly should be done for the game in order to improve it and balance it more of its current state. However, I don't think this is what will make the game come back to life. I would go with the comment of Alleonn. This game desperately needs ADVERTISING. C9 publicity and promotion is nowhere to be seen. People don't know about this game. Not in the scale it would be needed to have a consistent large playerbase.

Of course there are always a fistful of new players trying out the game, but it's evident is just really a very small amount, and many times nothing that lasts for long. One can see tons of advertisement in mmo review sites and gaming video streaming communities about other mmos, you know how you can practically find stuff about the soul and the desert like even from beneath the stones at the moment. But C9 is known by pretty much just the veterans of the game. The players that joined it during its time of hype 3 or 4 years ago.

While all these details commented and discussed are indeed something that has effect on players staying here; hence necessary, I would say the playerbase has to grow considerably so it can drag more attention from gamers and managment itself. In my opinion, Webzen has given up with putting effort in this game since the amount of players has lowered so much. They seem to be pretty much just coming up with events that squish some money out from the people that purchase from shop. But I don't think they have interest in spending money for new content, updates, avdertisement, etc. I think they simply don't see it as a worthy investment anymore.

Based on that, I would say the work would have to come from players themselves. I think what people could do, would be lot of advertisement in sites, with friends and definitely lot, lot, lot of streaming and video uploading with stuff of the game. Gameplay, trailers-like videos, showcase of pvp shiny moments, things like that. Maybe that can catch the interest of gamers and bring more people to this game, and then if the numbers increase to quantities that can actually be considered serious, Webzen could turn its attention again and work further in improve the game and keep it fresh.

Comment

• JoJoestar
          JoJoestar commented
          Editing a comment
          I totally agree on Advertising more, also noticed the gold bots are back, that means they have been promoting it abit along with the redeem key codes on diverse mmorpg webs but still there is a lot of work to do

One thing i noticed from Black Desert Online to keep ppl playing, or even staying afk checking the game from time to time, is that they introduced ways to get materials to craft items in game from doing mundane stuff like these:

Fishing: fishing at Black Desert doesnt require more than 1 single cheap rod that can be bought near the fishing zones and is a good way to make gold depending on ur knowledge bout the fishing zones, here in C9 we have Fishing but is too much dependant on the baits which are kind of hard to get and most of the time the prizes are useless "rare" fishes (they even do some stupid noise like there were something important) and the only time they are useful its on rare events... we should be able to fish without baits or making bait just to increase a chance for a better fish, also the Fishes sold in Black Desert give u nice gold on the NPC, the fishes sold at C9 gives u almost nothing, just fishing coins that u trade for crystals but in order to get em u need a lot of baits and u end up getting less baits than fishing coins which makes it a waste of gold and the chance of getting Dorado / Tuna are extremely low and Dorados doesnt even give u something decent, a low chance of rare book... not even a slight chance of perfect :S

Gathering: on other games u can contract workers to farm crafting materials like iron, leather, food, herbs, etc What about making a similar system where we have to invest some gold? almost no one farm materials and the stacks of x300 Metal go around 2-3m and the only things we desperately do is using Artisan Crystals to buy chests which may give us lame ammounts for a high investment... then again we losing money and motivation. Making us invest our afk time in game for passive gathering of materials and bringing back Economy to the game would be a way to fix the lack of population

GUILD JOIN / RECRUITMENT: i loved the last patch idea

Guild List / Join Request
        Any players without guild will be able to check the guild list and search for all guilds by pressing [U] button.
        Players can ask to join the desired guild and write a simple join request message. Also, players can cancel the join request to ask another guild to join before the guild master accept or refuse the request.
        Likewise, guild masters can add an introduction of the guild that is shown on the Guild List. Also, guild masters check the join requests and can accept or refuse the requests whenever online.
        But only the Guild Master can see the join requests :S they should let Officers to be able to see the requests as well !!

Comment

Question to everyone... how would u guys feel about Scout skills being FULL STR instead WIS ?
          No more waste when getting hell sets or crafting sets cause of RNG results

Comment

Wait...is the game dead...i was going to start playing...that just killed it... sad face

Comment

Working...
            X