No announcement yet.

How about a small talk and suggestions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How about a small talk and suggestions?

Ok people! I’m here to talk about Reaperess. No, PVP no. She’s fine at it and don’t need changes. Let’s talk about PVE. Yes. PVE. I’m sure there are only a few reaperess on PVE. Why? Because most players know her damage on pve is low. Nowadays most players make Valkirye, Ranger, Scout, Guardian, etc. You know, those classes that deal high amount of damage for easy farming even if they dislike or get bored of them easily because they are not choosing what they really like. Doesn’t happen only to reaperess of course! But other classes too. Even +13 reaperess with good books plus set effect of 40% physical and combos give a lot of trouble breaking a dim shield like Quaroff for example. Enough babbling. Let’s go straight to the point.

As said above, she lacks in damage. Period. Not kidding. Skills are good as they are. Easy to combo and decent cool down time. Though can be shorter for faster combos and more DPS if you prefer. So, to make this easy, I suggest any of the following ideas:

1. Do a second buff PVE enabled only.

“Grim/Soul Possession[PVP disabled]”. 30-50% physical attack increase, 70-120 HTH for 25 seconds with 50 seconds cooldown. Would be cool if this skill gave her an appearance similar to the Ultimate fury form. Not necessary to add super armor as Empower already does. The idea is to only compensate the lack of damage on PVE only and make her a bit more tanky with extra HTH.

2. Set effect changes for Lyn Skylar and De Cherie sets.
    De Cherie: Current effect VI “10,000 HP regen” has a 2% activation and completely useless with an HP regen pet. Why not change it to a 40-80% Physical attack boost or 400-800 STR/Base stats? 25 seconds duration. 30% activation with any skillbook or using skill “Soul Storm” and increase Set effect V to 25 seconds with 20% activation chance.
    Even only changing current Effect V to 70-110% would be enough. But of course, 15 seconds duration is very low considering it requires you to spam “The Reaping” to activate it with a 10% chance and only gains a 40% physical damage. Change it to 30%.

Lyn Skylar: Same changes of above but with the difference, replacing the effect V “15,000” damage when using “Soul storm” replaced to a 30-60% physical attack 20 seconds duration. 30% activation when using “Soul Storm”.
    Or only change the effect IV to a 50-70% physical damage boost instead of the current 30% boost. Duration and chance should remain the same.

3. A passive for Empower. Simple. Only a pass for when using Empower to boost its duration and bonuses. PVP disabled of course.

*Extra 10% physical defense or 15% Magical Defense plus 300-600 STR/Base and adding a duration of 5-15 seconds to Empower making it more spameable but not abusive unless you have over 40% cooldown reduce which can only be achieved by Serenity dung buff, pots/food, and full Chaos Jin set.
    * Or this passive to only add 400-600 STR straight.

4. If you think it is easier to add hits, how about adding extra hits on certain skills to make her more DPS? For example:

*5 additional hits on Death Tide or Condemning assault.

*3-4 additional hits on Bladed wing or Velvet crasher

*Additional damage on soul storm and Venom strike
    *Or can consider my "Soul/Grim" skill idea to add hits to skills when used with a duration of 30-50 seconds.

The Reaperess class needs a rework for sure, this class has last been popular/commonly seen around the start of Sarad, ever since it has been breaking off.

Above points i could not express any better, however i have neglected/left my reaperess just like many others did due the crappy damage she does in comparance with all other classes.. her movements dont need adjustment, her damage does. A rework was promised around that of warrior or even before, when a new sort of huge fighter base class was suppose to be released but then this didnt happen.

Reaperess is a forgotten class, its a waste to see such a nice class not to be around anymore, it needs a update.. a few adjustments in damage could raise activity on this once awesome class.

Comment

yes yes yes! , tho prolly not that much str but higher Ratios over all

Comment

Noted

Comment

Originally posted by LostSoul6 View Post

“Grim/Soul Possession[PVP disabled]”. 30-50% physical attack increase, 70-120 HTH for 25 seconds with 50 seconds cooldown. Would be cool if this skill gave her an appearance similar to the Ultimate fury form. Not necessary to add super armor as Empower already does. The idea is to only compensate the lack of damage on PVE only and make her a bit more tanky with extra HTH.
          The 70-120 HTH for 25 seconds is useless, there is no reason to have max. health increase for only 25 second, unless it is about 30-50 minutes, because it only useful with heal, which you are not getting any in the 25 seconds duration.

Reaperess required a lot more than 30-50% damage increase to be comparable to the top PVE classes these days, I would add 10x or 300-500% damage increase for it to be viable in PVE. I am basing this estimate on my +14 Reaperess with Casillas Wrath equipped (35% damage boost) in comparison with my similarly enhanced and equipped Valkirye and Illusionist. These are the damage figures I usually saw: average 200,000-300,000 dmg per hit in multiple hits for Illusionist, average 100,000-200,000 dmg per hit in more multiple hits for Valkirye and average 10,000-20,000 dmg per hit in Reaperess other skills, average 60,000-80,000 dmg per hit in multiple hits in Reaperess main skill Reaping. The Reaping, despite being Reaperess's main nuke skill (in PVE), has cooldown time 150% longer than those of Illusionist and Valkirye, while both Illusionist and Valkirye has other nuke skills to cover the time gap of their main skill cooldown, Reaperess has none and must resort to weak defensive skills (ones with i-frames) just to keep itself alive.

In Ancient Arena, my Reaperess despite numerous attempt, stuck at round 39 for failure to inflict enough damage to kill one of the runner type mob before the time up. In case of encountering a DM boss, due to numerous failed attempt I already gave up on my Reaperess for using it on DM boss. The situation of Reaperess is very serious to the point of causing people to abandon the class, thus do not be surprised at the figures I would make for the proposed update to the class.

My suggestion:

1. Add a 100% chance to break guard feature on its Prare book Reaping, similar to Valkirye's Prare book 'Heavy Down Spin'.
          2. Increase number of hit to all existing dmg skills.
          3. Increase level of dmg +2 up to +5 to all existing skills
          4. Add a damage buff to Empower, +2500 str. (for PVE only) which is the approximate equivalent of +100% damage boost (other damage boost should still be apply to skills as mentioned in 2, 3, to make up for the total of 300% - 500% damage boosting)
          5. Add a physical defense debuff effect to the skill Reaping, the other debuff skill it has is not safe to apply on bosses, consider the fact that this is a short range class.
          6. Due to the lack of strong skill of the class, there is heavy dependence on the skill Reaping as main skill to be spam, as such I suggest the cooldown of the skill Reaping be remove or if that's not possible just reduce to 4.5 second, so that it may be spamable, and re-apply if one should miss the target. Reaping being spamable in PVE is not a concern to this class as it is already weak in this area, and that this skill is useless in PVP anyway. The reason for this skill to become spamable is to cover the lack of a full time defense buff (Empower is short term buff with a long cooldown). The need to wait for Empower to be ready while this skill is in cooldown mean the lack of damage that can be inflicted upon boss, if this skill is spammanle then this also add damage to the class in term of damage per second (dps).
          Last edited by Jodhi; 19-03-17, 03:24 PM.

Comment

• [SVL]Sayo
            [SVL]Sayo commented
            Editing a comment
            Honestly, you are right that her damage is very low compared to other classes. Even I being a very high geared Reaperess with +16 Master 65 scythe, my max damage is 400k per hit without fury or debuffs. However, some of your suggestions are insanely high. So I cannot agree with all and will respond listed to each:

1. Yes, would be a good help, especially vs bosses but doesn't have to be this way as the 25% critical damage is a nice boost. But, can be added to velvet crasher instead. I'd suggest also a super armor on Velvet crasher p.rare book to make the Sarad books more useful. Raebin ones have better effects to be honest.
            2. Yes. Not all skills but would help her become more DPS and less dependant from some skills like The Reaping(I don't abuse that skill unless its chaos spire though).
            3. Yes.
            4. This one of my disagrees hahah! +2500? That's too much. 900-1500 should be enough. But a passive for this skill should be enough to have it as a PVP disabled skill. But also add extra duration to this skill to keep the buff for a longer period of time.
            5. Yes, would help a lot vs bosses. But can also be solved with a longer duration on other skills debuf like on hellbound scythe's 37% debuff for 15 seconds instead of 8. Why not even have it 50% instead of 37%?
            6. Big dependance true. But the perfect rare books with effect changes have reduced this dependance. Example Velvet crasher and Dismemembering slash. These deal a damage enough to compare with The reaping skill. But again the class itself lacks in overall damage alone and velvet has not even semi SA so can be interrupted easily. So doesn't need to reduce Cooldown. Instead, make the skill canceable if misses a target or accidentally hit a box -.-". As for Empower, again it only needs a longer duration and higher buff lvls. A passive would be perfect to keep it pvp disabled.

https://youtu.be/KyWmLaX2JII
          not op but not so bad either

Comment

• Balmung
            Balmung commented
            Editing a comment
            If you see at end his weapon is +16, only 6% defence down growth stone, no casilla, no hollies belt (not fully geared) but good books like other classes.
            Completing r20 with 15min + left without fully geared stuffs is not bad imo.

• [SVL]Sayo
            [SVL]Sayo commented
            Editing a comment
            Not bad true! But still low compared to those classes with higher damage with much less gear.

• Balmung
            Balmung commented
            Editing a comment
            Actually most of class are now good enough with new p rare books. Fact is that as these books are new, most players dont have them and many players aready have good guard/illu/ele books so they usually combine other class books instead of making new class.
            If you see all op classes they all depend on fixed op p rare books. Without p rare books they are even worse than any other class without books.
            Video i posted show the same thing, this guy got good new p rare books and you can clearly see he is doing well.
            Lets see
            1. Illu- without p rare mind flash and ascent it pretty much trash.
            2. Valky- good without books but need air target and other books for op dmg
            3. Guard- without book do worse than scout. Atleast need 20 star and rare book set.
            Warrior- need charging hammer
            Ele- salamander, manacannon
            All op class depend on p rare books
            I am not saying reaper is op but it need just little dmg incease like 50-70% in book set effect.( i am sure it will do more dmg than guard even with 50% with p rare books)
            I myself quited playing gunslinger coz of low dmg but when i got new books and tried them i found it doing same dmg as guard lol. So i m back to gs again.
            Whole point is maybe you need to farm good books to be op in pve instead of asking for like 500% dmg boost lol.

The reaperess needs a very high rework in the PVE. None of her skills deal such heavy damage, which makes her weak even as DPS damage (which was to be her intention).

1) The Reaping spends an absurd amount of Mana at the initial levels, where you have no Mana sustenance. (Nor using 03 MP Recovery Accessories can you restore the gameplay of the reaperess, which is mostly Combo-oriented.
          2) The books of the reaperess are leaving to be desired, except those of raebin that are until very reasonable, but in abilities with a very low degree of damage. Velvet Crasher (Perfect) The additional hits could be much faster in execution, Viper Landing could have a force and a basic increase in its damage, Soul Storm could have an increase in damage, Reaping lunge assault leaves quite a craving outside the library De Cherie, who is very weak. Set VI grants healing, useless aiming at the need that the classes nowadays have with Bastet, who already heals all HP. They could put Critical Damage in set effect III or IV and put 10% physical damage on set I to give an additional considerable damage to the character.
          3) The abilities of the reaperess have very low damage staggering, but VERY low even! Venon Strike deals virtually no damage, Bladed Wing could have a very strong increase in damage, due to its cooldown of 20 seconds, Blade Cyclone needs to increase the skill damage curve, as well as Bone Shatter, Death Scythe, and create a buff for evasion and move speed, as well as that of Taoist, since Reaperess is a class that was made to have a stronger movement, which in the case loses for at least 6 classes in the game (Shadow, Assassin, Battle Maiden, Blademaster, Demonisher (Over soul) and Slayer).
          4) The passive abilities of the reaperess are also very weak, including the total lack of notion of having left WIS as a passive ability, since the reaperess has no magic ability. Replace the WIS passive with Atk Spd, Critical Chance and boost defense, because there are 03 things she needs in her gameplay.

Comment

• [SVL]Sayo
            [SVL]Sayo commented
            Editing a comment
            1)True.
            2)True. Viper lacks a lot in damage alone. Its intended for croud control, but Velvet does this a lot easier due to damage difference. Soul storm maxed alone deals decent damage, but if higher would be great. Set changes, I agree more with the original suggestions posted at the start of this thread.
            3)True for all.
            4. True! But why replace WIS to extra speed considering it has a cap and can be reached with gear? Crit Chance? Remember that skills alone increase this. I even have 45% crit chance with equip because skills get me up to 125% which its cap is 75%. So, defense and a BIG damage boost would be good instead of those two. Accuracy as a boost would do a lot more of a help than Crit chance. Trust me.

• RochellySantrelly
            RochellySantrelly commented
            Editing a comment
            My idea about attack speed is a passive era to get a level of spd atk cap easily, without having to rely on a master / ult-rare weapon. This buff of mentalism could be traded for something like passive Mystic (critical damage), Hunter (fitness mastery 3, for example). The critical chance really could be put something different in place, I forgot the detail that some of the skills of the reaperess already give critical. Another idea would be to take a passive similar to the Taoist's Enlightment, which gives STR + HP + physical defense xD

Originally posted by RochellySantrelly View Post
          4) The passive abilities of the reaperess are also very weak, including the total lack of notion of having left WIS as a passive ability, since the reaperess has no magic ability. Replace the WIS passive with Atk Spd, Critical Chance and boost defense, because there are 03 things she needs in her gameplay.
          hahaha AMEN to that one... So odd she has Wis lol

Comment

Originally posted by LostSoul6 View Post
            Ok people! I’m here to talk about Reaperess. No, PVP no. She’s fine at it and don’t need changes. Let’s talk about PVE. Yes. PVE. I’m sure there are only a few reaperess on PVE. Why? Because most players know her damage on pve is low. Nowadays most players make Valkirye, Ranger, Scout, Guardian, etc. You know, those classes that deal high amount of damage for easy farming even if they dislike or get bored of them easily because they are not choosing what they really like. Doesn’t happen only to reaperess of course! But other classes too. Even +13 reaperess with good books plus set effect of 40% physical and combos give a lot of trouble breaking a dim shield like Quaroff for example. Enough babbling. Let’s go straight to the point.

As said above, she lacks in damage. Period. Not kidding. Skills are good as they are. Easy to combo and decent cool down time. Though can be shorter for faster combos and more DPS if you prefer. So, to make this easy, I suggest any of the following ideas:

2. Set effect changes for Lyn Skylar and De Cherie sets.
            De Cherie: Current effect VI “10,000 HP regen” has a 2% activation and completely useless with an HP regen pet. Why not change it to a 40-80% Physical attack boost or 400-800 STR/Base stats? 25 seconds duration. 30% activation with any skillbook or using skill “Soul Storm” and increase Set effect V to 25 seconds with 20% activation chance.
            Even only changing current Effect V to 70-110% would be enough. But of course, 15 seconds duration is very low considering it requires you to spam “The Reaping” to activate it with a 10% chance and only gains a 40% physical damage. Change it to 30%.

Lyn Skylar: Same changes of above but with the difference, replacing the effect V “15,000” damage when using “Soul storm” replaced to a 30-60% physical attack 20 seconds duration. 30% activation when using “Soul Storm”.
            Or only change the effect IV to a 50-70% physical damage boost instead of the current 30% boost. Duration and chance should remain the same.

3. A passive for Empower. Simple. Only a pass for when using Empower to boost its duration and bonuses. PVP disabled of course.

*Extra 10% physical defense or 15% Magical Defense plus 300-600 STR/Base and adding a duration of 5-15 seconds to Empower making it more spameable but not abusive unless you have over 40% cooldown reduce which can only be achieved by Serenity dung buff, pots/food, and full Chaos Jin set.
            * Or this passive to only add 400-600 STR straight.

4. If you think it is easier to add hits, how about adding extra hits on certain skills to make her more DPS? For example:

*5 additional hits on Death Tide or Condemning assault.

*3-4 additional hits on Bladed wing or Velvet crasher

*Additional damage on soul storm and Venom strike
            *Or can consider my "Soul/Grim" skill idea to add hits to skills when used with a duration of 30-50 seconds.

I like these suggestions very much and can agree with most as they will help the class a lot as she really lacks a lot in damage. However, I'd like to change some details on each of your suggestions:

1. 100-220 HTH would help more to make it more tanky. Physical attack boost is decent. But can go higher too. 50%-80% for 30 seconds. 50-60 seconds cooldown still is decent considering that cooldown reduce buffs can make this a lot shorter.

2. De Cherie VI changed to a maximum of 100% physical attack or 700-1000 STR as its not a huge difference. But if base, maximum of 750 is understandable as this buffs not only damage.
            Changing V to 80-150% is enough. Remember we are only trying to compensate the lack of damage and not make a broken class haha.

Lyn Skylar same as above.

3. only change it to 500-700 STR/Base as its effect is the only addition I can give. Rest is fine.

4. No more words needed.

My only personal suggestions are the following additions on skills:

* The reaping a larger force pull and extra 2-3 hits with a faster attack speed to make the animation shorter with the extra hits.

* Hellbound Scythe, a 15 seconds duration with a 45-50% debuf instead of current one.

* Spin smash and next commands, add a bigger force pull for more combos. (It has but very low).

* Velvet Crasher to have a Super Armor with Perfect Rare book.

Comment

Originally posted by SayoElizabeth View Post

I like these suggestions very much and can agree with most as they will help the class a lot as she really lacks a lot in damage. However, I'd like to change some details on each of your suggestions:

1. 100-220 HTH would help more to make it more tanky.
              A temporary buff for 200 HTH will increase max. health for about 3000, but the actual health that is left remains unchanged. For example, you are left with 50 health, after activating the buff, your max. health is 25000+3000=28000, but your actual health is still 50, the buff will not increase your chance to survive at this point. Even if there is a heal to raise the health to the max, as soon as the buff is over, that extra 3000 health is gone. Unless you are confusing the buff to HTH is at the same time raise the existing health to the max. health without needed additional heal, then I can see the benefit, but then of course there is no such buff which raise the actual health, as that would become a heal in itself.

This is the reason that in any temporary boost to stat, a boost to Base Stat (wis/str+hth+int)+300 is inferior to a boost to Dmg Stat (wis/str) +400 (for example), but for permanent boost to stat, the formal is superior.
              Last edited by Jodhi; 24-03-17, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• [SVL]Sayo
                [SVL]Sayo commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree with you. You'd only increase a small amount and a better amount would be a 300-400. But considering they would disagree with it for being too much, was only trying to be more reasonable. However, this also increases your defense not only your hp. Don't forget that as it is useful to stay alive. And on dungeons like nm where you only need it for a short time would work. or for extremes, abuse of cooldown pots will help. Just trying to keep this within the possibilities, limitations ingame, etc. But hey, its up to the Devs to pay attention on this.
            Working...
            X