[Suggestion] Solution for Skill Book System Crisis

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Suggestion] Solution for Skill Book System Crisis

Have you ever wondered why many C9 actionists complain a lot about Skill Book System. Most probably because it is very hard to acquire the desired skill books. I know that skill books are part of end game content, but people get frustrated especially when they farm books endlessly to no avail.

The recently introduced combine system has partially solved this issue to some extent. However, it seems that the result of combination is still too random that we even don't bother about using low level skill books e.g. Lvl. 50. which also result from combining books and they have become obsolete with Lvl. 57 skills books from Sarad and Raebin are being around.

I've been wondering, why can't we use all different kinds of skill books? Wouldn't be better to make character library more expandable? I mean, we could use all continent based books, each in a different shelf. I know that would make the game much easier as classes will become more powerful for getting multiple skill book set effects activated. However, the solution is easy and straightforward, which is either by adjusting the difficulty of this game or effects of individual skill books. We want to enjoy using all different kinds of skill books regardless of their level. More importantly, the level of anger and frustration for getting low level skill books will lessen to a greater extent.

Also, you probably forgot that there is one skill book that modifies Ultimate Fury Skill (UFS) for each class, but it is part of level 50 skill book set. And the only way to get this book is either by farming God's Calling Hell mode or by skill book combination system. Thus, people will find God's Calling Hell mode a good reason to continue farming there not only to look for UFS skill book for their classes, but also farm other level 50 skill books that can be equipped to enhance the performance of their classes. That's why I suggest to make all continent based skill books equipable. Weak classes like Slayer, Bladedancer, Shadow, etc will greatly benefit from this feature once they have multiple skill book sets activated.

Farming skill books in God's Calling Hell mode, will also help players in many ways. They can farm hell set to either use them or sell them. They can also help others to level up. And maybe if drop rate in terms of skill book number is similar to Bardiel Seal's, e.g. 1-4 books, more people will party up there and also the time required to get skill books for combining them will dramatically drop.

Moreover, there are different skill books for one skill, each has different function. But if you enable equipping skill books from different authors but for the same skill, this will add more customizability for players to build their classes PVE wise. You could also make a skill that is enhanced by multiple skill books e.g. Okapia + Raebin get a unique effect.

In short, allowing players to have multiple shelves activated will add more fun to the skill book system, and will greatly lessen the amount of frustration toward skill book system. Not to mention that people who can use their money to get skill books from the cash will increase, and WEBZEN profit will increase likewise.

╔═..══════╗
    Game Guide
    ╚══════..═╝

I got a different idea. How about add low possibility to upgrade book from lower grade to higher - something like upgrade the weapon/accessory/armor Ore to higher level. The result will have random potency. For example Arrow Shower common upgradable to Magic with 70% chance, Magic to Rare with 35% chance, and finally rare to p-rare with 12% chance. Failure cause book disappearance. What you need: book "to be upgraded"; common material(continent based -1: for example lvl 50 10/30/80(according to grade) gold ore/ lvl 57(sarad) 10/30/80 Diamond Ore/ lvl 57(raebin) 2/6/16 Raw Spinnel + 10/50/140 Artisan Crystalls; special material - (class based) is material that drop with blue mob on that continent.

Comment

• Seraphiel
      Seraphiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Your suggestion is doable, and maybe if it is combined with the suggestion I mentioned above, it'll add more fun to the grind system with less dependence on randomness factor. I still find using multiple shelf system as a good incentive for people to enjoy farming/acquiring books as it is not focusing on specific skill books, but enjoying the whole skill book system features as a whole.

That's a hella good idea if you ask me. Some Raebin books are just very awesome you know. But if anything then characters such as Guardian and Sin which are already op at intrusion will be untouchable gods. As much as I agree with you and want this to happen I want it to be balanced if it EVER happens.

Another suggestion is : When we for example combine 6 witchblade books from the same grade and author we get the chance to get another witchblade book,being higher level has a high chance like now when you combine 6 magic books. That'd be freaking awesome!

Comment

• Seraphiel
      Seraphiel commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm aware about the issue of intrusion especially with guardian. I'd actually suggest to make set effect bonuses increase his defense more than his attack power as that will define his role as a guardian. But such change might anger many guardian fans. Otherwise, Webzen has to create away in which set effects have no effect on both intruders and defenders. Only effect from individual skill books are counted. Again, my suggestion above focuses mostly on dealing with mobs and utilization of all different kinds set effects from Okapia onward. Using combination of skill book set should give some extra unique bonuses when equipping different books from different sets for the same skill. In the current system, we can't do that as we only have to choose one skill book for each skill.

I also had an idea regarding this:

combining 1 rare book that you want to upgrade + 5 prare books of that base class (for example, if you wanted to upgrade a rare shield reflect of guardian to prare grade, you would need 5 fighter prare books) + 1000 artisan crystals gives you a certain chance (maybe 25%~50%) to upgrade the rare book to the same prare book. If combining fails, you get back your rare book.

same idea could work if you'd want to upgrade a magic book to a rare book, 1 magic book + 5 rare books of that base class + 500 artisan crystals gives you a 50%~75% chance to upgrade the magic to a rare.

Comment

• Seraphiel
      Seraphiel commented
      Editing a comment
      Upgrade system like the one you mentioned makes acquiring books more logical. It's almost the same idea that DeadlyStalker mentioned. I also suggested before to make books upgradable through learning system, in which players need to use a skill with related book equipped in dungeons in the prescence of mobs. The more he uses it, the more experience he gets and becomes able to upgrade it to the next level until the book upgrades to rare grade. Perfect grade will require a special rare item in order to continue upgrading it.

well i highly agree about farming books, its really freaking hard to get the skill book that you wanted and it feels like you're being cheated (in my opinion ofc) since artisan crystals aren't that cheap and whenever you combine books, it is still random so yeah they should at least reconsider things

Comment

It's like they made the skillbook system with the future additon of cash shop skillbook chests in mind.
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      "Quote." -Person

+15 battle maiden tower F1-F40 speedrun:
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2N9IM7pgnI

Comment

My suggestion is to make skillbooks craftable.

How to do that? Simple.

Make Rares and P-Rare books refinable, when you refine them you'll get an item called "Lv50/57 Rare skillbook fragment" or "Lv.50/57 Perfect skillbook fragment", then we stack 6 pieces of a type (6 rare frags or 6 P-Rare frags, can't mix) + a certain amount of Dried Bloods (that would make non-raebin NM worth doing) and we craft the books we want (all books will be selectable at craft/exchange tab) at a certain NPC (random potency).

Let's say I farmed 3 months on GCH and got 30 Lv.50 Rares and 12 prares, now I combined and got 12 Lv. 57 rares and 6 prares. Now refining and crafting the skillbooks I want I'll get 2 desirable Rares and 1 desirable perfect book, and I still counted on book combine troll system. So that would kill the dependency on game's randomness w/o removing it, and ppl still can buy skillbook chests and refine the books if they are lazy.

Comment

• DeadlyStalker
          DeadlyStalker commented
          Editing a comment
          This suggestion is too good to happen since it's gonna make books be obtained more easily which doesn't follow webzen's policy :/

I really look forward to such a system tbh!

I can see many great ideas here. Still need a bit of grinding but we get rewarded by the end of this process. However, we only have to wait for WEBZEN to really fix this skill book system issue. I can't actually stand seeing this game dying because of many people who quit the game, and that all due to all frustration inducing system.

The process of getting desired skill books depends solely on luck, and this randomness factor makes things even worse for players to get what they want. We just need to get skill books even if it requires tedious grinding but the outcome is always known.

╔═..══════╗
        Game Guide
        ╚══════..═╝

Comment

PvE would be way better if it was a longer grind + guaranteed success compared to random luck
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          "Quote." -Person

+15 battle maiden tower F1-F40 speedrun:
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2N9IM7pgnI

Comment

• Seraphiel
            Seraphiel commented
            Editing a comment
            I couldn't agree more...

• AntiGravity
            AntiGravity commented
            Editing a comment
            Raebin NM Set was a great idea with a poor execution, You will get the set guaranteed if you farm long enough, but the set effect is way overpowered for PvP. It should offer something similar to epic soul set effect (a general increase to all stats/speeds) instead of straight up increasing damage and giving yet more healing (as if natural HP regeneration wasn't stupid enough in PvP)
        Working...
        X