Skillbook combination recipe suggestion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skillbook combination recipe suggestion

I ran 34 blazing battle field runs in a row yesterday and only found 2 dims in the last 5 runs... both of which of course gave me books that were useless to me. As the skillbook system is right now, new players have no chance to get the books they need and our dim rates are way to low. The combination system is also to random to try and get the books you want for your specific class. What happened to the permanent "200% increase on dim boss rates" that was added long ago?
    It would be nice if a skill book recipe system was implemented, for example 2 magic grade mana cannons+4 rare books=rare mana cannon or 2 rare grade expert guards + 4 prare books= prare expert guard. I know some people will say "AH THEN IT MAKES IT TO EASY" but I don't believe that's the case. Just something to make it a little easier for players to get the books they want for their class.

That kind of system would be nice, a little more work-based than luck-based -> less disappointment.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Quote." -Person

+15 battle maiden tower F1-F40 speedrun:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2N9IM7pgnI

Comment

• (VLT)Saiiko
      (VLT)Saiiko commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah... I know it's highly doubtful that they'll take it into consideration and people will say "then it's to easy" but if ppl could atleast farm the magic books enough to make a rare one of it I say that's hard work imo ;-;

It could also help if our dim rates were raised a bit, they have been severely nerfed overtime x.x

Comment

The system is pretty nice its good but the demand of artisan crystals is way too much, they could increase the chance of getting rare book from magic and perfect book from rare, and ofc change the stuff needed to do a combine, for example dried blood or something that is easily farmed etc.
      God help us.

Comment

you know what I thought when I heard "Skillbook Combine System"? I was so hoping that it would be something like :
        1/ Combine 2 x-star books -> 1 (x+1)-star book (all the books are the same kind of book). Ex : Combine 2 Common 1-star Expert Guard -> 1 Common 2-star Expert Guard.
        2/ Combine 2 x-grade max-star books -> 1 (x+1)-grade min-star book (all the books are the same kind of book). Ex : Combine 2 Common 2-star Expert Guard -> 1 Magic 1-star Expert Guard / Combine 2 Magic 3-star Expert Guard -> 1 Rare 2-star Expert Guard.
        Totally "work-based"

Comment

for us, the vattern players its tolerateable but for new players who came into the game it would be a HUGE day&night work hopefully to get a single dim boss.
          2 years from now they would complete their set ( hopefully for them) but new contents will be out so its wont be worth the farm.
          so its a kind of circle that really makes you wonder if its worth to play.
          but for you, GMs, check the rates, im sure they had been changed.

Comment

the only random thing is nature a system is never random theres always a way to get what u want just do the experiments and dont share your findings

Comment

• Tsuchiryu
              Tsuchiryu commented
              Editing a comment
              This comment is so full of wrong and stupid.

We know that Vacant Crystal is used both for generating new skill books via combine system and for crafting weapons and equipment. Therefore, the only feasible solution is to increase the drop rate and amount of Vacant Crystal since it is the major ingredient that is only found in rare cases nowadays. That way, players won't reach to the point where they get everything before new contents are added. Grinding is part of this game but certain things need to be revamped and/or improved in order to make the game less tedious.

╔═..══════╗
            Game Guide
            ╚══════..═╝

Comment

• (VLT)Saiiko
              (VLT)Saiiko commented
              Editing a comment
              Well are you saying players won't have to grind and work hard at all if this new suggestion (which ik will not be considered) is added and that everyone will achieve their books with flying colors :S? In my opinion even if this suggestion was implemented, I still feel players would need to grind hard to achieve their books. I know what you're saying, they are trying to make end game content as hard as possible to reach. But in this case, please think of the new players just starting c9 and hitting level 60 who can not even buy 4 basic skillbooks (1 effects one) from the book dealers anymore. I personally know a lvl 64 assassin friend with only 1 magic book and 2 white books, it will him an extensive amount of time to just complete his set (farming master dngs all day just for magic... MAGIC grade books) let alone find his books rare/prare from the combination system. The new combine system is amazing, don't get me wrong, and because of it I know have basically 5-6 rare books for every class I have. The problem is I do not play those classes nor do I want those skillbooks, the skillbook I want is mana cannon and the search feels never ending. The combination system didn't impact old players in to much of a negative way, but as Razulio said, now newer players will have a difficult time farming for their books.

• Seraphiel
              Seraphiel commented
              Editing a comment
              I actually made a suggestion before in which I mentioned that we needed another feature beside the current Skill Book combination system. What I suggested was to make skill books upgradable via leveling system; meaning that in order to get higher grade skill books, you will need to use a skill to gain Skill Exp. That way, skill books can be upgraded automatically until they reach Rare grade. Of course, you'd say people will just spam skills in an empty area in a dungeon. Well, it shouldn't work that way, a skill has to be used while a character is actively engaging in fighting enemies. And, the more difficult the mob, the higher skill exp you gain. As for P-rare grade, it'll require to collect a material that can be used to upgrade rare books to P-rare. The item should not be easily accessible by normal dungeons. a Hell level dungeon like God's Calling can be a good place for people to farm that item. And of course you'll need a certain amount of that item, say, 300 of it. The item can drop in a random amount ranging from 1-3. This is just an example to give you the whole picture of what I'm trying to explain here and that's what I meant in my previous statement " Grinding is part of this game but certain things need to be revamped and/or improved in order to make the game less tedious."

• (VLT)Saiiko
              (VLT)Saiiko commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah yes I think i've seen you write that suggestion before and I think that's a great idea! an item that drops in extreme or gc hell that you have to farm as well as skill up to level your skills will be a really good way to work hard for your skillbooks. Unfortunately webzen will not see any profit from this so they will not consider any of these suggestions at all >.

The Combine System sucks ... that's the truth. At least when u combine books ppl should be able to chose the class they want skillbooks for. There are over 20 classes u can randomly receive skillbooks when u combine or kill a dimensional ... its too hard to find a skillbook for the class your playing. Ppl have been complaining about this stupid system to get skillbooks for a long time ... but webzen doesn't care.

Comment

• (VLT)Saiiko
              (VLT)Saiiko commented
              Editing a comment
              I know.. and honestly I don't understand. Why can't they just make it a little easier for us to get our skillbooks. If we become a little stronger do they fear people will be less motivated to gear up? I don't think that's the case. I think an improvement in the system making it less RNG based will cause people to show more interest in the game, cause people who've quit to come back, and ultimately cause people to play more leading to bigger player base and people actually willing to spend on a game that's treating their players nice (in my opinion).

I also remember in the survey after the 6th continent was released they asked a question about the new skillbook combine system and one of the answers to vote on was "it's to random." How come that wasn't discussed when BC did the livestream and talked about the results from the 6th continent survey o.O?

Comment

New system is terrible and almost impossible to get books for our class, 6x rare its few days dim farm + combine to get 1? fck joke, Books should be tradable or NPC with books should come back. In town we can see a lot of spamer who can pay 5-100m for book from dim

Comment

Yeah I really wish they would have kept the old book dealers to help players get a start on some of the basic books they need for their class.

Comment

i am lost count about how much we, player, create thread like this about how absurd is the skillbook system. i even created a poll for hopefully the GM will read it but still nothing change. lost hope already. regarding this matter some say that it is a KR based gaming so it is meant to be like this. a hard core gaming where u need to play like a mad dog to get what u want, i dunno if its true or not.

And some also said that it's all about a system. so when u combine ur book using a certain class probability of getting book for certain class is higher. also dont know if it only rumor or not but i kinda believe that might just be true. maybe we can all do experiment with our char then post it on a single thread.

Comment

• (VLT)Saiiko
                    (VLT)Saiiko commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Well in one of the past livestreams GM BC said it would be completely random, so I don't think their are certain combinations that increase a chance of getting certain class.. just RNG based. And korean gaming but like how much better the events are/rates in jp server. I mean they make the game harder every patch (adding green mobs, reducing rates, and increasing the difficulty for last tier of survival substantially so that we have to gear up and get skillbooks to beat it). I just wish they could give us a break on the skillbooks, I mean we grind hard enough already and honestly i've used over 50,000 artisan crystals combining skillbooks and still have gotten rare mana cannon :/.

• Zerkerc9
                    Zerkerc9 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    of course man he will say it random. if he obviously say how the thing is then it will not be a secret again. anyway it is just some rumors i heard i also say it isnt 100% true and me myself kinda still doubt it, but remember a game is still a system. that means that somehow there is a flow of how things goes, so like i said in my post maybe you can try it out if u want and have the resources. about this RNG thing, i have prove it on other aspect in game. where people say it all so random but then when i know how thing goes, it isnt actually too random.

Or maybe luck increases according to in-game time. Well, I haven't tried that either cuz it looks stupid. RNG system will be there in almost every aspect of this game. So, don't bother about trying to find out a way to increase your chance cuz you'll waste more of your precious time.

╔═..══════╗
                  Game Guide
                  ╚══════..═╝

Comment

Yeah I believe things like at certain times the enhancing rates are higher, but as for the skillbook system I think it's 100% random all of the time, maybe at certain times books may appear more for a certain class but what does that matter, still doesn't stop you from getting books you don't need :/.

Comment

Working...
                    X