[SUGGESTION] New practice mode to improve PVE in a better way

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SUGGESTION] New practice mode to improve PVE in a better way

I suggest creating a new mode to practise which consists in fighting a boss instead of NPCs like "Richard"

- The bosses would be the same as survival mode and they would be inmortal

- You can choose 1 boss amongst 23 (all recko and other survival bosses)

- They deal the same damage than in survival depending on the stars and can kill you but you can resurrect without spending any resurrection scroll

- A party up to 4 member is allowed to enter the stage

- The bosses would be stronger according to the lvl you are (45-54, 55-59, 60-63, 64-67)

When you go through a stage you have lots of mobs to practise your skills with. However, you need to clear a whole stage to face a boss so you don't have same practice with them and, moreover, they are more difficult to kill than ordinary mobs.

Finally, I'll tell the most important reason for this mode to be impremented: it's a way to learn how to use iframes properly in survival mode as you 1 hit die in r17 and later so you can't complete survival in spite of your OP character. This would also help you memorize every boss' attack and skill and make you fight them better.

• AntiGravity
    commented on 's reply
    Something like that would be neat. One-shots are completely against "learn from your mistakes" because you don't even get a second chance (until you waste another 30-40 minutes getting to that boss). Maybe even a similar ticket system like survival uses, where you would get like 5-10 tickets per account to try out a boss fight.

• Likejiba
    replied
    Originally posted by AntiGravity View Post
    I find that dying to BS you couldn't foresee (recko r20 one-shot attack, anyone?) is a worse experience than conquering that boss with prior knowledge of his attacks. Good suggestion imo.
    How about changing my suggestion to "fight the bosses that 1 hit kill you on survival"? (ixion, barbagus, delcano, elquiness, asura & rakhshass and the 4 oberon hell bosses), you spend 30 stamina per boss but you can stay all the time you want

Leave a comment:

• Rehaz
    replied
    Originally posted by AntiGravity View Post
    I find that dying to BS you couldn't foresee (recko r20 one-shot attack, anyone?) is a worse experience than conquering that boss with prior knowledge of his attacks. Good suggestion imo.
    You may have a point there; I always wanted to practice holding aggro from Bardiel on my Assassin, but was never able to consistently do so due to the resurrection limit and the massive damage I take per hit.

However, I would want it to be implemented in such a way that doesn't allow players to indefinitely spam these bosses until they could dodge them blindfolded; That could be done in many ways as in limited entries per boss/day, or perhaps stamina consumption per minute for that particular boss.

I see a really low chance of the developers implementing a feature with no financial return; How would you suggest it to be done?

Leave a comment:

• AntiGravity
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Rehaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Likejiba View Post
    When you go through a stage you have lots of mobs to practise your skills with. However, you need to clear a whole stage to face a boss so you don't have same practice with them.
    That would give much less value to conquering difficult stages such as Extreme mode or Survival; don't you agree that going up against a boss that you know by heart is less rewarding than going with everything at stake after a long run? I personally find that barely completing a stage after being so close to failure is a much better experience than otherwise.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X