Suggestion - Remove ''Auto Guard'' by holding down S key in PVP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion - Remove ''Auto Guard'' by holding down S key in PVP

Hello, as you can understand from the title, i suggest removing auto-guarding by holding down S key ( not removing guarding all together, you'll still have guarding by pressing and holding down Q button. )

Why do i suggest this?

1- To prevent ''Backstepping'' in Pvp matches.
    2- To balance subclasses in pvp

Let me explain what i mean by those; I've been playing this game for more than 2 years now and i've seen nearly all kind of playstyles in PvPs. One of the most annoying style is Backstepping. What i mean by that is, holding down S key and going back ( so you always have guard ) and waiting for your rival to come close and using your stun, grab, knockback or counter skill.

So, if you remove holding down S option, players will have to anticipate skills of their rivals, instead of just holding down S key and having guard all the time, they'll have to use it when they need it, as it was intended to be used.

This will also balance subclasses in Pvp matches. On one hand, there is a class which uses milliseconds of invincible or superarmor frames to block attacks (like Reaperess, Bladedancer, Blademaster etc...) on the other hand there's another one which has guard all the time by just pressing and holding down S key (like Demolisher, Slayer, Berserker etc...)

If you have played that long and gained much experience to come up with this suggestion, you sure had missed that some classes, Demonisher (or Soulist) in particular, can only block with "Auto Guard", their Q button is used as teleportation (kinda cheating but that's how it works)

Comment

All classes have their advantages and disadvantages, if hand to hand classes couldn't guard easily ranged classes would kill them straight away and the most probably is that hand to hand classes wouldn't even hit once their rivals. In addition, guard has a limit, if you hit a lot of times you end up breaking it and then it's your opportunity to deal damage. I think it's ok to be able to guard both pressing Q and backstepping.

Comment

@Tristera
        Devs can easily change the Q teleport into Q+space or something right?

@Tigris
        I pretty much support the idea and like you said people just backstep instead of guarding but now if we do it some classes should be fixed aswell like gunner and his infinite-no delay roll, his auto attack should consume mana in my opinion or mystic and his iframe/SA lopping not to mention her dmg which is obviosuly broken.
        Another big problem is shaman/witchblade (I dont mind warden having it for obviosu reason) "push back" after blocking skills which give them more safe position and helps them to move backwards even further.
        There is also a reallly big issue with witchblade and shaman block since both classes can guard cancel (absorb full dmg in block) and use skill / counter right away often before opponent finish his skill animation which is obviosuly cheap and broken.
        Next if we talk about "fairness" then i think all classes should have same evasive attack, evasive roll, rising attack because as everyone knows certain classes have obviously better evasives/counters/risings then other classes and those skills should be same for everyone (i assume that shaman / witchblade / shadow / fighter would complain here hard because their eva attack or rising or eva roll gives them free combo in 90% of situations).

Obviously I dont have even a bit of hope that devs will fix anything I wrote so I at least hope that someone competent from webzen team will do something about battle maiden (instead of nerfing it in pvp after battle maiden survey they buffed it...) . This class is plain dumb and im amazed nothing was done to balance it out so far and instead we get Erta survey when 99% of players are lvl 60 or below with no gear... just no words. Webzen / Devs / GMs definitely dont know what "we" players want (no 3k coins packages with shouls, ugly costumes, 10k coins packages which in reality are worth max 6k...) and they have totaly no idea what is important (which is clearly shown in survey questions) for players so im not even surprised why game is dying.
        No name assassin ---> https://www.youtube.com/ShinKazusa

Comment

• Tristera
          Tristera commented
          Editing a comment
          I wouldn't say that kind of change is easy because after all the updates, adding new things likely always cause problem in the old ones, so I assume that C9 system is more complex than it seems, but IF they're willing to change the teleportation skill then the topic idea is applicable. I'm a NS and I can only block with Q so I have no argument in the first place.
          Also, I agree with your idea about "push back after block" and the evasions.

@Tristera
        Never played Soulist, so i dont know about that.

@Likejina
        Well, try hitting Guardian or Berserker to consume their guard limit and break their guard. You know what? Nearly all of the classes have counter skill. Plus, nobody is that stupid to stand still watch you hitting and consuming their guard limit.

Comment

@ChaoticBlue

I know that it's a long shot, but dev team at least consider about this.

If you just go to Sarad or Raebin, you'll se that half of the server is Shaman, and the ther half is Hunter. Nobody plays fighter class anymore ( Except Guardian, people play guardian just because of Bardiel... ) Let me put it this way, i'm playing Blademaster and only way to kill my enemy, lets say a Soulist, is to get close and either grab him or use Press Kick ( which has %97 chance to cancel block ). If that Soulist isn't really THAT stupid, he'll press and hold S key and whenever i get too close, he'll just use his projectiles or SA skills... Me? I have Perry skill which has 3 seconds of cooldown and requires to be exact.

Comment

Originally posted by Tigris View Post
            @ChaoticBlue

I know that it's a long shot, but dev team at least consider about this.

If you just go to Sarad or Raebin, you'll se that half of the server is Shaman, and the ther half is Hunter. Nobody plays fighter class anymore ( Except Guardian, people play guardian just because of Bardiel... ) Let me put it this way, i'm playing Blademaster and only way to kill my enemy, lets say a Soulist, is to get close and either grab him or use Press Kick ( which has %97 chance to cancel block ). If that Soulist isn't really THAT stupid, he'll press and hold S key and whenever i get too close, he'll just use his projectiles or SA skills... Me? I have Perry skill which has 3 seconds of cooldown and requires to be exact.
            There are other initiations for bm, but you are right, it's not easy to fight backstep people on bm. Main problem here is that even though press kick is near 100% guard break, it doesn't break most of the blocks (it's bugged in a way like windrush from taoist). I think the main difference/problem here is between the state of standing guard (easily breakable) and backstep guard which is hard to break for unreliable guardbreakers like press kick.

Devs will never ever remove guard for a single class or change any of this, I'm so sure about this. Reason? Because they lost track of all their changes in pvp and have no idea anymore about what is going on regarding balancing ..

Mystic is the best example for this.

Also I laughed at what chaotic was saying regarding this "block and then insta-attack". I've played taoist for such a long time and never did this. Why? Because I -hate- people who backstep-block and I never really did it extensively myself. But nice to see that particular backstepping witchblades/shamans think of such stuff xD

Though, right now, the game has worse balance issues than backstep-guarding.

Comment

• Tigris
              Tigris commented
              Editing a comment
              You're right, i guess they love their lollipop.

• [VLT]ChaoticBlue
              [VLT]ChaoticBlue commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea battle maiden is definitely a priority now and as for backstepping some players are amazingly skilled in it and even when class is combo based they chose to throw ranged skills at you.
          Working...
          X