Issue XignCode Error 0xE019100B Temporary Fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue XignCode Error 0xE019100B Temporary Fix

NOTE: Some players are having problems with the latest windows 10 update.
    Said fix is temporary since there is no update regarding fix in webzen xigncode.

***For people with XignCode Error 0xE019100B at Character Select After the June 26 Windows 10 Update
    This's the temporary way (some screenshots below) to resolve this problem until webzen can totally fix it:

Credits To Ngan Ngyuen of SEA Server Acharon for this info.

- Start -> Setting -> Update & Security -> View Update History -> Uninstall Updates

- Scroll in the end to find Microsoft Window section, uninstall Security Update for Microsoft Windows

- Then restart if asked and you can play after that.

Hello Robo123

I've followed all the steps you've showed in this post to get rid of the error.
    But I still get the same XIGN error, I deleted the latest secuirity update ( didn't have the same code though) and it didn't work.
    Hoping for a respond

Comment

Originally posted by ClusterBomb View Post
      Hello Robo123

I've followed all the steps you've showed in this post to get rid of the error.
      But I still get the same XIGN error, I deleted the latest secuirity update ( didn't have the same code though) and it didn't work.
      Hoping for a respond
      I have no idea why it didn't work to you ..
      I've tested on both my PC and Laptop and they all worked.

Comment

Easiest way to remove those updates would be to just use system restore, and have it use a restore point made when said updates were applied. Although that said, doing this would NOT be recommended, as Windows updates tend to include security fixes, and related, meaning by removing them, you're putting your whole system at risk. That's a very important point that was not mentioned here, and why I did not even suggest to anyone that they do so in the thread I started which first brought up this issue. Honestly, this thread is such a poor idea, it should be deleted. While I know there are people that have refused to update their systems since the version 1803 of Windows 10 first came along due to the negative impact many saw to gaming with it, it again is a very bad idea to do such a thing, as you're putting your whole system at risk.

Comment

Originally posted by JustSomeGuy View Post
          Easiest way to remove those updates would be to just use system restore, and have it use a restore point made when said updates were applied. Although that said, doing this would NOT be recommended, as Windows updates tend to include security fixes, and related, meaning by removing them, you're putting your whole system at risk. That's a very important point that was not mentioned here, and why I did not even suggest to anyone that they do so in the thread I started which first brought up this issue. Honestly, this thread is such a poor idea, it should be deleted. While I know there are people that have refused to update their systems since the version 1803 of Windows 10 first came along due to the negative impact many saw to gaming with it, it again is a very bad idea to do such a thing, as you're putting your whole system at risk.
          It partly depends on how you use and protect your PC. He also called this a temporary way, just until webzen fix it.
          Btw, this just uninstall the latest security update, not the whole security, so I think it doesn't cause that serious problems
          Last edited by [VLT]NganNguyen; 13-07-18, 03:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Aidilreload321 View Post

It partly depends on how you use and protect your PC. He also called this a temporary way, just until webzen fix it.
            Btw, this just uninstall the latest security update, not the whole security, so I think it doesn't cause that serious problems
            Generally speaking the people making viruses, worms, and so forth are making use of security holes Microsoft hasn't patched up yet, and the newer ones that they have, as people expect some will have been slow to apply updates. This is no doubt a big, to the only reason why the update function in Windows 10 doesn't have the same sort of purely manual option as prior Windows OSs had, where a person could easily elect not to apply, or even look for updates, now it's quite automated, whether you like it, or not, it will look for, and apply updates if you haven't done so yourself for a while. If one is at all concerned with keeping their system safe, keeping it up to date is the first, and more important thing you should do, anti-virus, and firewall programs are just extra things on top of that.

There have been some really nasty stuff that some have cooked up, I remember this one worm years back that if you got it, it would destroy your hard drive. Then people can find all sorts of ways to get into a system if they really want to, it's not always because someone opened an e-mail, and used some attachment within it, using Internet connected programs, such as online games can just make finding people easier. Then Webzen has nothing directly to do with fixing it, it's the ones behind XignCode that need to make the update, Webzen would just apply it, and there's no way to know how long this will go on for. Right now one would already need to remove the two most recent updates. What is being suggested is simply not safe, and no indication was made of that fact. Would you suggest to someone to temporarily try playing Russian roulette using a gun with an abnormally large cylinder? After all, the likelihood of encountering the bullet would be fairly low, so they should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by JustSomeGuy View Post

Generally speaking the people making viruses, worms, and so forth are making use of security holes Microsoft hasn't patched up yet, and the newer ones that they have, as people expect some will have been slow to apply updates. This is no doubt a big, to the only reason why the update function in Windows 10 doesn't have the same sort of purely manual option as prior Windows OSs had, where a person could easily elect not to apply, or even look for updates, now it's quite automated, whether you like it, or not, it will look for, and apply updates if you haven't done so yourself for a while. If one is at all concerned with keeping their system safe, keeping it up to date is the first, and more important thing you should do, anti-virus, and firewall programs are just extra things on top of that.

There have been some really nasty stuff that some have cooked up, I remember this one worm years back that if you got it, it would destroy your hard drive. Then people can find all sorts of ways to get into a system if they really want to, it's not always because someone opened an e-mail, and used some attachment within it, using Internet connected programs, such as online games can just make finding people easier. Then Webzen has nothing directly to do with fixing it, it's the ones behind XignCode that need to make the update, Webzen would just apply it, and there's no way to know how long this will go on for. Right now one would already need to remove the two most recent updates. What is being suggested is simply not safe, and no indication was made of that fact. Would you suggest to someone to temporarily try playing Russian roulette using a gun with an abnormally large cylinder? After all, the likelihood of encountering the bullet would be fairly low, so they should be fine.
              After all, it's just a temporary way to resolve the problem.
              Thanks for your information about risks of doing this way.
              Btw if you have some solutions you should make a post to instruct people encoutering this problem

Comment

Working...
              X